It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Featured On Air Force Insignias. Strange NASA And Black Projects Patches!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hi guys! Check this out….

Patches/insignias always have a meaning behind them and indicate what a unit/formation/organization is tasked for. Here are some of the more interesting ones that come from NASA and many secret Black Ops projects. What are the hidden meanings behind them? Let's find out!

Here’s an interesting patch with an ET/Alien on it that belongs to the US Air Force 509th Bomber Wing, the group that was stationed at Roswell in 1947! Why the ET? What’s the connection? Is there more than meets the eye here?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f3168546508.jpg[/atsimg]
Courtesy: Jerry Pippin

Here’s another one. This patch belongs to TENCAP. In 1977 Congress directed the establishment of Air Force TENCAP with three primary missions: Exploiting space systems for tactical applications through rapid prototyping projects; Influencing the design of future space systems for tactical applications; and Educating warfighters about the capabilities and tactical utility of space systems.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d33907ee37e.jpg[/atsimg]
From the livingmoon

Again, why the alien on the patch?

This patch is of STS-126. Check out the five stars on the right of the shuttle and a red one at the top right. Also notice three white dots in the center of the star config:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d99f39f38fad.jpg[/atsimg]

Some have identified the five clustered stars and one separate star as a veiled reference to Area 51, where the government tests advanced aircraft and, UFO buffs say, captured alien spacecraft. But what the three white dots signify is not known. Bears a smacking resemblance to those ubiquitous ‘ice/dust particles’ in many STS vids!

Another Black Budget project patch, this one belongs to the Special Projects Office, Groom Lake, Nevada (Area 51). Note the ‘9/11’ written in Roman letters and the ubiquitous cluster of 5 + 1 Stars again, as seen in the previous patch! And who’s the ‘apparition’ or ‘alien’ in the middle with the horns with what looks like six fingers?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a6cde6aa62b.jpg[/atsimg]

The Apollo 17 flight to Taurus Littrow official insignia was not the first (or even the second) submitted graphic for NASA's approval. Apollo 17, Jack Shmidtt, submitted two previous patch designs which were rejected by NASA because they may have contained suggestive graphics which NASA was not prepared to release.

Here are the two patches designed by astronaut Jack Schmitt that were rejected by NASA which clearly show anomalous structures resembling Stonehenge. What was the significance of these patches? Did they depict existing man made or alien structures on the Moon? Was this why it was rejected by NASA?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bf6aa95c650.jpg[/atsimg]

If theories are correct about the first two patches representing intelligent structures on the moon, it leads us to believe that more astronauts than previously thought not only know about extraterrestrial life, but want this information to be released.

Many former astronauts, such as Edgar Mitchell, had came forward or spoken about extraterrestrial life, but to this day, NASA still claims, "they do not investigate UFOs."

Below is a program patch of the NRO (National Reconnaissance Office). The Latin inscription translates as "Never before, never again.”

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8c2f6cab1d8.jpg[/atsimg]

An important directive/task of this department/organization under the Intelligence Branch of the secret Shadow Government is…

National Reconnaissance Office(NRO).
Controls and collects information from global spy satellites, monitors UFO traffic entering and leaving Earth's atmosphere, coordinates firing of energy beam weapons from orbiting Star Wars satellites at selected human ground and airborne targets and selectively at extra-terrestrial craft.
Loc: Pentagon basement and Dulles Airport area, VA.

From The United States' Secret Shadow Government, A Structural Analysis

Do these red snakes' tongues depict energy beam weapons directed at ground/airborne and selective ET craft as mentioned?

Here’s one from another secret Black Ops project. Note the alien’s head with the two red colored eyes at the center of the patch. And it says, ‘behind the green door’!! Note the area marked in red on the map which corresponds to Dulce, New Mexico, the alleged secret underground base who some whistle blowers insist contain those little green men!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/518f45842fa8.jpg[/atsimg]

And one that arrogantly says, Don’t Ask! NOYFB (None Of Your F****** Business!) This patch is from the 22nd Military Airlift Squadron, which flies the C-5’ Galaxy to deliver classified craft. In other words, don’t ask questions! But what’s the waning Moon in the patch got to do with all this? Is there a connection?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7bc64117ebf2.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers!

