It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Passer-by pushes suicide jumper in south China

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Passer-by pushes suicide jumper in south China


my.earthlink.net

BEIJING - Chen Fuchao, a man heavily in debt, had been contemplating suicide on a bridge in southern China for hours when a passer-by came up, shook his hand - and pushed him off the ledge.

Chen fell 26 feet (8 meters) onto a partially inflated emergency air cushion laid out by authorities and survived, suffering spine and elbow injuries, the official Xinhua News Agency said Saturday.

The passer-by, 66-year-old Lai Jiansheng, had been fed up with what he called Chen's "selfish activity," Xinhua said. Traffic around the Haizhu bridge in the city of Guangzhou had been backed up for five
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Now there's a twist! Instead of telling the leaper that eveything will be fine and that life is to precious to throw away....

A bystander decides the proper approach is to make the ultimate decision for the would be suicider.

Seems to me the pusher had some peculiar issues of his own and the cops decided perhaps they should sort things out.

Attempted suicide is a cry for help but I don't think the jumper had that kind of help in mind.

my.earthlink.net
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I wonder if the passer knew the air cushion was down there? Is this attempted murder? Odd situation.



posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NateNute
 


I was thinking the same thing.

I know here in the states its better, to if your already on the edge of it, might as well, because if you do get down, welcome to a world of paperwork, and a nice long stay with the group from 12 Monkeys.


Hopefully the guys okay, although he does have spine injuries



posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Passer-by pushes suicide jumper in south China


my.earthlink.net

BEIJING - Chen Fuchao, a man heavily in debt, had been contemplating suicide on a bridge in southern China for hours when a passer-by came up, shook his hand - and pushed him off the ledge.

Chen fell 26 feet (8 meters) onto a partially inflated emergency air cushion laid out by authorities and survived, suffering spine and elbow injuries, the official Xinhua News Agency said Saturday.

The passer-by, 66-year-old Lai Jiansheng, had been fed up with what he called Chen's "selfish activity," Xinhua said. Traffic around the Haizhu bridge in the city of Guangzhou had been backed up for five
(visit the link for the full news article)



Wow, talk about IRONY hey... besides the bleating obvious, he pushes somebody off a ledge and claims he is sick of "SELFISH" behaviour by these kinds of people. Meanwhile, this person does not die and instead sustains terrible injuries which will probably make him a vegetable for a while or indefinitely.

[edit on 23/5/2009 by Dark Ghost]



posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A friend of mine was obsessing about suicide once to me and after several hours I told him get up... we walked around back of my place. I grabbed some rope and a cinder block and told him to grab another... he asked what I was doing and I told him he wanted to kill himself so I was going to give him a hand... that we were going to go down to the bay and tie the rope to his feet and the blocks and he was going to jump in.

His eyes got real big and he started cussing me roundly and stormed off.

It worked.

A few weeks later he came up and apologized.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by grover]



posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08
 


very true, its sad that if you get involved in the mental health system you might as well kill yourself anyway because they're never going to let you be a human again...



posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
yhea that is a new twist


I wonder if that has put any perspective jumpers off? It's something that would never be known, but it's feasible to suggest that the pusher may of saved a couple of lives... I personally would of wanted to try and talk to the guy tho


How did a passer by get that close? The authority's were clearly on the scene they had set up an inflatable thing under him.



posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
A friend of mine was obsessing about suicide once to me and after several hours I told him get up... we walked around back of my place. I grabbed some rope and a cinder block and told him to grab another... he asked what I was doing and I told him he wanted to kill himself so I was going to give him a hand... that we were going to go down to the bay and tie the rope to his feet and the blocks and he was going to jump in.

His eyes got real big and he started cussing me roundly and stormed off.

It worked.

A few weeks later he came up and apologized.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by grover]


No offence, but this is terrible advice. You are much better off talking with them and asking why they are thinking of doing this. If they have considered the irreversible pain they will leave on those who enjoy their company. Maybe also talking about what a huge risk they are taking as they do not know what awaits them after dying. I'm sure your intentions were good, but that is certainly not the right thing to do. It can have a disastrous rebound effect where they feel another person has deemed them "useless" and believes it's the right thing to do.

P.S: In most cases attempted suicide is a BIG cry for help. People feel like they are alone and nobody cares about their existence.

[edit on 23/5/2009 by Dark Ghost]



posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Edit: Double Post.

[edit on 23/5/2009 by Dark Ghost]



posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost
 


Don't get me wrong I would not have let him... but I also knew that he wasn't suicidal, but was just feeling sorry for himself.

If I thought he was actually serious I would not have let him out of my sight and would have done my best to talk him through it.



posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
CNN is reporting this as well, in it's article it says it's unlear whether the man who pushed him is going to face charges...unclear? If he fought past the police and tried to kill the guy, how is that not a crime? Guess the chinese police are only rough on those they don't like...



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by Dark Ghost
 


Don't get me wrong I would not have let him... but I also knew that he wasn't suicidal, but was just feeling sorry for himself.

If I thought he was actually serious I would not have let him out of my sight and would have done my best to talk him through it.


Fair enough. Didn't mean to put you down or anything, just a very sensitive topic. Very glad to see that your intuition was correct in this case.

I have heard of true cases where a "rebound effect" has indeed happened, so always best to be certain.

[edit on 25/5/2009 by Dark Ghost]



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Why are there two threads having the exact same title? Which on was first?

Perhaps this one should be trashed even though I believe it is the original.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by whaaa]



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join