It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Prep For Gun Bans, Chaos, Terrorism, Civil Unrest, Economic Collapse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I hear people say it is panic and fear. However, I don't think that is the case with the majority of people. People have been seeing the writing on the wall for some time now and just don't feel they can put off their purchases much longer. Bush claimed the Constitution was, "Just a GD piece of paper"! Obama is the ultimate anti-gun politician and we can judge by his brilliant moves so far in office what kind of forethought he is not capable of. Because of this, he just might do something stupid enough to set off the citizens.

One thing that I have talked with people about is the moves by state legislatures to put the Feds on notice about anymore federal restrictions, and laws infringing on state rights. Some states like Montana and Texas have gone even further. You know things a hot under the surface when our state governments are passing laws like this confronting the federal government directly. They are not the extremists in office and I don't ever remember state governments doing these kinds of things. State governments are closer to the people than the federal government is and they seem to realize that the citizens are very serious about this issue. After all, they only care about being reelected in general. Also, I have not heard one federal politician or represenative of the President say anything about these state laws. Maybe I missed it. But several of the laws passed sent notification to the Office of the President. I think we can judge by Obama's silence on this issue and his many reversals of stated campaign promises as evidence that even his congressional democrats are begining to 'hear' the people and refusing to pass anymore blanket laws after the bail out debacle and these 'warning shots across the bow' fired from state legislatures.

No, I think that this is a whole lot more than panic and fear from radicals. Anyone that thinks that is either in denial, or out of touch with the general public. Like some people in here, I am in touch daily with a lot of citizens and have many friends in the law enforcement and intelligence community. I am hearing these beliefs that the federal government is out of control from liberals and conservatives alike. I am also hearing support from the rank and file in the military and law enforcement. The federal government does not have all the support that it thinks it has. The people in those jobs are our brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles, etc, etc and there are many that feel the same way about how the federal government is acting. They are also discontent about it, privately, not publicly because it puts their lives in direct danger. Even high ranking officers in the military are not all blindly supporting this grab for liberties. That is one of the biggest mistakes the federal legislative and executive branch has been making in their confidence levels going forward with some of these laws and actions. I am not one to react to rumors or radicals and keep an even keel, but this 'feeling and movement of preparation' for what is comming is not a marketing and fear reaction from most of the people. Some maybe. When I saw my 70+ year old parents comming home with bags of ammunition I realized then that it wasn't just the usual suspects with these feelings and ideas.

The country is deeply upset and a majority feel that our 'representative' government has gone dangerously off course. They have tried just about everything over the last several elections to get the federal government to listen to their wishes, but be it republicans or democrats in control of congress or the presidency, they are doing whatever they want to without regard to mandate or the Constitution. The citizenry can feel it in their bones that this will not be a pretty ending. The federal government, well a number of it's leaders anyway, are in denial and out of touch with the reality of the situation.

It is more serious than people think!

[edit on 24/5/09 by spirit_horse]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
The federal government does not have all the support that it thinks it has. The people in those jobs are our brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles, etc, etc and there are many that feel the same way about how the federal government is acting.

It is more serious than people think!

You're certainly right about that...that was part of the point that I was trying to make, but you hit it on the head...great post, thanks!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
I like the part about "groups opposed to single issues such as abortion or immigation may be deemed extremists. The fear is that they will use the economic downturn to further their agenda..."

Does Obama think he's the first President to ever come across groups that disagree with his policies?? If you disagree with him on abortion, immigration, etc., you are an extremist!?

Ummm...I thought that was what the US was founded on. The right to disagree -- and protest.

Wait until the general populace figures out that they, too, are included in these extremist groups and that he's not referring solely to the KKK, or militias, or the like.

when you kill or injure people because they are pro-choice...you are a nutball extremist and should be put away in prison. who made you or the church or the government in charge of what is inside a womans body. at the same time you are trying to keep the government from taking your guns...your telling the government to force birth on every pregnant woman...what a hypocrite. i think every forced-birth christian should be put in a room and made to watch women bleed out from botched abortions before roe v. wade was passed. this is why people are wary of you forced-birth christians. your inability to see the other side of this arguement makes your type dangerous, because doctors and health care workers have already been killed and injured by the extremists you agree with.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

I like the part about "groups opposed to single issues such as abortion or immigation may be deemed extremists. The fear is that they will use the economic downturn to further their agenda..."