Edit To Add: The ideas expressed by the OP are purely for discussion purposes only. In no way does it prove/disprove the origin/use and authenticity of these patches except the draft patch produced by astronaut Jack Schmitt submitted to NASA for approval. If there is evidence that these patches are indeed being worn (only) during interaction between personnel of various Black Ops projects for iden purposes, it would be welcome.

www.thelivingmoon.com...
www.theufochronicles.com...
www.unexplainable.net...
www.cabinetmagazine.org...
blogs.discovermagazine.com...
www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 23-5-2009 by mikesingh]

[edit on 24-5-2009 by mikesingh]

+33 more 
posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Some have identified the five clustered stars and one separate star as a veiled reference to Area 51, where the government tests advanced aircraft and, UFO buffs say, captured alien spacecraft. But what the three white dots signify is not known. Bears a smacking resemblance to those ubiquitous ‘ice/dust particles’ in many STS vids!

Or, you know, the constellation Orion...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The first one roughly translates 'Tastes Like Chicken' - note the knife and fork!

Have provided a link below to Trevor Paglen's site which shows his book 'I could tell you.....

www.paglen.com...

Peace!

+11 more 
posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think you are reading way, way too far in to this, making Olympic-class leaps of logic.

Many of these seem like in-jokes (in particular the 22nd Military Airlift Squadron patch). For example, the first patch, reading Gustatus Similis Pullus translates to, "Tastes Like Chicken" (Notice the fork and knife). The alien insignia may be a reference to the fact the 509th was once stationed in Roswell, New Mexico. Dennis Balzathar contacted the Air Force and found this is not an official patch. 509th Bomb Wing Insignia

The Tencap patch may just be an in-joke referencing the almost sci-fi nature of AF Tencap's work. (The Latin translates to "Let them hate us as long as they fear us.")

The five-stars with the three clustered stars on the STS-126 patch is very easy to explain. It's Orion.

The Desert Prowler patch, both the entity (called the Wraith) and the six stars are a reference to an Insane Clown Posse album, of all things.

It seems there is an entire book on the subject of patches and insignias of the Black Ops worlds. I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have To Be Destroyed By Me

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I remember when I talked to a guy in my class about the patches (he was in the USAF) he said they were more of a "joke" or cool looking insignia. As far as I know though they don't use the patches with the Greys face on there anymore because people were thinking it meant they actually did know about aliens.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Is it a knife or is it the men in black memory wipe pen?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
granted many of these patches do look like in-jokes, esp the wraith and anything with a grey, schmidts (sp?) apollo 17 patches dont look like they entertained any of the big nasa mucky-mucks. anybody got any ideas how stonehenge on the moon would make a salty crew of spacemen chuckle? doesn't fit the same M.O. of the rest of the so-called "jokes"

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Every time I see those little grey faces I fall deeper in love with these tasty aliens. No just kidding

The first badge I feel is the most interesting, if indeed it dates back to 1947. The whole Grey thing as it exists now did not exist back them (well maybe some were in the know....).

Why depict aliens at all? I mean the people assigned to certain projects know what it is about and do they need to be reminded by their batches? Or is it to communicate their roles to others who know the significance of the batches but are not involved?

I bet you if one was to ask NASA they would answer that it is just fun between people working together, or another silly kind of answer.

Ok, so something is up but we still don't know what. And if indeed they look like the ones on the Turkish still frame, I don't want to know
There is ugly and then there is that.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Note the area marked in red on the map which corresponds to Dulce, New Mexico, the alleged secret underground base who some whistle blowers insist contain those little green men!

It also corresponds to a lot of places, Mikesingh. Trinity and Roswell, New Mexico, the Rio Grand, parts of California, Mexico, Texas, and so forth. That area marked red is awfully big.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hi,

Have just checked on the first patch with the alien. In Trevor's book there are two versions shown - the one you have shown had to be changed as the USAF didn't want 'Classified Flight' on the badge - instead they replace it with 'To Serve Man' This from the "Twighlight Zone".

The actual badge refers to the B-2 Stealth Bomber which is shown on the patch.

Peace!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by mikesingh

I remember when I talked to a guy in my class about the patches (he was in the USAF) he said they were more of a "joke" or cool looking insignia. As far as I know though they don't use the patches with the Greys face on there anymore because people were thinking it meant they actually did know about aliens.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This has been discussed here many times. If you do a search on military patches you will see lots of threads.

They are jokes, per say. They are like trading cards. Squadrons will make up the patches on their own and trade them around. These are not official patches and are never worn on uniforms.

