It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow trashes Obama for shredding Constitution! Must watch!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Very important that everyone knows about this !!

S&F !

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I have to say I'm not all that surprised. I'm sure most of ya'll aren't. I've seen this coming, especially in this man, for a long time. Obama has no ability to lead, has no real understanding of the constitution, and no real competence to speak of.

I think the real question is, is he doing this on purpose or does he just not understand exactly what he's doing?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Kudos to Rachel for laying bare the lies of the Obama administration!! Let's see if she lasts on CNBC!

The rest of the so called leftwing MSM keep making excuses for the Savior in Chief.

Just as Olberman points out the number of days since "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq, I hope Rachel keeps score on all we were promised and where those promises seem to have evaporated!

We know who runs the government and it is not "We the People".

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
First i AM very happy to see a Liberal channel display some BALLS and thank you Rachel for this "wake up" call going mainstream

with that said we need to realize that nearly all nefarious schemes START with SMALL step's ....small intrusions.....so it leaves the Rationale Critical thinking person almost "paranoid" b/c so many laws can be interpreted as the first steps toward a fascist rule..........so you can see why people would defend obama.....they don't want to start worry'n about this rule and that and how it might be the start of something .....deeply troubling....like detaining those that go to "tea party's" and those that criticize the gov't.......heck do discourage future dissent ....they could even plant some dupe in the the "anti bailout/ tax/gov't policy movement who is violent and then the rest could be labeled guilty by association...who knows?!

oh ya p.s state and local govt's are completely FU$%ED over with their budgets........and they have huge deficits....and they will not be bailed out.......this could lead to a heck of alot of unemployment , cut programs....and room for big gov't to step in and gain more power...not to mention a spark for civil unrest

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Maddow: "How can a President speak the kind of poetry that President Obama does about the Rule of Law and call for the power to indefinitely, preventively imprison people because they might commit crimes in the future?"

Because he is a liar, and because he believes that a sufficient number of us are too stupid to understand his approach and therefore make meaningless any objections to his plans in this area.

I suppose one good thing is that "buyer's remorse" is finally setting in with even the staunchest of Obama supporters. When you lose the Rachel Maddows of the world, you know you really have pushed it too far.

Thank goodness some of you Obama supporters are finally waking up!

Now, just maybe....just maybe... it's worth looking at some if the other "misrepresentations" asserted by the man-- even, perhaps, his eligibility for office.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by loam]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Now ain't this great, look what he's done in 4 months, what the hell is this country going to look like in the remaining 44 months? A damn Dictatorship with armed military crawling the streets.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Where does the legal slippery slope end?

Right here. When they're talking about making it legal to imprison people who can't be brought to trial for committing a crime, that's it. Rule of law no longer applies.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Here he is, our worst fears revealed! I swear, most of us who opposed this man during the election last year we're called bigots, racists, right wing extremists... we were right! Shame on all those who voted for this man just because they hated Bush...we all did. Shame on all those who voted for this man because of his charm, his speaking ability, dare I say it...his skin color! Many of us who knew this was coming with him or at least suspected it didn't vote for McCain because Obama was black, we didn't vote for him because he is dangerous. Now we are beginning to see the sad outcome for our nation’s ignorant choice for our president.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Rockstrongo37]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by glnflwrs

OK, let's say that you are correct. If so, why does BarryO need to pass a law, if he already has the authority, as commander in chief, to detain indefinitely?
There is going to be something else in this law, something that gives him a loophole that he didn't have. He's just (conveniently) not mentioning it.
I think we are in a lot of trouble.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

"However, the focus here should be on Obama's speech, not the integrity of the whistleblower, as we can focus on the facts and not the source, which is rare in news these days."

Yes, I agree Mindmelding, the focus should be on Obama's speech. I think that Dark Ghost, jimmyx, and Foppezao are attempting to steer away from the point, that Obama is planning to put us behind the 8ball. We mustn't let them distract us. We have to get this information out to as many people as possible, as quickly as possible. Dark Ghost, jimmyx, and Foppezao are probably Obama worshippers.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by really

"I don't like most of what the man has done either but most of what I don't like was initiated by Bush. Where were you guys then?"
This is the second or third "where were you guys then?" post I've read. I don't think there is anything helpful in pointing BACKWARD at Bush, and scolding. Yes, some of us fell asleep, but speaking for myself, I've been beating myself on a daily basis since Nov. 4, 2008 for not paying enough attention. So lighten up, "Can't we ALL just get along?" and find out what we can do, if anything, to stop the thievery of our rights.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Americans blow stuff up today.

Excuse the worse of us right wing today

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

This ties in rather TOO well with this situation posted by DimensionalDetective

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Minority report anyone?

I'm no fan of muslims as some of you know....BUT! I believe that they are being used as "bogey men" ala 1984 and the eurasian war that goes forever.

Lets not forget the judges being able to do away with whatever parts of the constitution that they dont like.

This was from DjOsiris

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24/1/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join