It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Reopens Migration Talks With Cuba

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The last communication between Obama and Castro, when the US lifted the travel restrictions, was that it was Cuba's move next. Both Hilary and Obama said repeatedly that it was Castro's turn to offer an olive branch. And what happens when they don't? WE GIVE THEM MORE ANYWAY!!

This is not about whether or not you think the restrictions against Cuba are or are not justified. At least that's not my point. My point is, that when you tell a dictator that the ball is in his court now, you better leave it there. In my opinion, we, once again, have lost all credibility.

As an important side note, I've been watching the last 4 - 5 weeks or so and have noticed that all of the "bad" press (or at least controversial) gets distributed late Friday night or early Saturday morning. Then it is always followed by extremely happy news first thing that Monday morning. Watch for it -- see if you think it to be true.

[url=http://www.newser.com/story/59889/obama-reopens-migration-talks-with-cuba.html?utm_source=syn&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=hom]www.newser.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-5-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
We should open our arms wide with Cuba.
Lift all bans. Encourage travel and tourism.
Send them all our products. Flood the market with them.

The people of Cuba will dump the Castro brothers faster than you can blink an eye ... and Russia will be ticked off!

Buy their love with American stuff .. McDonalds and Hollywood!

IMHO

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well, of course, we need to include them in our one world government eventually anyway.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Viva la revolution?

Raul Castro is starting to liberalise large sections of the Cuban economy, especially agricultural.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
As a big fan of Hemingway, I've always wanted to visit Cuba and experience their unique brand of Hispanic culture. Especially the Buena Vista Social Club, fishing and cuisine.

Flyers Fan is correct; economic diplomacy makes more sense than a blockade.

top topics

join