It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is crashing and will become our/everyones demise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Gradually everyday brings new stories, new events and of course new people.
We all wake, we all sleep. We all work, we all rest. Information will flow, information will eventually be obtained and understood.Thank god for this giant spider web called the internet.

Im going to start where most people never do, specifically on this censored piece of garbage we ats. ATS is useless.

This website will never ever help to save humanity, even in the most dullest of standards. No matter the issue, no matter the cause even if lives are on the lines.
Everyone who contributes to this "site" has no credibility nor any credit with each other.

You're back ground is irrelevant and this site is redundant.
So many people wonder why,
If this knowledge is available, then why?

You could be a doctor, you could be a physicist.
you could be a garbage man, or the manager of McDonald's.
Regardless, you all conform to one place,
one place where people understand you're theories or conceptions.
But when it comes down to it.
If you really want to change things, well then you should be posting everywhere, but here.
You want to put the word, where people aren't as enlightened.
ATS will never make a different, because it is essentially a bunch of noodles in one pot, but if we become noodles in one dish, we will become desired as a whole.
ATS can try and can try.
but it will never, ever accomplish any thing.
nothing of you're concern.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Don't think so, take the 9/11 forum for example, if enough people contribute and investigate, perhaps one day everyone will agree on exactly what happened and we can get a real life investigation going. ATS is just the first step of becoming aware, we can't just go to the media especially with invalid points. If not for ATS and other conspiracy sites, how else do we separate the true from the false?

[edit on 5/23/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Spoken like a true Reptilian.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

Well if you feel that way ....why are you a member here and posting?
Why aren't you on the Britney boards or some entertainment board enlightening the unenlightened ?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
hmm well if you really feel that way, then why did you even bother to post this message? I mean if none of it matters then whats the motivation?

There, i just poked a huge hole in your logic.

P.S feel free to leave the way you came in

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
LOL
Whos to say im not everywhere on the web,
But forsure, at one point, i did only take and contribute from this site,
But, the reason why this site will never have any credibility is because exactly what it promotes.
Every where you look on ATS you see the word Conspiracy.
But in reality we all know what happened. and whats happening.
But the websites paints over your face.
you post something on this site, and its no better than the pot head talking about how awsome his pop tarts were on another site.
This site will change nothing,
If half the people were posting on the news websites, something could be recognized,
but again.
Were all seen as crazy people.
just cause of the paint

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Could you maybe make some real arguments as to why you think ATS is just a bunch of garbage.
Else i might think this is just a rant.

So could you maybe underbuild as to why ATS is the way you believe it to be.
This way we could try and have an actual discussion about it.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I was about to post a thread in what I thought was a coincidence to this post.

However the demise I saw and the question I was going to ask was what percentage of ATS users will find their way into a preventative detainment facility before 2012 and after? Will the remaining members do anything to save the disappeared? or will there be any remaining members?

I thought there was an element of synchronicity afoot again today but obviously Im wrong.

I love ATS and, despite the initial shock of daily doom and gloom, Im glad I can wander through this lovely consortium of thought about the topics that matter most to me.

I hope that never changes but nothing lasts forever and I accept that. I can understand your point of view but perhaps a better way to think of it would be of ATS being something like a home base or even (when put into perspective to the rest of the internet ) the fortress of solitude.

A place to learn and a place that can, if you let it, affect your reality. This can be good or bad, but its not the sites fault. You choose your own attitude.....

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

ATS is a harbor of information and dont get me wrong is an asset.
But because of how powerful the news organizations, and other websites are they paint a picture on all of our faces.
You post on ats you must be a crack pot.
ATS is never referenced on the news, and for good reasons.
I mean we all enjoy this culture, but thats not what its about.
we know whats going on, and me talking about it on a forum where 80 percent of the people already know whats going on, all i will get is the skeptics.
but posting everywhere else, might enlighten others to research for them selves.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

This website will never ever help to save humanity, even in the most dullest of standards. No matter the issue, no matter the cause even if lives are on the lines.
Everyone who contributes to this "site" has no credibility nor any credit with each other.

Thinking this site is at all intended to help humanity is a bad ida.
This is a community,, where people toss ideas and information back and forth, it's really all it's here for. It specializes in Conspiracies, while BTS tends to focus on the more mundane.

And plenty of people here have proven their credulity, and have earned themselves plenty of credit from other members.

Obvious examples would be Phage, Skyfloating, Byrd, Internos, and many other members have proven their skills here.

Myself, I often take information i've gotten here from the various forums and put it to use, in one way or another, in life.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
In a sense you are right when you say it is promoted as conspiracy, but it is so much more in reality.

ATS also helps people become aware of a question, who am I?, What do I undertsand compared to what do I believe. It's not just a platform to promote conspiracies.

Where so many people have thoughts, questions and ideas on ANYTHING, not just 'alternative' or conspiracy, they have a forum here to discuss and learn, Sure there are those who are hard headed in their beliefs, but being here helps them in ways they don't know. Everyone is learning to question who they/we all are. Learning about self (new understandings that make up you) is a great gift.

ATS is a home for learning.... not so much a tool to change the world you say, but if it is changing our members worlds, then isnt it serving its purpose? Isn't it then changing the world in a way? Most importantly it is a mixture of all of our group questions. The people on ATS (not the site and software) are helping each other chip away and become more aware, about what ever it is they are seeking answers to. If they are a sceptic, a fundamentalist or just enquisitive mind they are here learning, sharing, and just living in the moment that they need to be living in order help find out WHO they are
What a great thing to be able to do here.

