It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Commission official says public story “almost entirely untrue”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Just came across this article today, thought it was very interesting, especially considering the authenticity of the person in question.

Source: www.examiner.com...

You can read the article for yourself which isnt that long, here's just a bit i picked out.

Who is John Farmer:
Since the turn of the millennium, John Farmer’s resume has boasted many impressive accomplishments: New Jersey Attorney General, Acting Governor of that same state for 90 minutes on January 8, 2002 and, perhaps most importantly, Senior Counsel to the Bush-appointed - and dramatically underfunded - 9/11 Commission (also known as the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States).

The below is a solicitation from his new book, The Ground Truth: The Story Behind America's Defense on 9/11.

As of the 9/11 Commission’s one of the primary authors report, John Farmer is proud of his and his colleagues’ work. Yet he came away from the experience convinced that there was a further story to be told, one he was uniquely qualified to write.

Now that story can be told. Tape recordings, transcripts, and contemporaneous records that had been classified have since been declassified, and the inspector general’s investigations of government conduct have been completed. Drawing on his knowledge of those sources, as well as his years as an attorney in public and private practice, Farmer reconstructs the truth of what happened on that fateful day and the disastrous circumstances that allowed it: the institutionalized disconnect between what those on the ground knew and what those in power did. He reveals — terrifyingly and illuminatingly — the key moments in the years, months, weeks, and days that preceded the attacks, then descends almost in real time through the attacks themselves, revealing them as they have never before been seen.

Ultimately Farmer builds the inescapably convincing case that the official version not only is almost entirely untrue but serves to create a false impression of order and security. The ground truth that Farmer captures tells a very different story — a story that is doomed to be repeated unless the systemic failures he reveals are confronted and remedied.

Thought it was interesting and his book might offer some new insight.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/23/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Personally I dont go by anyones authority or credibility when it comes to 9/11. Just looking at the facts and using my own mind is enough. The official story is bull, and the fact that there are still people believing it is more fascinating than the events themselfs. I can only explain it as effects of human psychology because it sure isnt critical thinking.

Good to see that more of these "credible" people talk about what they think, but we should all think about these events independently and not rely on anyone else's opinions. Otherwise we are just sheep, or parrots, repeating things we have heard someone else say.

And no, the system will not be remedied because its designed to work this way. People at the top of the pyramid are above the law. People having the support of these people are also above the law.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
And no, the system will not be remedied because its designed to work this way. People at the top of the pyramid are above the law. People having the support of these people are also above the law.

Absolutely right.

I'm not interested in the parts of the official 9/11 story that may be true. I'm interested in the parts of the official 9/11 story that aren't true.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
So instead of trying to make money by writing a book about it...why isn't he doing something more concrete to right the wrong. He is afterall part of the lie.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Absolutely right.

I'm not interested in the parts of the official 9/11 story that may be true. I'm interested in the parts of the official 9/11 story that aren't true.

Hence the thread i posted...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
This is not the infamous John Farmer of turncoat fame, who pretends to be a 9-11 Truther, and betrays us and joins the lying government loyalists.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

it’s sure bet that his account will garner little to no coverage from the mainstream media. After all, he’s not the first Commission appointee to dissent against the official chronology of events. In 2006, the two highest ranking panel members, Chairman Thomas Kean and Vice Chairman Lee Hamilton, released Without Precedent: The Inside Story of the 9/11 Commission, which plainly stated, “Fog of war could explain why some people were confused on the day of 9/11, but it could not explain why all of the after-action reports, accident investigations and public testimony by FAA and NORAD officials advanced an account of 9/11 that was untrue.”

Ever heard of that book before? Hmmm, I wonder why not.

www.examiner.com...

The lying US Mainstream News Media.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7937a5d98c5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Personally I dont go by anyones authority or credibility when it comes to 9/11. Just looking at the facts and using my own mind is enough. The official story is bull, and the fact that there are still people believing it is more fascinating than the events themselfs. I can only explain it as effects of human psychology because it sure isnt critical thinking.

Good to see that more of these "credible" people talk about what they think, but we should all think about these events independently and not rely on anyone else's opinions. Otherwise we are just sheep, or parrots, repeating things we have heard someone else say.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Copernicus]

i agree, copernicus...critical thinking was not in any official investigation, that's why there are so many people out there that don't believe the government story. but the people of wealth and power are the ones that not only get their way, but also write the history, regardless of what logic and reason reveals. and i have come to realize long ago, that this is the ultimate truth. maybe that's why alot of us older americans simply walk around with a sullen and blank look on our faces, realizing that the american dream is just that...a ficticious dream.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Farmer,is simply trying to cover his @$$ he like the other former members of the 9-11 commission he did not count on having the official storyline to be so strongly rejected by not only the American public but by the international public as well.They will now be trying to explain away all of the facts that they either ignored or covered up.

