It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Featured On Air Force Insignias. Strange NASA And Black Projects Patches!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
The first patch, reading Gustatus Similis Pullus translates to, "Tastes Like Chicken" (Notice the fork and knife). The alien insignia may be a reference to the fact the 509th was once stationed in Roswell, New Mexico. Dennis Balzathar contacted the Air Force and found this is not an official patch. 509th Bomb Wing Insignia

Just because it says, 'Tastes like chicken' does it translate into an Olympic leap of logic, as you find it amusing? Never mind! I found it amusing too, until....

While researching (The 509th Bomb Wing's history), I came across a curious thing, a Classified Flight Test shoulder patch from the 509th Bomb Group, with an alien pictured on it, along with the strange phrase in Latin, "Gustatus Similis Pullus" which translates into "Tastes like Chicken”

Hmmm?

From: The 509th Bomb Wing's History - From Flying Disks To Flying Wings

By Jim Hickman
Director-Aerial Phenomena Research Group

CUFOS

So what's a joke doing in an official history of the unit? As you must be aware, a Unit's history is a serious matter!

The Tencap patch may just be an in-joke referencing the almost sci-fi nature of AF Tencap's work. (The Latin translates to "Let them hate us as long as they fear us.")

May be a joke? Not sure? Well, it May not be! On the Livingmoon web page where the Tencap patch has been shown, it says:

All images and Text on this page are courtesy of the USAF, Space Command and related agencies mentioned on this page.

Are you implying that the USAF, Space Command etc is a big joke? High time they get down to serious business instead of joking around and wasting tax payers money!

The five-stars with the three clustered stars on the STS-126 patch is very easy to explain Orion[/url].

You haven't explained, why Orion in particular? And why some of the patches have the SAME 5 + 1 config of stars? Why not 3, 4, 8, 10? Does the '5 + 1' imply Area 51?

The Desert Prowler patch, both the entity (called the Wraith) and the six stars are a reference to an Insane Clown Posse album, of all things.

Agreed! But has it struck you why the 5 + 1 star config is shown in many patches? And the significance of IX and XI? You seem to be just reproducing what's opined in some articles without applying you mind!!

Cheers!

[edit on 23-5-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Another Black Budget project patch, this one belongs to the Special Projects Office, Groom Lake, Nevada (Area 51). Note the ‘9/11’ written in Roman letters and the ubiquitous cluster of 5 + 1 Stars again, as seen in the previous patch! And who’s the ‘apparition’ or ‘alien’ in the middle with the horns with what looks like six fingers?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a6cde6aa62b.jpg[/atsimg]

I know, kind of off topic. But it just made me giggle.

Also, I agree with someone else here, think you're thinking a bit way too much into this.

Cheers

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Having been in the Air Force, I can tell you that members of the unit get to design their own patches. Either the unit commander picks the best one or the unit members vote on the one they like best.

Air Force Space Command patches incorporate the logo of Star Trek in them. Does that mean the Star Trek universe is real? No, it was adopted because a top flag officer was a fan of the series and liked the design.

Just because there are aliens means the designer is interested in the subject. Besides, those patches do look cool.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
As mentioned above, the air force didn't like 'Classified Flight Test' so it was changed to 'To serve Man'

Wikopedia entry states;

“To Serve Man” is an episode of the television series The Twilight Zone.

The story is based on a short story To Serve Man written by Damon Knight. The title is a play on the word serve having the dual meanings "assist" and "provide as a meal".

The clot thickens.....

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wellmet :-)
The Trident/fork (3 teeth) is a symbol for Neptune, the planet of mystery or the unknown. Technically it could be seen as a symbol of occult (hidden) knowledge.

Besies being fork and knife they reminded me as weapons.

I think IMO that they have double meanings.

They all include some inside joke type of stuff but they also refer through symbolism hinting at other things. They probably have to go through many drafts before they get the perfect balance of both so it is cool and it tells actually what they do.

The only problem, is unless you are a person wearing that patch , you probably have no clue what the real meanings are.

What did everyone think about the 3 snakes covering the world. = Hinting at reptilians ruling the world?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
okay now, the 4th patch down looks just like an ICP joker card. I don't know about this. I guess some USAF are "juggalos"?

That makes me feel safe, to know we are protected by immature clown face paint wearing, douche bags who only hang out with other guys because no women go to the shows.

So we are protected by the evil circus ?

ICP is cool if you are like 16-17......then grown up

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The five-stars with the three clustered stars on the STS-126 patch is very easy to explain Orion[/url].