Does Obama think he's the first President to ever come across groups that disagree with his policies?? If you disagree with him on abortion, immigration, etc., you are an extremist!?

Ummm...I thought that was what the US was founded on. The right to disagree -- and protest.

Wait until the general populace figures out that they, too, are included in these extremist groups and that he's not referring solely to the KKK, or militias, or the like.

when you kill or injure people because they are pro-choice...you are a nutball extremist and should be put away in prison. who made you or the church or the government in charge of what is inside a womans body. at the same time you are trying to keep the government from taking your guns...your telling the government to force birth on every pregnant woman...what a hypocrite. i think every forced-birth christian should be put in a room and made to watch women bleed out from botched abortions before roe v. wade was passed. this is why people are wary of you forced-birth christians. your inability to see the other side of this arguement makes your type dangerous, because doctors and health care workers have already been killed and injured by the extremists you agree with.

Nowhere in his post does lpowell advocate violence against those who are for abortion. He merely states his opposition to those policies.

Wary of us 'force-birthed christians'? Should't you be more wary of a government that is actively seeking to control every facet of your life, regardless of your beliefs, gender, race, etc.?

This is not about abortion-policies... it's about the government labeling conservative-minded individuals as possible terrorists due to their LAWFUL and PEACEFUL opposition to many goverment positions. At least, currently lawful. Who knows what the future holds for all of us...

[edit on 24-5-2009 by GuiltyByDesign]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I would llike to speak to the issue of underlying fear in society. When I am out and about, I pay attention to what people are saying, the experessions on the faces, the way they carry themselves. I overheard some old men talking about the depression and how this looks worse. People are walking away from the gun counters because they can't get the ammo they want, and they look nervous. People are constantly looking over their shoulders.
I was talking to wife Friday, about a weird dream I'd had and how I'd awakened having a panic attack. Of course, I just laughed it off, as I do most of the dreams I have, since their related to a medicatin I take that causes extremely vivid dreams. I laughed it off until she turned and looked a me with tears in her eyes, and said, "I've been uneasy, just like you have. Gor a long time." I could lie to her. There has been a strong undercurrent of fear in the air for at least the last two years, although for me, it started when Clinton was in office.
We both have handguns and a shotgun. I'v got about 1500 rounds for the handguns, not sure about the shotgun.
the people I work with are showing the same anxities I see described here. The vague uneasiness that you need to run, but you don't know where, or don't have a place.
Let's hope we're wrong.
This is off topic, but there was someone on fox and friends this morning, a "prognosticator" who was talking about food lines and food riots by 2012. I didn't get to hear more than the tease because I had to go to work.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
good good , the faster the demonic USA sinks , the better it is for the poor world , which suffers in the hands of USA

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

That is so scary.

If all this trouble does start , how will the elderly defend themselves?

There are many people that do not have guns and have no idea how to use one.

Scary indeed....

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That's what I think also.

I knew a young woman that had a fatal disease and she was pregnant.
The doctors told her that she had to choose between saving her life or the baby's life.

She went to the hospital with her husband and was about ready to have the abortion when somehow two people approached them and talked her out of it..
One of them was a doctor!
They took the two and hid them out from their family.
To me that's kidnapping.
To make a long story short.
She gave birth and died 12 days later.

THESE people are extremists should be imprisoned !

They kill people for their beliefs and that makes them no better than the abortionist.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by MagicaRose]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Just like any other time of trouble,the good will come to the aid of, protect and care for the weak and those unable to protect themselves...knowing these "good" types in advance is a good idea..

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter
Just like any other time of trouble,the good will come to the aid of, protect and care for the weak and those unable to protect themselves...

