It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-Declare Your Independence | July 4th, 2009 - More Tea parties coming....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I just did a google search to see if there was any information on tea parties coming on july 4th...which is independence day. It seems to me that it would be a great day to get a message across.

It looks like the tea parties didn't die as others have said. July 4th is still a month and half month away...but there are 100's scheduled already on or near that date.

There is even one near me in Grand Rapids, MI.

Anyway, here is the site that I came across which has information on the tea parties.
www.reteaparty.com...
As quoted from the website:

The America’s Independence Day Tea Party Movement is a nationwide protest forum for any and all groups and individuals dissatisfied with the current governance of the United States, regardless of ideology, partisan identity, or political affiliation. While we may disagree on the solution, on July 4th, 2009 we will come together as Americans to peacefully express our dissent from the current political status quo. We are individuals of all ages, sexual orientation, creed, color, rank and file with a common message: We are sick and tired of big government and we don’t trust the major parties in Washington DC to bring real changes. We are demanding that our representatives uphold their oath to defend and protect the supreme law of the land, the Constitution.

I hope people realize that what is happening with California will happen here eventually...except they will more than likely not JUST raise taxes...they are going to inflate the living hell out of the dollar so we'll all get hammered regardless. This is why auditing the fed is so important.

California doesn't have the luxury of printing money.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 22-5-2009 by David9176]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The tea party movement is definately not dead. I'm attending one in Stockton California. Still finalizing the location of the event but there is still support for the "movement".

I think the movement is in its infancy and is going to slowly grow as things in our country deteriorate.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixDemon

Yeah, i've seen that their have been protests in California. Things have gotten out of hand with the budget there..way out of hand.

I'm just wondering what the media coverage will be like. This is a day when most of the major "commentators" would be off work like most the rest of us.

I'm curious to see how it will be transcribed this time around and if the spin will be put on it once again.

The attention should ramp up as the date gets closer.

I don't think this is going to go away. People are starting to figure it out!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Like I have been saying for a little while on boards other than ATS, we need a single concentrated March on Washington DC. Not simply another march, but a million person march.
I have called for a million man march on the Day of September 8th, 2009 because of that being when the United States Congress reconvenes.
A nice little Great American Revolution rather than the overly used Second American Revolution.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
SpecOps, I agree, a large march to the capital around that time would send a great message. It would in my opinion be one hell of a shot over the bow of the enemy ship that is our elected officials that have forgotten us. Publicized and promoted correctly with the right messages and such and it could be worthwhile. Even if the elected officials don't listen, having a solid showing would rally more support. "We" can't expect to win, or change things with just a few marches. Like I've said in other posts. The left in this country have been protesting and pushing their agenda for over 30 years and its brought our country where it is today. We can't expect to change it overnight now. We need to start a movement and be prepared for war (so-to-speak).

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Well David I had my opposition to these protests, I have my disagreements so do the majority of other americans. That being said, I wish you all the best of luck during your protests. When we marched down the roads in 03' and 05' we were hurled at as anti-american, anti-patriotic, but we marched on nevertheless. I call on all my fellow americans, in particular those of liberal standing, to not lower yourself to the standards of those individuals during 2003. Didnt matter whether they were those very bush supporters, doesnt matter if they had called down upon you during the time of our protests, we dont lower ourselves to that standard.

We are all americans at the end of the day, we all passionate about these United states and most of us, both left and right, only wish for the best of this country, despite our differences. We should understand that before we express our own views.

I will be on the otherside on July 4th pushing forth my views regarding the stimulus and where the nation should be heading, but just to let you know the above stands. Hopefully this time protestors will also reject the loony media pundits, both rightwing and left wing, hopefull they will reject the GOP politicians who try to take a piece of these protests, because ultimately each side of the political establishment had their hand in this mess. If there is any real concern, ignoring the election outcome and partisan lines, the protestors will hold no stage to the typical GOP or Democratic suspects, or any major media outlet. I understand you cannot prevent certain media from trying to host this thing, but you can certainly let them know and let the rest of america know that the media is to be called out regarding the mess of the last 8years as well.

Best of luck July 4th and I hope both sides will be fairly heard on that day.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I will be attending a Tea Party on St. Simons Island, Ga July 4.

I believe the next Tea Party will be Sept. 12, 2009 in Washington.

We are working towards having a million people in attendance.
As of today there will be 835 different Tea Parties for the 4th of July. These are scattered from coast to coast and north to south.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
More People need to see this.. We need a lot more people in New York, NY and Cali are the worst taxed states and need to get a bunch of more people because that would really make the higher ups S&^T bricks if more people took even one day off work. Imagine how much attention this would get

top topics

join