It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange daytime footage taken in British Columbia [video]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Looks like a military drone of some sort to me. Nothing about it seems to indicate an alien craft to me.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by valefc
reply to post by beautyfrompain

No I dont think this is an Ufo
I dont have any idea what it is
but im sure this is not an ufo

Lol, can I quote you on that?

If you don't have any idea what it is, that makes it "unidentified", right?

It is flying, right?

It is an object, in the sense that it has mass, right?

Which makes it an Unidentified Flying Object.... which you're sure that it isn't.

You just discredited your whole line of reasoning.

I was first sceptic to the balloon theory, (not to talk about the flying turtle theory), but after checking out a few online videos on remote controlled airships, it seems you can put up a small air-filled object in the air and fly it around silently:

So you might just be tempted to go for your ten minutes of fame with a staged UFO film on Youtube. Which makes things more complicated for UFO research, since silently hovering or gliding objects in the sky so far was a serious indication of something extraordinary.
Nevertheless, I see nothing in the vid that convincingly indicate a hoax, and I believe that those of you that profess a 100% certainty of either hoax or no hoax has a mindset-problem to deal with.

The German video has orbs in it, another unidentified phenomenon that has been documented and filmed worldwide, which lends authenticity to it.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hi guys, it is my first post on ATS although i have been visiting this site for years.
While looking at ATS videos and pics i stumbled upon this pic media.abovetopsecret.com... I think it has an uncanny similarity to the object in the video.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Thank you.
Turtle. And for those who go "what" then think: Turtle - Head down, tail up.
Sorry.
Please look at the context people... look at their OTHER videos on YouTube.
Good Grief. It's called research and it takes about a minute.
LOL.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyfrompain
I was watching it trying to see if they can zoom in on the object. Around 1:00 minute I think one of the guys says "it's green" but further into the video it looks gold or bronze.

Right at 1:42 it looks like a flying pigs head
and I also find their reactions humerous.

Anyone want to take a guess?

lol the dudes that are filming sound like a buncha pot heads nothign wrong with potheads though. cool video though it does look so freaking weird at 1:42.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by jouseroni]

[edit on 9-6-2009 by jouseroni]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Here is another crop from one of the clearest frames in the video. Pretty strange!

[edit on Sat May 23rd 2009 by TrueAmerican]

wow! that is so bizzare. the thing hanging down reminds me of a camera or something. also it has what appear to be 2 wings but i mean like wings from a airplane not bird wings.. it really does remind me of boba fetts ship like they say in the vid.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
This video has made the rounds here a few times. It's a sea turtle balloon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it doesn't really look like that at all to me. that thing is tiny this thing appears to be pretty big... or atleast way way bigger than thing. i guess its possible they got a "custom built balloon" or something. but i'd imagine that would pricey why waste money on something you're just going to release and never get back?

also it may be some kinda thing that is designed like a turtle that someone built that they are controlling with a remote control, but i defintely don't think its a balloon.

also theres something weird about this video the way its presented.. i think it could be viral like ad for something? although i think this video came out last year and i haven't heard of anything else having to do with it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
sorry never mind. please delete post... or is there a way i can delete them?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
this one is amazing

thats neat... where can i find more info about this?

i cant tell if this is fake or not around the 4:45 mark or so i can see something hanging down taht appears to be to string...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by viperdave
ok i know, its japanese..........its called "gamara" its the flying turtle in all those japanese godzilla movies!!!LOL

but seriously, it looks very strange, its flying way too fast to be a baloon and i dont see another aircrft towing it

very wierd

be safe people

lol thats great. i love the old godzilla movies.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by askbaby
Thank you.
Turtle. And for those who go "what" then think: Turtle - Head down, tail up.
Sorry.
Please look at the context people... look at their OTHER videos on YouTube.
Good Grief. It's called research and it takes about a minute.
LOL.

Sorry, still se no turtle.

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, perhaps turtles are too.

Looks more like a bagpipe to me, without the drones.

Do I think it's a flying bagpipe? No.

I did take a look at "their" other productions, not all of them but quite a few (I suppose you refer to INDIKAZ Productions), I see where you're going with that one.

A young free-thinking, alternative-movement, anti-authority oriented person (Stammberger), there are skateboards, surfboards, drugs of various kinds and conspiracy theories (he could very well be right about the chemtrails...). I also see intelligence, reflection and awareness.