Exactly right! There are many generations of experienced war fighters in our country, and I mean OUR COUNTRY. One of the biggest differences between us and some of the enemies, i.e. terrorists, found in other countries is that we don't kill innocent civilians to draw attention to ourselves. The government identifying service men coming home from wars to protect our freedoms as terrorists has done the feds a great amount of harm. In one broad stroke, they sided the entire US military on our side of the conflict. I want to stress that I am not against our government at all, just against the course that it has veered off on by neglecting the very documents that our country was founded on and our service men have fought for throughout our nation's history. Like every other military and law enforcement officer, I have taken the oath to 'Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic'. It would do the politicianns a great service to review their history and act accordingly.

[edit on 25/5/09 by spirit_horse]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GuiltyByDesign

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you. You are absolutely correct --

I DO NOT ADVOCATE VIOLENCE AGAINST ANYONE. PERIOD.

My point was simply that Obama's current definition of "extremist" is rather broad and encompasses many persons not usually associated with extreme tendancies -- such as when he warned about returning veterans.

Edit to add: I am not a forced-birth Christian as accused by jimmyx. I am, in fact, pro-choice. I believe people should have the freedom of choice. This pertains to most everything, not just abortion.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

...your telling the government to force birth on every pregnant woman...what a hypocrite. i think every forced-birth christian should be put in a room and made to watch women bleed out from botched abortions before roe v. wade was passed. this is why people are wary of you forced-birth christians.

I expect an apology from you. You misread what I wrote and jumped to crazy conclusions and called me several rather offensive names. Here's some things you should know about me:

1. I AM A WOMAN
2. I AM PRO-CHOICE
3. I have voted for Republicans, Democrats, Independents
4. I believe in the Constitution
5. I believe that less government involvement in the average lives of Americans is always better.
6. I believe that it is our duty, as simple human-beings, to want to strive for equality, for everyone.

I'll continue my list if you like.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Are they arming and training Obama's Civilvian National Security forces?He did say they would be armed like the military.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter
I can tell you all this much....Part of my business involves firearm training....to be blunt, we train groups and individuals how to survive gunfights of every kind...as you can imagine, business has been overwhelming for us lately...but we've noticed a disturbing trend...we're getting more and more business from the Feds....to the extent that they would like us to be an exclusive facility for them....as in no more civilian training....I wish I could be more forthcoming, but get the picture???

It sounds like you've been given an offer you CAN'T refuse (without penalty that is). It's not hard to imagine what would happen to your business should you decide not to comply with such a "request".

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
People are going to have more important things on their minds than banning gay marriage, banning abortion, and instituting school prayer when they and their families are scrounging for food and basic supplies (besides, those issues are up to the States and not the Federal Government, something die-hard Republicans should know very well).

As for reported ammo shortages, I recently bought a load of 12 ga. buckshot and slugs and a brick of .22 ammo from the Sports Authority, no problem. Seems to me the ammo shortage rumor has been a little overblown.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TypeSH2001

12 guage and 22s are about the ONLY bullets you can get these days!

The ammo shortage is VERY real.

Try to go back to that store and buy 308, 30-06, 45acp, 9mm or 40 cal. Report back to us if they have any of those calibers.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Ummm...have you not been paying attention mike? They won't need to come get the guns if no one has the ammo to use them. They don't need to ban something no one can use.

If the trend of shortages continue, and there is a tax put on ammo, it'll only be those with the money and connections that will be able to find it and buy it. That's how I'm seeing it anyway.

You walk into any store in my area looking for ammo good luck. I even tried the Wal-Mart here. They were out of 9mm when I first bought my pistol 4 months ago and are still out of it as of last time I was in there about a week ago. I have only been able to find 4 boxes of 9mm rounds in the last few months. Now for my .22? I have had no trouble finding ammo for it.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Well, first of all, it's not entirely my business...I do not own controlling interest, but I do have a say in the general direction we go....Interesting choice of words, and I see you are able to read between the lines

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
haha yea you guys go ahead and rebel with your .22s and 9mm.

they could crush us all pretty quick. it all depends how they choose too.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join