It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu containment to be disruptive, says Kevin Rudd (Aussie PM)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Aussie PM, Kevin Rudd has stated that containing the flu will be disruptive.

Screw you, Rudd.

I don't submit to a government destroying civil liberties to contain a flu. Screw you again.

There's a similar article in Page 2 of today's Herald Sun newspaper, Melbourne. It highlights the 'special federal powers' that the government can use.

Screw them.

Everyone should be concerned when the government has the power to begin "social distancing". Hey, have you got a cough? Welcome to solitary confinement for a while...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

So the question that comes to my mind is how else would you try to contain this virus without being disruptive?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Where did I mention anything about trying to contain it?

Call me stupid (and I know there's a long list that will) but maybe nature has ways of culling humans to stop us being so dominant.

Is a life worth living if that life is restricted, controlled and quarantined?

I don't have the answers to world wide problems but I can see warning signs that point to a very bleak, sterile future. Screw that, I let my kids play in the mud. They know what it feels like between their fingers.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Containing and reducing the spread is what the government want to do.

I don't see a way of doing that without being disruptive.

I would agree with you about nature culling when necessary but the swine flu doesn't seem very natural.

Not saying it was engineered but it, like sars, bird flu etc came about from humans interfering with and trying to control (farm) nature.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Containing and reducing the spread is what the government want to do.

I can understand wanting to treat people with the swine flu. Sure, that's ok.

But to me, there's civil liberties and basic rights that can't be trodden upon. The government has powers to shut down any public event, schools, transport, pretty much anything that they like, if they wish to do so. That's over-the-top. I don't agree with it.

I would agree with you about nature culling when necessary but the swine flu doesn't seem very natural.

Agreed. Which is why I support efforts to find vaccines, etc... however, I don't see why society should potentially be brought to a stand-still to stop the 'spread' of the flu.

I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist to think that things happen by accident. That's why I don't want to see governments have omnipotency over the general population. Screw Krudd!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
More scare-mongering with Australia's 14th flu case announced.

A 15 year old boy in Melbourne is now being kept under quarantine with his parents and two siblings...

top topics

join