It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get paid to go to school�

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I�m living in South Africa and whiff the elections gust bay, I hared a story that thy want to pay the school children to go to school, so if you maybe not at school one day say you slipped school then you won�t get paid that day, so that children will want to go to school..

For me it�s insane, were do thy think thy will get the money to pay all the children, at the moment most of the black schools don�t even have all the books thy need to learn�

I hope thy wont take it from tax we already pay them too much�thy gust take and take��..

What do some of you fink, will this work
or not
� I don�t think so.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
one of the reasons i don't think it will work, is because you will get an influx adults going to school, and that would deplete the resources even more. the problem with this that i can see is that people will use as a job rather than for education, i suppose i'd have to see statistics on it first, but i just think this is a horrible idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Negative...not good...my parent PAID taxes for me to go to school...then I had to PAY to go to college...school should be a priveledge....not a right or a job...people should want to better themselves and their children w/o any other motivation then that....

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Kids would go and then just sit, do nothing, aslong as they got their money. i disagree with it yet if they did start this perhaps they should pay for good grades, or such. In luxembourg Europe for example, kids can send in their report cards to their commune and if they have a certain amount of points "[A's - 10 pnts, B=7pnts] they will recieve a small cash amount. this encourages going to school and also doing well.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
thats a better way to handle it...but in the good ol USA that would be "discrimatory" to the less intelligent...

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
thats a better way to handle it...but in the good ol USA that would be "discrimatory" to the less intelligent...

Amen to that.
For how many people may screech about how Hitleresque this may sound, society naturally stratifies itself. You need people to be of all breeds; not everyone can succeed, as then "success" is entirely devalued.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
No need to pay people to go to school, just offer food, shelter, and clothes for going to classes and doing side jobs around campus.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
the cream rises to the top, and the # sinks to the bottom.

it's like that way in the real world, so why lead kids on by paying EVERYONE to go to school, regardless of performance. I like the idea of cash based on what the grade is, but I agree with how it would be perceived as discriminatory in the U.S- especially now with this crazy "no child left behind" act, which basically ensures that even the idiots are forced to succeed somehow.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Umm they shouldnt do that. If the children want to try hard and be something not a street cleaners they would go to school for free.

top topics

join