In short, he would fit in nicely at ATS.

You're meaning that since he's not a Police Officer, Priest or another type of 'credible' citizen that bases his worldview on what's shown at FOX news, that makes the UFO less credible?

I tell you what, I approached his vids observing conduct, not values.

I checked all his documentaries to see if there was any type of trick-filming, special effects, hoax, obvious distortion of the truth (as I know it) or anything in that sense that indicated 'dishonesty' in approach - and found nothing.

I may not agree with everything he says and does, but I hold him as a credible person, until proven otherwise.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
FAKE!

It passes inside the distant mast stay of the boat. I'll post the time mark in a sec.

Disappointing, as I first thought it was a drone. Prob a viral campaign for "District 9"

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I believe this is not a balloon. The way it just glides through the air with no buffeting or any movement at all from the wind pushing it. I don't know about you but I've never seen anything get blown around by the wind with out it being an erratic movement, at least not for the duration of this particular objects flight.

What ever this is it seems to me to be stable in flight and I don't think a turtle balloon has the dimensions to maintain flight stability. Even though wind conditions can differ greatly depending on your height I don't think that that presents enough of an explanation as to what we are seeing on the vid.

The reactions are very real sounding IMO (thats what id be saying) hearing the other group as well kinda solidifies it. The guy with the binoculars should have made an I.D. imo unless he didn't truly know what it was. Though speaking of binoculars i can understand having a camera around while drinking on a boat but having some bino's close by is a pretty handy thing to have happen while seeing a UFO. Maybe its a BC thing as Im only used to boating on lakes and rivers.

I also see the turtle that everyone keeps talking about i just am not sold on that idea right yet.

Cool vid very funny to listen to (the first time that is a lot of WTF's
)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by serpentine
FAKE!

It passes inside the distant mast stay of the boat. I'll post the time mark in a sec.

Disappointing, as I first thought it was a drone. Prob a viral campaign for "District 9"

Sharp eye you got, Serp. It indeed looks like it passes in front of mast.

See attached pic:

Unless the camera cant keep up with the speed vs the mast

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
You people have it all Wrong..

It was a Flying Mutant Ninja Turtle..

It was out looking to fight Evil..

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well all i can say is "what a really good thread" I read every post and thought o.k. it does kinda look like a turtle but then it doesn't look like turtle.I don't have any idea what it is ,but it is cool looking none the less..

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It's the Premier of British Columbia after having smoked a little of the province's number one export.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites

Originally posted by serpentine
FAKE!

Sharp eye you got, Serp. It indeed looks like it passes in front of mast.

See attached pic:

Unless the camera cant keep up with the speed vs the mast

Sadly that's an invalid argument with this video, and could be for any video. When the camera is zoomed in, any thin object from the foreground will become transparent, leaving it possible to see what's behind with quite a lot of focus retained.

I just placed a thin wire in front of my camera lens and made sure it was obscuring a clock on my wall. Sure enough, zooming in turns the wire into a wider but transparent mass, meaning the clock is perfectly visible behind it. Try it for yourself and you'll see it's natural.

This is definitely one of the better sighting videos, and as I work in film it's quite obvious there is nothing fake about it, apart from maybe the fact the object has been man-made and launched. But these guys definitely witnessed it first hand, as did numerous others who you can hear shouting through the video

[edit on 4-2-2010 by markymint]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
My thoughts on this thread and the original video:

1) Still images from the video don't really do it justice. From the stills it looks _possible_ that it is a turtle balloon/inflatable. However, from the video, it glides by with hardly any movement. I think someone should go buy one of these turtle inflatables, fill it with helium and let it go to see if it just glides across the air as smoothly as the thing in this video does.

2) The audio on the camera is also pretty decent, and doesn't really pick up any wind from what I can tell. I would imagine that even an inflatable turtle filled with helium or something would rise or fall in even minor wind, let alone sail by as smoothly as that one did on a linear path.

So, who is up for going out and buying an inflatable turtle

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hi all,

Seen this one months or perhaps a year ago and was kinda blown-away. I have no idea if it's staged?, but suggest it's a real video image.
Based on nothing more than the strangeness. Don't think many people are going to devise that vs a saucer shaped hoax? Great post, OP.

Decoy

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join