You haven't explained, why Orion in particular?

Could be alluding to the new shuttle??

Or could be some other reason we're not quite savoy on. NASA just seems to like it.

edit for pic- -[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f5fed600c1e.jpg[/atsimg]
[edit on 23-5-2009 by W3RLIED2]

[edit on 23-5-2009 by W3RLIED2]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

So what's a joke doing in an official history of the unit? As you must be aware, a Unit's history is a serious matter!

Yes a units history is a serious matter, but the jokes that come out of that history are serious business for the people in that unit. Im in a unit that traces its history all the way back to the volunteer pilots who flew in China to fight the Japanese in WWII, and then again flying in Vietnam (ya know We Were Soldiers? That was us). My point is this: one of our joke patches is an 8 ball, based on somethings that were said while we were in Bosnia, and also based on our unit designator. Well what started out as a joke, quickly became an important part of our heritage, and is seen all over our area of operation.

I must say, a lot of these patches seem like they would fall into the same category. Not to say that some of them don't have any meaning. But that one that says MYOFB? I mean come on... that would never be approved.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

Having been in the Air Force, I can tell you that members of the unit get to design their own patches. Either the unit commander picks the best one or the unit members vote on the one they like best.

Air Force Space Command patches incorporate the logo of Star Trek in them. Does that mean the Star Trek universe is real? No, it was adopted because a top flag officer was a fan of the series and liked the design.

Just because there are aliens means the designer is interested in the subject. Besides, those patches do look cool.

Exactly what the above poster said. As long as it's approved by the commander it get's printed and worn by the unit.

We had a patch board dating back to the 60's maybe 50's (can't remember exactly) and many of them back in those days were just crazy. We ended up having to pull some patches down due to not being politically correct.

For example there was one that said "Maximum Thrust" and had a T-38 flying up the skirt of a lady.

There were many different ones with aliens on them signifiny high altitude aircraft. Because some of them were classified they couldn't just place the plane on the patch so some would use an alien or some type of constellation. Others would use animals or insidiously reference some band.

A good majority of patches are made up at the inception of the unit so if down the road they were dealing with say real life aliens it would just be coincidence number one. Number two they would change the patch if that was actually the case. They would probably switch the patch to a loony toons character because if they ever claimed it they would be considered loony toons by most everyone.

Edit: I should add look for patches with phrases on them then take the first letter of each phrase some you may be able to decipher others are not as easy but that is one way some things are placed in patches and get approved and most never realize there is a hidden message nothing serious about the message but makes a statement usually something that would not be approved for the patch otherwise.

One I recall said Freedom Loyalty Trust
F-L-T
It was an all male class who came up with the patch had it approved and the second letter stood for love.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Another Black Budget project patch, this one belongs to the Special Projects Office, Groom Lake, Nevada (Area 51). Note the ‘9/11’ written in Roman letters and the ubiquitous cluster of 5 + 1 Stars again, as seen in the previous patch! And who’s the ‘apparition’ or ‘alien’ in the middle with the horns with what looks like six fingers?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a6cde6aa62b.jpg[/atsimg]

I know, kind of off topic. But it just made me giggle.

Also, I agree with someone else here, think you're thinking a bit way too much into this.

Cheers

It's not six fingers just poor artwork, what your seeing as a sixth finger is actually, life lines, on the palm or whatever palm readers use. It's clearer when you look at the ICP image provided by Gorehound Larry.

The three stars in a line on the other patches, would be orions belt no?

I also thing your looking way too much into this. just cool pictures of aliens and ET's on patches of people who are going into space, maybe they're hoping, like us, to meet some of them?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwiggen
I must say, a lot of these patches seem like they would fall into the same category. Not to say that some of them don't have any meaning. But that one that says MYOFB? I mean come on... that would never be approved.

Right! But probably MYOFB stands for something else that we don't know?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Sorry Mike, I usually think that your threads bare some relevance but I think that you are reaching on this one. Units compete to have the coolest patch and the sometimes push the envelope a little bit to do so like the MYOFB patch. I used to be attached to an air ambulance unit with this patch:

It doesn't mean that they pact with the reaper, they just wanted something that stands out and something that other soldiers would be envious of.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The 509th Bomb Wing's History - From Flying Disks To Flying wings. is NOT an official history. where do you get this from? It is a book about UFO's. It cannot be an Official history without approval from the AF.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Hi guys! Check this out….

Patches/insignias always have a meaning behind them and indicate what a unit/formation/organization is tasked for. Here are some of the more interesting ones that come from NASA and many secret Black Ops projects. What are the hidden meanings behind them? Let's find out!

