It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Featured On Air Force Insignias. Strange NASA And Black Projects Patches!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
They are jokes, per say. They are like trading cards. Squadrons will make up the patches on their own and trade them around. These are not official patches and are never worn on uniforms.

Speaking of patches... a long time ago in a galaxy not to far away someone was going to send me one or two

Hey congrats on the mod status I just noticed that today

Corporation patch of Robert Bigelow, of Bigelow Aerospace... and this one IS worn

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to
Air Force Space Command patches incorporate the logo of Star Trek in them. Does that mean the Star Trek universe is real?

Well... as a matter of fact... most likely

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Just because it says, 'Tastes like chicken' does it translate into an Olympic leap of logic, as you find it amusing?

I did not say it is a leap of logic because it says tastes like chicken. I've seen your posts here, Mikesingh; you are smarter than that. Your entire post was based on one leap of logic after leap of logic. And your entire response to me is built on twisting what I said and not-so-subtle insults.

So what's a joke doing in an official history of the unit? As you must be aware, a Unit's history is a serious matter!

As someone else pointed out, that is not an official history of the unit, but a book on UFOs.

May be a joke? Not sure? Well, it May not be!

You're right, it may not be. But you have not tried to find out the meaning beyond seeing something strange then telling us it must mean aliens are involved.

Are you implying that the USAF, Space Command etc is a big joke? High time they get down to serious business instead of joking around and wasting tax payers money!

I did not imply such a thing. You are twisting what I said, much like you have twisted the meaning and implications of these patches. And yes, there may be little in-jokes when they produce patches and insignia; such things are a shared-culture among the units and have meaning to them. Saying such is not the same as saying the entire USAF is a big-joke. That is a despicable tactic, Mikesingh.

You haven't explained, why Orion in particular? And why some of the patches have the SAME 5 + 1 config of stars? Why not 3, 4, 8, 10? Does the '5 + 1' imply Area 51?

Again, you are making a Olympic-class leap of logic, instead of trying to find out what it actually means, you are speculating and confusing speculation with explanation.

But has it struck you why the 5 + 1 star config is shown in many patches? And the significance of IX and XI? You seem to be just reproducing what's opined in some articles without applying you mind!

And you are not actually trying to discover the meaning behind what these patches and insignia are. You see something strange and assuming because it is strange that it must mean it is implying extraterrestrial.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
How about THIS one?

NRO "We Own the Night"

The 'joke' here is that it actually shows the true orbit of the four top secret (at the time) LaCross satellites...

The most recent issue of Cabinet Magazine has a really good article by artist and CIA expert Trevor Palgen about the iconography of military insignia, particularly of those branches of the military that "don't exist." How do you celebrate your work with traditional military regalia, Palgen asks, while retaining the secrecy which defines it? It's an interesting question.

Well, sometimes you don't. Take for example this embroidered patch, distributed by the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), the US "black" space agency primarily responsible for the operation of military reconnaissance satellites (and God-knows-what-else). The patch was released by the NRO to commemorate the launch of a Titan 4B from Vandenberg Air Force Base -- one that boosted, according to the Air Force, a classified payload into orbit.

Classified, that is, unless you can read into the NRO's weird symbolism. Apparently, the patch -- right down to the angles of those boomerang shapes -- is a dead giveaway about the launch payload, that, it has now been confirmed, were four "Lacrosse" recon-satellittes, which give the U.S. military the ability to monitor problem spots around the world and accurately target weapons in almost real time. Yikes, that is a whole other ball of yarn entirely that I am not going to tangle with now.

On a more abstract level, these kinds of patches betray the U.S. military's deep-rooted love of insignia and symbolism. So profound was their desire to reduce, stylize, and graphically compartmentalize the event that they couldn't contain themselves from nearly giving away really classified information. It's baffling, though. Who is this highly-coded symbolism, this "formal doctrine of signs," as Charles Sanders Pierce had it, for? The people that fly the covert experimental CIA jet-planes? Most of the time, the visual rhetoric is so obscure, and yet so clearly steeped in a formal methodology of signifiers, that it's hard to see who might have the pleasure of "getting" it.

www.urbanhonking.com...

So it seems its more than just a joke... that some of these patches have a lot of thought put into them to 'keep us guessing'

[edit on 23-5-2009 by zorgon]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
ya they just HAPPEN to make a joke about Greys and pseudo reptilian aliens

Sure....

why wasnt it hippo-aliens or insect aliens?

maybe because they saw what the real aliens look like first? then they could make sure the patches depicted the real deal, rather than painting fake aliens like the GAZILLION possibilities that exist!

sorry its far too coincidental, i think they know something

You are making the same leaps of logic that Mikesingh is. The military shares the same pop-culture as the rest of America. The Grey is instantly recognizable as "alien." A "insect-alien" and "hippo-alien" would not be recognizable as such and would have to be explained each time someone saw it. They Grey needs no such explanation. There is no reason to assume they saw an actual alien.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Do these red snakes' tongues depict energy beam weapons directed at ground/airborne and selective ET craft as mentioned?

Depiction of Orion? Why is NASA fascinated with it?
Serpents around Earth?

Alpha Draconi star system of the Orion Constellation.. home of the Reptiles?

Hmmmm.... NAH....

Many former astronauts, such as Edgar Mitchell, had came forward or spoken about extraterrestrial life, but to this day, NASA still claims, "they do not investigate UFOs."

Hmmm well maybe we are asking the wrong question. They say they don't INVESTIGATE UFO's. Why would they need to do that if they know who and what they are? So they would not be lying if they say they don't investigate them.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by zorgon]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
One or two posters have queried why the usage of the image of the Grey?

