It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US pledges $US1 billion for swine flu vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

US pledges $US1 billion for swine flu vaccine

www.news.com.au

THE United States will invest $US1 billion ($1.28 billion) to develop key components for a swine flu vaccine and conduct clinical studies into its efficacy, Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said.
The money will come from already existing funds and will be used to place orders with companies licensed to produce flu vaccine for antigens - the ingredient in a vaccine that causes the body to develop antibodies - and adjuvants, which boost the body's immune response.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Oh well...another billion dollars down the drain. ugh.

Don't everybody go attacking me for the stupidity of this comment, but here it goes:

Why is this our problem to fund? And where the heck is yet another billion dollars coming from? Oh, never mind, I can hear them printing it.

Shouldn't WHO or the UN determine this is necessary and then draw funds from all of the countries affected? The last I heard this was a worldwide problem. Furthermore, I thought WHO was already working on a vaccine.

Someone please enlighten me to the error of my thoughts.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think this new addition a certain someones bank account will make them very happy

He'll be just thrilled, along with the company!

I wonder (if we even hear about this every again) if they plan on distributing this as a mandatory for school and etc...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
A day late,and a buck short!

Seriously ... Anything after the initial breakout of the virus any attempt at a vaccine is pure attempts by vaccine profiteers to make money on a dying trend.

What they understand and what we understand is virus's mutate and are not the same virus when a vaccine finally does come out.

I call profit BS.

new topics

top topics

join