Here’s an interesting patch with an ET/Alien on it that belongs to the US Air Force 509th Bomber Wing, the group that was stationed at Roswell in 1947! Why the ET? What’s the connection? Is there more than meets the eye here?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f3168546508.jpg[/atsimg]
Courtesy: Jerry Pippin

This is a reference to an episode of "The Twilight Zone" called "To Serve Man" The plot of the episode is that aliens visit earth, promise utopia and the twist is that they're actually using us as a food source. That's why it's got a fork and knife next to the alien and "Tastes like chicken" underneath it.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Funshinez]

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Funshinez]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Something is scratching my mind about the sentence "Taste like chicken", do you guys know what do taste like chicken?

I just hope those patch are really some joke cause if they are referencing to a certain kind of flesh that I'm thinking of, I would prefer kill myself right know!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It took 2 seconds on Google to get the low-down on the STS-126 patch from the artists who designed it. I guess Mike's Google subscription ran out.

The STS-126 patch represents Space Shuttle Endeavour on its mission to help complete the assembly of the International Space Station (ISS). The inner patch outline depicts the Multi-Purpose Logistics Module (MPLM) Leonardo. This reusable logistics module will carry the equipment necessary to sustain a crew of six on board the ISS and will include additional crew quarters, exercise equipment, galley, and life support equipment. In addition, a single expedition crew member will launch on STS-126 to remain on board ISS, replacing an expedition crew member who will return home with the shuttle crew. Near the center of the patch, the constellation Orion reflects the goals of the human spaceflight program, returning us to the Moon and on to Mars, the red planet, which are also shown. At the top of the patch is the gold symbol of the astronaut office. The sunburst, just clearing the horizon of the magnificent Earth, powers all these efforts through the solar arrays of the ISS current configuration orbiting high above.

www.collectspace.com...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Funshinez

Actually the other version of this patch references 'To Serve Man' which is the approved version.

Peace!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
That 1st patch there has an Alien holding the Stealth Bomber. Interesting.

Kinda like he gave, or handed us, that technology.

There's no doubt that patch is saying, "Look at what the Aliens have given us," or something there about.

I think logos are a HUGE avenue of relating things that cannot be said. While some do say, "It's just a patch or logo," no, it's not just a logo --it means something and it ALWAYS has meant something.

Great post!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Below is a program patch of the NRO (National Reconnaissance Office). The Latin inscription translates as "Never before, never again.”

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8c2f6cab1d8.jpg[/atsimg]

An important directive/task of this department/organization under the Intelligence Branch of the secret Shadow Government is…

Or, that could relate to the Reptillian Gov' theory.
Never before, with Reptillians control us, and never again.

And the tounges have gotta mean something...
They appear to be pointing to specific locations.
We've got the Gulf Of Mexico, not sure about the other too.
The one in the middle might be Hannah Bay, or i think its a little bit lower.

And whats with the stars?
There's 5 on one side, and 6 on the other.

Or we're just reading wayyyyy to far into this.
Probably.

Love&Light.

Jacob

[edit on 23/5/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Here is Trevor Paglen's explanation;

NRO "SNAKES" PATCH

On page 130 in the book, there's a patch with three snakes circling the world with the latin words "Nunquam Ante Numquam Iterum," translated "Never Before, Never Again." I wrote that the patch is entirely obscure to me (i.e. I don't know what it's for other than it's an NRO payload). A reader who wishes to remain anonymous has some interesting theories:

The tails of the three snakes curve around the Earth in the paths of three orbits used by Satellite Data System (SDS) relay satellites. The three stars at the top suggest that it is the third such satellite. USA-162 is believed to be the third satellite of the current (third) SDS constellation (sometimes known as Quasar), and was launched by an Atlas IIAS rocket on 11 October 2001. USA-162 is located in a geosynchronous orbit. The tail of the centre snake follows an equatorial path, similar to a geosynchronous orbit, and this snake has some form of crest, which makes it stand out from the other two. The eight white stars down the side have also appeared on the recent launch patch for NRO L-24, which is believed to be an NRO satellite in a Molniya orbit.

And the latin phrase about "never before, never again"?

SDS-3 satellites are rumoured to carry a system codenamed HERITAGE or RADIANT AGATE for the detection of ballistic missiles, although this has never been confirmed. Maybe it is some kind of reference to this, and how it could be potentially used in the prevention of nuclear war. I don’t really know for sure.

Peace!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join