It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama picks former shuttle commander to lead NASA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Obama picks former shuttle commander to lead NASA

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama has picked a former shuttle commander to head NASA.
Charles Bolden flew in space four times — twice as shuttle commander — and once was assistant deputy administrator at NASA headquarters in Washington. The 62-year-old Bolden left NASA in 1994.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So what do you think ?

Will Obama give a new direction to NASA , one that will involve a maned space exploration ? Releasing of possible info that was once kept a secret ? Or can we simply expect more of the same old same old ?
One can't help but wonder just how much NASA will be effected by the current economical situation .

Richard C Hoagland was on C2C the other night and he seems to give this guy a lot of credit . Richard speculates that " we " are in store for a more open NASA as well as a maned space exploration to Mars , wishful thinking , we shall see .

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't really agree with much of what Hoagland says, but he also brings up some good points.

I pray this is one of the things he is right about!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I think it is good someone who has actually been in space is in charge of NASA. Maybe he will take it the right direction, we shall see.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
as a formar astronaut and us marine corps generaal ( maybe even us space marine ?? ) he has the connection and information clearance to maybe even top secret black tech and militair space vehicles.
So maybe after obama put him in place he will disclose a top secret replacement out of the black into the grey so the shuttle will be replaced not by the Orian but by these crafts so they can save money and send us finally to the moon mars and beyond.

Obama wants a cleaner greener and saver world , well lets get of rocket tech and go on and over to a electric powered space craft or launching system.
like a nuclear powered system which creates a beam in which a craft is launched and within that beam the gravity is lifted or bend so a craft can be launch by using magnetic repulsion and without using much energy .
Like a magnetic twister which acts like a normal twister which lifts up things and has a center spot where it is wind stil but in this magnetic twister there is a center where gravity is lower or lifted and the surounding circular motion of the twister is used to launch a craft.

but now I am a bit of topic but that is only because I think space exploration is the sole and most important thing for humankind to do it wil solve many things and creates peace ..
lets send a palestinian and a israeli to space using american craft on a russian launch system and let them plant a israeli and palestinian flag on the moon using Chinese spacesuites.

So I hope this candidate will be a great thing for NASA and that we will send more humans into space .. doing that will ensure the survical of us all.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
He's 62 years old. Wonder how long he'll be in charge?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

Richard C Hoagland echoed your words to a tea .

Lets see what N.A.S.A does in the first 6 months to a year with this guy at the helm .

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Here is a link to Charles Bolden's NASA Bio.

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

So what do you think , will this guys hands be tied or will he be able to deliver ?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I do not believe Mr. Bolden will be any different then the previous couple of NASA heads.

Right now, the American pysche is frazzled and our pockets are running threadbare. I imagine the LAST thing the average "Joe the Plumber" American cares about right now is the government using their tax dollars to look for little green men (sarcasm intended).

Earmarks and kickbacks are one thing.... people while gripe and moan, but they won't necessarily do anything about it. But could you imagine the press and the spin they would put the populace in if even a hint of a highly costly and possibly risky NASA mission or program was revealed?

It's truly saddenning to think of. NASA has some of the best and brightest minds in the world, and I believe most of them have the best of intentions for mankind. Unfortunately, we as a nation no longer dream of a bright and free future.

We only care about what's coming on Fox after "House" and when our pizza is going to be delivered.

Pessimism aside, I wish Mr. Bolden well. I just think the current state of affairs we find ourselves in will not allow NASA to do anything other than laboratory experiments on meteorites.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It just cracks me up that NASA spends billions and uses these great minds to build this primitive space junk.. when around the corner are black ops hangars with anti-g craft and who knows what else probably already working in tandem with off world bases. And here NASA is building a rover to slowly crawl around on Mars.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GuiltyByDesign

The only way people will care is if we did find not only life, but advanced life, not some little bitty bug on Mars. If we did find other intelligent life, then, I think people would be interested, but then again people would probably say it's B.S, it's a people in costumes. If aliens actually did land on the white house lawn, people would say it's all CGI, and those who saw it in person would say it's just a show and that saucer is just some new govenment aircraft. So you might be right, no matter what, maybe people won't actually care.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
It just cracks me up that NASA spends billions and uses these great minds to build this primitive space junk.. when around the corner are black ops hangars with anti-g craft and who knows what else probably already working in tandem with off world bases. And here NASA is building a rover to slowly crawl around on Mars.

I'm with you on that, contemplator. Why are we American taxpayers funding the development of the pathetic Aries rocket & Orion capsule combo, when we have already funded billions to Area 51 to develop (back-engineer) anti-gravity spacecraft? Let the astronauts take one of their black triangles to the moon, and forget the explosive, polluting, and inept rockets! If A-51 wont release their anti-grav ship tech... then shut them down! And if NASA won't adopt the anti-grav ship tech... then shut them down!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Excellent points with regards to the " black op's "

I would think that it would only be logical that during the birth if NASA that there was another , hidden from public view , space program created as well . How could there not have been ?

Will this two " factions " be brought together in some fashion to breath life back into
NASA ?

Do you think for one sec that the U.S would allow them selves to fall behind in space , given all the other nations making real plans for maned space exploration ?

new topics

top topics

join