It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roh Moo-hyun, Former South Korean President, Kills Himself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Roh Moo-hyun, Former South Korean President, Kills Himself

www.huffingtonpost.com

Former South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun, embroiled in a broadening corruption scandal, died Saturday after jumping from a mountain cliff behind his rural southern home. He left behind a suicide note, his lawyer said.

Roh, 62, had been hiking in the village of Bongha Saturday morning when he threw himself off the mountainside, lawyer Moon Jae-in told reporters.

He was rushed to Busan National University Hospital in the nearby port city of Busan around 8:15 a.m. (2315 GMT) and died around 9:30 a.m. (0030 GMT) from head injuries, hospital officials said.

The former president left a suicide note. "
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 23-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Any suicide is a tragedy. It is the rejection of life.

It also seems to be that most suicides (discounting the mentally or terminally ill) are rooted in matters concerning honor... and that is always how the orient always viewed it.

Mr. Roh Moo-hyun just left office last year...

I will not hazard a guess to the reasons but he was involved in a corruption scandal...

Ahh that Rob Blagojevich would take the hint and spare us the suffering that comes from his tackiness.

I jest.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I wonder if any American politician of his level has ever killed himself? I know no president has. But senate or VP?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I wonder if any American politician of his level has ever killed himself? I know no president has. But senate or VP?

It always makes me suspicious when a high ranking politician commits suicide but hey, that's why I like it at ATS. Anyway, there's a wiki site dedicated to Politicians who committed suicide

Edit: I have no idea how to fix the link above - I've tried 3 times and get the same thing. Anyway search politicians who committed suicide - it's a category on wiki.

[edit on 23/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Budd Dwyer committed suicide on TV during a press conference:

Warning GRAPHIC VIDEO

Google Video Link

[edit on 23-5-2009 by TheComte]

new topics

top topics

join