[edit on 033131p://0626 by mike dangerously]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If you want to cut a 7 figure book deal, you need a selling hook. Saying the Official Story is essentially true does not sell books.

It would be like doing a UFO book that says there's no evidence of alien visitations.

People want controversy. They will get it.

We'll see how much meat is on the bones when it comes out.

Mike

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
In George Tennants book he also says that the 911 commission report is blatantly fraudulant. I am sure there are lots of books besides these 2 that say the same thing.

People want controversy. They will get it.

If the controversy didn't already exist there would be no way to sell the book. Its more like writing a book about weather aliens exist after first contact. Funny thing is is that the controversy already exists but there aren't too many books supporting the OS. Its not funny like LOL its funny like "damning the case" funny.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
In George Tennants book he also says that the 911 commission report is blatantly fraudulant. I am sure there are lots of books besides these 2 that say the same thing.

If the controversy didn't already exist there would be no way to sell the book. Its more like writing a book about weather aliens exist after first contact. Funny thing is is that the controversy already exists but there aren't too many books supporting the OS. Its not funny like LOL its funny like "damning the case" funny.

George Tenet does not say the 9/11 commission report is blatantly fraudulent. Have you read what he says in full context or just quoting some website information?

No one wants a book proving the Official Story is true because there is no selling hook. There is no controversy.

Would anyone buy a book giving documented proof World War II actually happened? But one showing it was a pre-planned event by some secret organization would sell like hotcakes.

A writer named Sitchin sells books with his translations of Sumerian writings showing aliens came to Earth and created humanity to mine gold for them. Utter drivel with no expert seeing these things in Sumerian writings, zero evidence of these aliens or of the existence of their planet beyond Pluto.

There is always a ready market for things that reinforce people's fantasies.
When enough of them get together and there is plenty of material to read and view, they actually believe it.

Mike

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

No one wants a book proving the Official Story is true because there is no selling hook. There is no controversy.

11 September 2001 attacks in the US were:

* Inside Job (74.0%, 311 Votes)
* Conducted by Al-Qaida (18.0%, 76 Votes)
* Not Sure (7.0%, 31 Votes)

Total Voters: 418

pkpolitics.com...

Live Vote
Do you believe any of the conspiracy theories suggesting the U.S. government was somehow involved in 9/11? * 95740 responses
Yes. The government has left many questions unanswered about that day.
67%
No. These theories are absurd and disrespectful -- especially to those who lost their lives on 9/11.
27%
I'm not sure.
5.4%

www.msnbc.msn.com...

According to the new New York Times/CBS News poll, only 16% of Americans think the government is telling the truth about 9/11 and the intelligence prior to the attacks:
"Do you think members of the Bush Administration are telling the truth, are mostly telling the truth but hiding something, or are they mostly lying?
Telling the truth 16%
Hiding something 53%
Mostly lying 28%
Not sure 3%"

freedomisforeverybody.blogspot.com...

George Tenet does not say the 9/11 commission report is blatantly fraudulent. Have you read what he says in full context or just quoting some website information?

He's had to defend himself from the report/commission in that it was said that he did not inform congress of various intel. It was on record that he had, so it did not make it to court. Whatever words he used to describe it, it didn't hold water. In his book he is certainly not defending his opponents. Sorry if I paraphrased.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Awww, the little bitty witty debunkers fall like flies into the sea as the last vestiges of official hope seep out of the huge cracks in the official story sinking ship. Shall we be nice and throw them life-preservers? I mean after all, we wouldn't want to have to cover up all the body bags and not allow anyone to take pictures- the way the US government has done for so long to our misled troops. I mean, that would just be soooo unamerican. :shk:

Real Americans, led by truth and justice, also have compassion for even the most thick-headed, stubborn holdouts. We admire those that are brave enough to go down with the sinking ship. But we might just let you drown a bit- kinda like waterboarding. And when you finally want to surface and tell us what we want to hear- that we were right all along- we might just reduce your torture to assisting in the new investigation. And we will savior every moment as the facts finally get pounded into your heads throughout the trials.

We will then assign you to carry out the lethal sentences where due, so as to remind you of the evil you are killing, despite yourselves. You will then all be trained as prison guards, to watch over and feed the vile scum that are left to rot in prison. And be thankful that you will have any jobs at all, considering the rape of the American economy your very own imprisoned heroes have perpetuated upon your brothers.