All of the unofficial patches have been created after this sterotypical image of an alien had been established - this, therefore, adds both to the mystique and the 'joke.'

What is intriguing though, is the usage (almost to heraldry standards) of the symbols. The golden q that appears in many patches is, according to Trevor Paglen, the Greek Sigma symbol or, in engineering terms, the RCS or radar cross section - for stealth testing.

I'm sure that many contain a double meaning and this, I think, is why we are interested.... is it a joke or real meaning?

Peace!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O.

maybe schmit's patches refer to the people who built the stonehenge living on the moon! first impressions are pretty accurate.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by bluewaterservant]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Nice find.
Star and flag!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave
I'm sure that many contain a double meaning and this, I think, is why we are interested.... is it a joke or real meaning?

Hidden meanings and inside jokes to be sure...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Agree! The patch for the 'Bird of Prey' actually showed the shape of the plane in the handle of the sword.....

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwiggen

I must say, a lot of these patches seem like they would fall into the same category. Not to say that some of them don't have any meaning. But that one that says MYOFB? I mean come on... that would never be approved.

TACELECWARON
I have a patch that says this. HRMM, what could that be? Is it something EVIL that says Aliens are among us. No its a unit patch that means Tactical Electrical Warfare Squadron.

Also, During Operation Sea Dragon in the 90's. Probably not the one you think of, as they like to recycle Operational Labels. They had a big Dragon on the patch. Does that mean the Marines believe in Sea Dragons?

I agree with earlier posters. The OP is looking WAY to deep into this. Everyone has already said it better then I could. It is symbolic, but not of Aliens, but of Culture!

The Aliens are Greys, because well at the time the patch was made, that is what everyone identified with as what an alien would look like.
Its a mysterious symbology, kinda like the mysterious nature of their mission...Stealth!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Those strange cluster of stars are just Orion's Constellation. The three stars inside it are Orion's belt. It's probably one of the most seen and recognized of constellations out there. Nothing weird about it. I honestly don't believe the badges have anything to do with aliens. They only put them on there as a joke because everyone assumes there are aliens involved in the projects or specific areas such as area 51.

I used to be all for aliens when I was younger, but after 30 years of reading I tend to lean more towards advanced secret air craft being mistaken for ufo's. The government loves the talk of ufo's because it keeps us away from the truth. I once read in Popular Mechanics that we are usually somewhere around 50 years ahead of where we, the public, think we are. They keep a lot of it secret so as to save it for wars. Much like they did in the gulf war.

Some great pics there that you brought up. Thank you so much for doing that. That was very interesting stuff. Keep up the good work!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver

Originally posted by dwiggen

I must say, a lot of these patches seem like they would fall into the same category. Not to say that some of them don't have any meaning. But that one that says MYOFB? I mean come on... that would never be approved.

TACELECWARON
I have a patch that says this. HRMM, what could that be? Is it something EVIL that says Aliens are among us. No its a unit patch that means Tactical Electrical Warfare Squadron.

Doesn't HRM refer to Her Majesty's Royal Marines or something like that? Just a thought.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bluewaterservant

Re Schmitt's designs - there were more.... please see link. Not all suggested extraterrestrial activity - unless others also include Greek gods?

www.genedorr.com...

peace!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d99f39f38fad.jpg[/atsimg]

Some have identified the five clustered stars and one separate star as a veiled reference to Area 51, where the government tests advanced aircraft and, UFO buffs say, captured alien spacecraft. But what the three white dots signify is not known. Bears a smacking resemblance to those ubiquitous ‘ice/dust particles’ in many STS vids!

Or, you know, the constellation Orion...

That's orion for sure, it even shows the nebula, cant believe the OP missed that,,, DUH.
And the three stars in a line in orion are the only three stars that we see from earth that make that formation.

[edit on 07/06/2008 by orby1976]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Great find.

If these are jokes, they are probably saying the jokes on you.

They know that they can put these things on patches and it will just be explained away.

The evidence is everywhere but they know that many people have a primitive view of the universe and no matter how much information is out there it will just be explained away.

This is why when people say that these U.F.O.'s are hiding from us I don't think so. There's alot of pictures, videos and more. There's no need for these beings to hide because they probably know that the "learned" amongst us will call them weather balloons or flares.

They don't need a force field to shield them from the American public, they have the skeptics and debunkers.

That first patch looks like an ET with a stealth bomber.

This website said this:

The 509th Bomb Wing of Roswell reknown first became famous for
dropping the atomic bomb on Japan as ordered by Harry Truman. The
509th was also stationed at Pease AFB, NH in the mid-60s while the
nearby famous Exeter, NH case was going on. The UFOs seem to follow
the 509th Bomber Wing quite closely as if keeping track of something...
What that something is we will be exploring in our "Aliens, UFOs and
the Military... Connections, Interactions, and Agencies section of
Eyepod.Org.

This is an interesting quote from Truman.

The words of President Harry Truman, [creator of the CIA] examined
today with all we know about the truth behind the UFO cover-up are
even more poignant than when they were first spoken...

"The only thing new in the world is the history you don't know" -Harry Truman

www.eyepod.org...

Interesting.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

This is "The Wraith" from Insane Clown Posse's album of the same name.
I think that most, if not all, of these patches are for novelty purposes, like the google ad at the top of the thread.

Link to Wraith Album Cover

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spydunson

Think that's been established by the previous two postings in this ralativel;y short thread - this includes a discussio on the 6th finger which could possibly be a poor graphic representation of a lifeline.... Does anyone bother to read anymore?

peace ! Sort of.....

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

these patches are cool

anyway i have a orion birth mark! =)

random fact

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join