I have given this example here before, but up in Alaska there was a patch that was floating around - and it had a picture of a bare arse on it and said: freezing our arses off so you dont have to (in so many words).

Wanted to add this also goes for the military coins that are handed out. You have the official military coins then you have the ones made up to trade with others.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 5/23/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Yea one would think the USAF would not make their dealings with ETs public! But they are interesting to look at none the less.

[edit on 5/23/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The Trident/fork (3 teeth) is a symbol for Neptune, the planet of mystery or the unknown. Technically it could be seen as a symbol of occult (hidden) knowledge.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

Or, you know, the constellation Orion...

With Betelgeuse (the star) in nice red. Every astronomy geek got that one in under .2 seconds, I think.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Believe there are two types of patch - Official and Joke. Official patches have to be approved - link to Air Force Historical Research Agency below

www.afhra.af.mil...

Approval gives some indication of which are 'Official' and which aren't. However, it should be noted that even unofficial patches are subject to some sort of approval - see my earlier post.

Point 4 of the Base Level Requirements from AFHRA states;
Ensure that the design:
1. Contains the colors Air Force yellow and ultramarine blue.
2. Is limited to six colors within the disc or shield(including black and white).
3. Is dignified and in good taste.
4. Contains elements that are either vertical, horizontal, crossed, or face to the right (emblem left).
5. Contains no more than three elements (see Glossary for definition of an element). Does not contain very small, detailed art work that will be rendered unrecognizable in reductions to patch size. The most effective patch designs are simple and bold with high color contrasts.
6. Is symbolic of history, accomplishments, and mission.
7. Has no specific types of aircraft, missiles, or other equipment.
8. Has no symbols of a morbid character, games of chance, caricatures, or cartoon-type characters.
9. Has no maps or outlines of specific geographic landmarks.
10. Has no numbers or letters within the design area.
11. Does not duplicate any known, existing emblems.

Pilot friend in the Luftwafe (Tornados) said they were allowed to wear the joke ones e.g. 'Bavarian Air Force' in the mess and on Fridays.

Peace!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
I think you are reading way, way too far in to this, making Olympic-class leaps of logic.

Many of these seem like in-jokes (in particular the 22nd Military Airlift Squadron patch). For example, the first patch, reading Gustatus Similis Pullus translates to, "Tastes Like Chicken" (Notice the fork and knife). The alien insignia may be a reference to the fact the 509th was once stationed in Roswell, New Mexico. Dennis Balzathar contacted the Air Force and found this is not an official patch. 509th Bomb Wing Insignia

I would tend to go along with the "several of those aren't official patches." For one thing, they're badly designed according to military standards (if not outright wrong.) I can see them being made up as joke patches to be passed around buddies but I don't see them being produced for official wear.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
okay now, the 4th patch down looks just like an ICP joker card. I don't know about this. I guess some USAF are "juggalos"?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave

Approval gives some indication of which are 'Official' and which aren't. However, it should be noted that even unofficial patches are subject to some sort of approval.

Spot on! Now we must distinguish between the official and the ones that are meant to be 'jokes'. The latter are allowed to be painted below aircraft cockpits, missiles, bombs, helmets etc with or without approval. However, the official ones are cloth patches, which most of these are, to be worn on uniforms.

No, this is not the fantasy world of a 12-year-old boy.

It is, according to a new book, part of the hidden reality behind the Pentagon’s classified, or “black,” budget that delivers billions of dollars to stealthy armies of high-tech warriors. The book offers a glimpse of this dark world through a revealing lens — patches — the kind worn on military uniforms.

Military officials and experts said the patches are real if often unofficial efforts at building team spirit.

Cheers!

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
With Betelgeuse (the star) in nice red. Every astronomy geek got that one in under .2 seconds, I think.

Betelgeuse is the top left star of the Orion constellation. It does have a similarity though. I believe it could also be Aldebaran, and the placement would fit. I also think NASA sent the Pioneer satellite to that star.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
ya they just HAPPEN to make a joke about Greys and pseudo reptilian aliens

Sure....

why wasnt it hippo-aliens or insect aliens?

maybe because they saw what the real aliens look like first? then they could make sure the patches depicted the real deal, rather than painting fake aliens like the GAZILLION possibilities that exist!

sorry its far too coincidental, i think they know something

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join