There just isn't a whole lot left to say for you when three important members of your official 911 Omission confess to its own fraud, failure, and subversion, now is there. Well, you might speak up possibly and demand a new investigation with us, yes? Or is that just too far beyond your wounded pride? Face it. Now. You will be beaten by the truth one day. The ship of truth takes its knocks, but is always the one that comes back to port, while the beaten drown at sea.

But you still have a chance to swim. And we might even pick you up along the way. I'll try my best to convince the captain to keep you as deck scrubbers rather than making you walk the plank. No promises though- the Captain's pretty damn mad, and the crew are just as furious.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Being from NJ. I can say I never liked John Farmer.
I'll read it to see whats going on.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i think some of you need to check out this website. www.popularmechanics.com...
everything about 9/11 explained.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Said it before, I will say it once again.

DISINFORMATION

These articles have only ONE purpose, to make believe that there was a failure of action that day. All evidence shows that this is NOT the case, and there is NO way the government could have been involved. There is absolutely no realistic scenario, that ends the way that day did without elements of the government being directly involved. I.E. Planting between 10 and 100 tons of nano thermite in 3 sky scrapers.

The following from this thread, when another 9/11 Commissioner "SLAMMED" the official story.

People continually fail to grasp the greater picture, is it frustrating, indeed.

Osama Bin Laden who was trained by the CIA, additionally his family were business associates of the Bush regime. During the no-fly time immediately following 911, it is no coincidence that the Bin Ladens were allowed to fly out of the country, while the rest of the country stood grounded.

What's clear that day, is that Osama Bin Laden, did not have Norad stand down.

He also did not plant the thermite that ultimately caused the collapses.

He did not tell the SAM sites to leave the pentagon "attack plane" alone.

He did not cancel the shoot down order.

He did not make any money from the attacks, where as every person in the Bush Regime did, as well as Silverstein, who in just one of the astronomical coincidences of that time, just happened to purchase the complex and put a large insurance policy on it.

Osama did not reinforce the pentagon in the exact location where years later it would be hit with (something?).

He did not order the demolition of WTC 7.

He was not part of the writing of "Rebuilding Americans Defenses" a neocon agenda describing a "new pearl harbor" to bring about cataclysmic changes..

So upon looking at the consequences of that day, it's quite clear there were few who profited, and they all just happened to be intimately linked with the Bush Regime, gotta love coincidences eh?

So when an article like this comes out "BLASTING BUSH", people look at it as another attack on bush for his FAILURE to do something about the "impending" attacks.

The message that this is actually sending is that it was a simple failure of action that caused that day. But the facts abound that it was not just a failure, but elements of the government HAD to be directly involved in the planning and execution of that day.

This article is just one of many disinformation articles which shift the blame to failures of action, rather than direct involvement by elements of the bush regime.

To fail to differentiate between the two, is a failure at denying ignorance.

As did Clinton. And what makes it worse is that we had bin Laden in our sights and Clinton wouldn't give the order to pull the trigger. All of our presidents, all the way back to Reagan new how dangerous this man was. (See Oliver North's testimony in the Iran-Contra affair.)

How dangerous was he while the CIA was training, funding, and equipping him to fight the Russians?

[edit on 10-6-2009 by king9072]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

11 September 2001 attacks in the US were:

* Inside Job (74.0%, 311 Votes)
* Conducted by Al-Qaida (18.0%, 76 Votes)
* Not Sure (7.0%, 31 Votes)

pkpolitics.com...
Total Voters: 418

Wow, out of 173,000,000 people in Pakistan, we have 418 responders to a survey.

How do we know if its representative? How was the survey conducted? What was the actual wording? Was it possibly leading? How were the people selected? Man on the street, mailing randomly, from a selected region, demographic, ethnic group.

In any statistical sampling, 0.0000025 of a population surveyed without controls cannot be taken seriously.

Mike

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted by Lateralus51
i think some of you need to check out this website. www.popularmechanics.com...
everything about 9/11 explained.

Why would anybody with a working brain need to check out Unpopular Mechanics; a mainstay defender of the 9-11 perps?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I also cited the New York Times, MSNBC, and CBS. The review you chose to discredit by opinion was not a scientific poll. The NY Time/CBS was. The MSNBC poll was out of 95,000 people surveyed. The common factor all 3 polls had was that there certainly was controversy over the OS, which was my original statement.

Please link a scientific poll that shows this controversy does not exist as you have claimed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join