It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Former S. Korean President Roh commits suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Report: Former S. Korean President Roh commits suicide

www.cnn.com

Former South Korean President Roh Moo-Hyun committed suicide by leaping to his death from a hill behind his house, the state-run Yonhap news agency reported Saturday.

Former South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun served from 2003-2008.

Yonhap cited a former presidential aide, acting as the family's lawyer, who said Roh left a suicide note for his family.

Roh, 62, had gone hiking near his home with an aide around 6:30 a.m. Saturday, Yonhap said.

He was found later with head injuries, and died after being taken to a hospital in Busan, police said. A hospital spokesman declined to c
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.comcast.net

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Apparantly, his reputation was tarnished with a scandal while he was president. His wife was also implicated in the scandal.
He was called in by prosecutors last month to answer questions over the involvlment of the scandal.
I guess that's why then.....
I'm just shocked that he would jump off a cliff. Pretty gutsy plan for a 62 yr. old.

Funny, I recently recall a thread about "no US President has ever committed suicide."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess all the stress of being a president got to Roh.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Ben Niceknowinya]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
His reputation was tarnished with a scandal while he was president. His wife was also implicated in the scandal... I was shocked when i read this...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bendixgomez

I wasn't.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
We would never be so fortunate to have a former president of this country whose reputation was tarnished do something like this.... We just have a knack for electing shameless people to office, I guess.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Lots of suicides lately. Wow, fell to his death from a mountain cliff? Sounds a little fishy.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

He obviously had too much on his conscience.

The US presidents never have too much on on their conscience, even though they should.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
Lots of suicides lately. Wow, fell to his death from a mountain cliff? Sounds a little fishy.

Exactly.... A little too remote. Also, if you are in that state of mind, I don't think you would feel like taking a hike. You would probably get it over with by jumping off the nearest building. Also, his suicide note seems fishy to me. "I am in debt to too many people" "Too many people have suffered because of me. And I cannot imagine the suffering they will go through in the future" ... I just don't think a man of his stature would resort to such an easy way out of things I guess.

I'm calling conspiracy on this one.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

I just heard this on the radio.

This is not very good news as things often happen like this before a engagement.

Remember the assination in Viet Nam that took JFK by surprise according to Mcnamara.

Reminds me of this. The Korean front if opened would drain the US of its resources and the draft would open.

Remember we are still at war with Korea...North.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

The last thing we need is another front opened that's for sure.... I agree with you, the draft would be initiated in the US. That is, if another two countries at least don't ally themselves with us. Even then, politcians would still be kicking and screaming for a draft.

I am beginning to think this is could be the end... With China allied with North Korea and the end of the Korean Armistice Agreement. Things are likely to escalate to war very soon. Which in turn would escalate to World War 3 immediately.

My lungs are going to be hurting by the end of the day.... *lights up a cigarette*

[edit on 27-5-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think we should move discussion to this thread that was posted first.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The plot thickens! Apparently Roh's bodyguard might not have been with him at all, and can not give a proper account of his whereabouts at the time of Roh's death. He was the only eyewitness, the only person to claim to have actually seen Roh jump. His statements and the note that could have been typed by anyone are the only pieces of evidence that point to suicide.

Here is a link to the article entitled, "Cheong Wa Dae bodyguard cannot confirm whereabouts during Roh’s final moments."

A police official said, “The bodyguard has changed his account of his whereabouts several times, and we have summoned him again to the South Gyungsang Police Agency for further questioning.”

english.hani.co.kr...

top topics

join