It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi files for 'killer' tracking chip patent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
www.thelocal.de...

A Saudi Arabian inventor has filed for a patent on a potentially lethal science fiction-style human tracking microchip, the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA) told The Local on Friday.

But the macabre innovation that enables remote killing will likely be denied copyright protection.

“While the application is still pending further paperwork on his part, the invention will probably be found to violate paragraph two of the German Patent Law – which does not allow inventions that transgress public order or good morals,” spokeswoman Stephanie Krüger told The Local from Munich.

The patent application – entitled “Implantation of electronic chips in the human body for the purposes of determining its geographical location” – was filed on October 30, 2007, but was only published until last week, or 18 months after submission as required by German law, she said.

“In recent times the number of people sought by security forces has increased,” the Jeddah-based inventor wrote in his summary.

The tiny electronic device, dubbed the “Killer Chip” by Swiss daily Tagesanzeiger, would be suited for tracking fugitives from justice, terrorists, illegal immigrants, criminals, political opponents, defectors, domestic help, and Saudi Arabians who don’t return home from pilgrimages.

“I apply for these reasons and for reasons of state security and the security of citizens,” the statement reads.

After subcutaneous implantation, the chip would send out encrypted radio waves that would be tracked by satellites to confirm the person’s identity and whereabouts. An alternate model chip could reportedly release a poison into the carrier if he or she became a security risk.

“Foreigners are allowed to apply for patents in Germany through a native representative, in this case it was a Munich law firm,” Krüger told The Local. “Most people apply for a patent in several countries, and this inventor probably did too.”

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If they approve copyright protection for this things I'm going to be royally pissed.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BetweenMyths

I think there was a thread about this last week .

I know the search function can be a hit or miss affair.

Search: "Killer chip"

[edit on 23-5-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
the words 'domestic help' were the most worrying in this article to me, it's really worrying how evil some people can be.

If someone implanted me with a killer chip then that person would die or whoever was the reason for it, simple as that - i'm not going to mess around, from that point on i would consider myself the walking dead, my only remaining task to wreak vengance. haha and i'm a pacifist, can't imagine how some of my more gungho breathrin would act...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Here is a video on this topic:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
"Domestic help" !!???!!
WTF?

new topics

top topics

join