It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Itchy brain... third eye?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Last night I got the itchy brain sensation again. I've had it a few times and it doesn't usually last more than ten minutes. It feels like the front of your brain or forehead is itching, as if someone is tickling it with a feather but you can't get in there to itch it :p

I had a look on the net about this thing, and found two sites that kind of describe it but the two people were on anti-depressants at the time. I'm not on any medication.

Could it possibly be the third eye chakra opening? Along with the tickling feeling it also feels like the top of your head is vibrating or buzzing. This has happened to me a few times and I have always felt 'open' while it's going on. I've felt my hearth chakra open once and wow, what a feeling.

I have been meditating a lot in the recent past so it might be connected to that?

[edit on 22/5/09 by dmorgan]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

I know what you're talking about, I have had it happen without meditating. That area will either itch or pulse, but if I focus on the itching I can usually make it pulse, but not the other way around. Keep working on it, you can get some imagery type visions; Don't fight it, your brain will process it for you in terms you can understand, all you need to do is pay close attention to the details in the images.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Personally i do not think it was. You will know when your third eye is open, and it s a weird thing, especially at first and i doubt many people even notice it is open, they just are assuming it is just a more uplifting brain sort of mode.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Yes it is. It is the first stage of the third eye awakening. An itchy forehead, almost pulsing and the top of the head feels tingly, almost like your hair is moving.
Pay attention to things when it happends. It's a great BS meter

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Hi D, I sometimes experience this on other parts of my body though.
Sometimes when you think you are itchy in a certain location, the itch is generated somewhere else!
How do I explain this? Dermatomes.
Dermatomes are nerve sensation sectors of the human body. the nerve endings that finish in the derma (skin) are responsible for the recognition of itches etc on the surface of the skin.
All good anatomy books should have a dermatome diagram.
Have a look it may make sense to you.
Ohter than that all I can think of is that movie: Videodrome!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Yeah I used to get that feeling really bad when I was a kid. As an adult I still get it but not as bad as when I was a kid. I still get it though and I can kinda turn it on and off. Not sure what it is though.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I don't know if this is anyhow or way connected but at times I've have my forehead move uncontroll ably like an elf would twitch their ear. I am on anti deressants and I tend to get the same feelings to seemed todescribe like this morning for say after I woke up and had a cigarette. interesting stuff...

Maybe you consumed some interstellar pixie dust. it tend to do wonders on the mind

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Could it possibly be the third eye chakra opening? Along with the tickling feeling it also feels like the top of your head is vibrating or buzzing. This has happened to me a few times and I have always felt 'open' while it's going on. I've felt my hearth chakra open once and wow, what a feeling. I have been meditating a lot in the recent past so it might be connected to that?

Hi again D,
reveiwing your post makes some sense, although have a look at what I posted on Dermatomes.
If you are Meditating regularly, it is a natural response that you are going to become more aware of nuances previously unregistered.
With the enhanced sensitivity through stillness, you will be more sensitive in the conscious world also.
I used to participate in Siddha Yoga (the yoga of Meditation).
I experienced many things during my time involved with this practice. Its an individual thing though, in regards to what faculties are sensationally heightened.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster
reply to post by dmorgan

Yes it is. It is the first stage of the third eye awakening. An itchy forehead, almost pulsing and the top of the head feels tingly, almost like your hair is moving.
Pay attention to things when it happends. It's a great BS meter

I see that my post could be read as negative.
That was not my intention!
I ment to say that in my case, whenever i read something and my forehead gets tingly, it's a strong hint that there is truth in what i read.
So it's very handy for filtering out the BS.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Dont want to worry you too much, but i was thinking Morgellons.

According to the CDC:
"Persons who suffer from this condition report a range of coetaneous symptoms including crawling, biting and stinging sensations; granules, threads or black speck-like materials on or beneath the skin; and/or skin lesions (e.g., rashes or sores) and some sufferers also report systemic manifestations such as fatigue, mental confusion, short term memory loss, joint pain, and changes in vision."

www.morgellons.org...

www.schmoo.co.uk...

[edit on 24-5-2009 by pazcat]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Thanks for the very interesting links, I've learned something new today.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

You wrote:
"Yes it is. It is the first stage of the third eye awakening. An itchy forehead, almost pulsing and the top of the head feels tingly, almost like your hair is moving.
Pay attention to things when it happends. It's a great BS meter"

This is really interesting to me because I've noticed my third eye popping open for seemingly no reason, and my intuition indicated it opens in the presence of truth. So, how does it work as a BS meter? Can you explain that?

Also, does it mean something different when the third (between eyes) versus fifth eye (center of forehead) opens? at least in your experience...?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonfly327
reply to post by locster

You wrote:
"Yes it is. It is the first stage of the third eye awakening. An itchy forehead, almost pulsing and the top of the head feels tingly, almost like your hair is moving.
Pay attention to things when it happends. It's a great BS meter"

This is really interesting to me because I've noticed my third eye popping open for seemingly no reason, and my intuition indicated it opens in the presence of truth. So, how does it work as a BS meter? Can you explain that?

This is how it works for me, if i hear or read something and i get that tingly feeling, then there is some truth in there. Even if my mind does not agree with it.
At this time many people are experiencing this third eye awakening for no apparent reason. But trust me, there is one. Awareness is growing exponentionally and so are awakenings. We are all connected.

Originally posted by dragonfly327
Also, does it mean something different when the third (between eyes) versus fifth eye (center of forehead) opens? at least in your experience...?

To be honest this is the first time i have ever heared about the fifth eye.
I my opinion the location of the third eye shifts from the forehead to almost between the eyebrows as you learn to "control" it.

If you would like to know were yours is located, move your finger towards your forehead in a straight line. Start at the top, move your finger towards your forehead untill you almost touch it. I you felt nothing move down a little and do it again. You'll know when you've hit the sweet spot!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The more you meditate the more you can open your third eye. Mine feels like a pressure not painful just like someone is pressing on my forehead right between my eyes. I have heard that this has to do with the pineal gland awakening.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I also get the tingly brain feeling, and always knew it had to do with some kind of higher sense of awareness. I'd often get it when i felt something deeply (like someone else said it tends to confirm truth)....but also times of spiritual meditation and prayer. Its a great feeling.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What tips would you give to a beginner.

new topics

top topics

join