I think it will help you if revaluate what the PURPOSE of ATS is on awarness for individual level.

I am sorry you feel this way
Cheers Zazz

EDIT TO ADD:**** I have made great friends on ATS who have also changed my world, literally.

I believe every single change today and tomorrow is for the better if it helps someone find out who they are by what they come to understand by postiing and reading here. This is changing the world, maybe slowly, but changing all the same.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribaltrip
reply to post by jaamaan

ATS is a harbor of information and dont get me wrong is an asset.
But because of how powerful the news organizations, and other websites are they paint a picture on all of our faces.
You post on ats you must be a crack pot.
ATS is never referenced on the news, and for good reasons.
I mean we all enjoy this culture, but thats not what its about.
we know whats going on, and me talking about it on a forum where 80 percent of the people already know whats going on, all i will get is the skeptics.
but posting everywhere else, might enlighten others to research for them selves.

Thank you for your answers.
The fact that ATS is mentioned in the news or not does not realy matter i think.
Every bit of critical thinking is valid i believe.
How is this quote again.
Thruth goes true 3 stages, first it is ridiculed than attacked and than it is presented as self evident (or something among those lines).
A lot of the discussions here are still in the "ridicule" stage

And for me the "skeptics" are very importand to, they make me think about everything just as much and keep my feet on the ground from time to time.

I do not think that 80% of the people on this forum even agree on most of the (diverse) topics and discussions so it is not realy like we are only preaching to the converted.
I believe more that one could find a reference card sort of thing here.
Let out some new ideas and see what still stands after a good discussion with some fellow humans.
The outcome is never sure for me and surprises myself from time to time.

"all i will get is the skeptics"
Skeptics are part of the whole mechanism with out them everything might be truth and discussions could become like self a forfilling prophecy kind of think.
If we would all agree just on the basis that we are into conspiracy theories than this place would be very boring.

I see the points you present as a challenge.
Lets just see what we can learn from one and other.
And i am sure that to be able to move on i need all the possible angles.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

you miss understand this...

you see the reason why ATS is here is YOU...

its about the path of YOU and why you need to understand YOU its a forum FOR and ABOUT YOU

yes it makes money but why not? is that not what you do ? what not YOU are? a part of a system?

Understand this.. ATS is a site for YOU and was made by people LIKE YOU

if you think ats has no meaning then why did YOU come here?

catch 22 dont u think? or is that me being somewhat Elogical?

i will leave it to you

have a nice day and night "depending on the rotation of the rock you are on"

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

If we all had your mentality we'd still be walking around with clubs in our hands. It seems to me you have no concept of what your username suggests else you would understand what progress means and entails.

ATS is a mechanism of human progress, and I thank its creators for the global focal point.

What you have said is both offensive and ignorant and I urge ATS'ers to treat this thread for what it is, a lost one trying it on.

Goodbye tribaltrip you will not be of my reality for much longer or exist in any other when I get my way.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
ATS may not be on the msm much, (it has been I'v seen quotes from here in newspapers, theres a thread on here somewhere about it)

But I'm sure one of the three amigos or a mod could produce stats that show when there is breaking news or something high profile, the MSM are on here to find out whats being said (again this has been discussed in threads).........

usually I would search for the links, but in this case I can't be bothered

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I tend to view ATS as a learning environment. Those who wanted to be educated joined up to sit in classes and discuss the various topics of interest. Those who did not wish to be educated joined MySpace.

It's not our job to educate the world. We really only need to educate ourselves. Others can usually tell who's "on the ball" and will ask for answers to questions they may have at which point we can tell them what we know (or think we know).

There are people on here making a difference by taking what they've learned and sharing it with others. Some are being threatened with having the police called for being "terrorists"; some are being threatened with psychiatric incarceration. I think that those people are risking a whole hell of a lot and I wouldn't dream of demeaning their experiences by suggesting that their risks are "meaningless".

ATS is more of a "brain storming" session where we come together with our various ideas and figure out how to approach the rest of the day with what we're trying to accomplish. To say we have no affect is to be sadly underinformed, imho.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I assume of course you know this as fact....ugh that set of thinking is annoying...we're on here so we lack credibility?

Whatever...way to make a post on a site you seem to so loathe

-Kyo

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

This has been my plan all along, manipulate this site, making all members believe they are making a difference, but at the same time have the 9/11 people do battle with one another and the NWO believers face off against the Non NWO believers and let them crush each other! I will over see this while I manipulate the general public and then in one quick swift mood, I make all of you go to war and when they destroy each other I shall release my sith armies and rule the planet! I have sent ATS crashing and brought everyones demise! Good job! lol

Ok, obviously I'm only joking, but seriously tribaltrip, why view this site like this? And why even post on here if you don't really care much for it? I don't necessarily see it as a place to try to make a difference in the world, I became interested in the site because most of all the topics I'm interested in is all right here and I can communicate with others who have similar interests. People in my life aren't that interested in any of these kinds of topics, it's not their particular brand of vodka. My brother is the only one who is deeply interested in my of the topics here, particularly ancient civilizations and against the grain theories and i wouldn't be surprised if he is a member here.

But since we live miles apart now, I don't have anyone else to freely talk about this stuff with without having someone get offended, freaked out, mad, or completely unwilling to even talk about it. So when I stumbled on this site, lurked for a while and now i have somewhere to talk about these subjects. Sites like this are good for people who may want to question things and with the internet so scattered, everything gets confusing. But this site puts all this info into this one place and have a lot of very knowledable people to interact with. This is how how view ATS anyway, I'm sure it's similar and different for everyone else.

new topics

top topics

join