It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night at the Museum 2 - MOVIE REVIEW ONLY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Night At The Museum 2 opened today, and since it was not one that I prescreened, decided I was going to go see it so I could advise the ATS Membership about it as far as entertainment value.

I went to my new favorite Cinemark Extreme Digital Theater to insure that I watched it in the best possible environment.

The theater seats 600 and even though it was the 3:30 p.m. showing, it was packed with kids. Row after row after row of excited kids with parents who looked like they were going to the Spanish Inquisition instead of a day out with the kids at a movie of their choice. Now don't get me wrong.... I raised four kids in my lifetime, been there, done that.... unfortunately, now that I am a close to being single at 60 man, having a theater full of screaming kids was not at the top of my list.

Okay... now for the review. I had seen the original so I pretty much knew what was coming. I'm a big fan of Ben Stiller and have really become quite a fan of Amy Adams who plays Amelia Earhart, but maybe it was all the kids, I was a bit bored with it all. The special effects were great, but it really dragged in a lot of places and even the rack of kiddos sitting next to me, who were going to the bathroom every 10 minutes, seemed a little disappointed. Does it have some cute moments, yes.... does it have some tender moments.... yes..... but if you just use the almost 600 kiddos and a few parents as a guide.... it was mildly entertaining.

So, using my entertainment criteria..... unless you are just bored and want to blow $20.00....... I give it.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/317766866a69.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6/5/2009 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Thanx for the review Dave.

I guess I'll wait for the DVD...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'll wait for the DVD as well. Thanks for the review.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Anything with Ben Stiller is torture. I am surprised to hear somebody is a fan of his.
How can somebody with a father soooo funny, not be funny at all.

I could have done this review just watching the tv trailer.

P.O.S.

End Communication.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DazE777
I could have done this review just watching the tv trailer.

No..... you would have had to sit through it with 600 kids as I did to give a factual review.... sorry.

Dave

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
We usually rent. The price of going to the movies is a killer.

Less distractions from kiddies and less germs.

Night at the Museum 1 was great fun.

I like Stiller and Owens together.

We are looking forward to RENTING Night at the Museum 2.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
My wife made me see this movie yesterday. While watching it...i reached a personal milestone!

I fell asleep!

Yes it was that good! I was even rewarded with a jab to the ribs!

First one was better. It had good special effects...the story was lame and predictable.

The only thing I did like about it was that there was a bit of history in it...but other than that....

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Mrs Mr Gunter was given the keys to my much-loved DVD store membership card over the weekend, and 'we' ended up watching Mama Mia on Blu-Ray.

This morning I went looking for my testicles.

Tonight it's a double dose of Iron Man and T2 to complete the full recovery.

new topics

top topics

join