It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow I step out into the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Tomorrow, May 23rd, I leave the land of care-free high school, and enter the real world, through the process of my high school graduation.

It's been a long road. I remember my freshman year of high school when everyone was telling me that the next four years would be over before I knew it. I laughed that idea off, but sure enough, time has gone almost too fast and sometimes I regret not holding on to more of the memories and times that I can never get back.

I remember my first 2-a-day football practice, and the coach telling me that I'd be playing my last game before I knew it. My last game has come to pass, and I miss those damn hot, sweaty, and what so often seemed to be endless practices everyday that goes by. There is no sport like high school football.

I'm the first one of my brothers and sister to graduate high school. My two older brothers dropped out and my younger sister hasn't had the chance to drop out or graduate yet. I'll be the first member of my family to go to college.

The feeling really is bittersweet. I never will miss getting up at 6:30 everyday, or eating crappy school lunches, but I will miss being able to hang out with my friends, and doing all that silly stuff that high school kids get away with, especially those of us with senioritis

I took the time to make this post just to share a little with my ATS friends and family, I'm not looking for pats on the back and congratulations or anything like that. Sometimes it's nice just to get a little bit off your chest.

One more thing, have a nice Memorial Day weekend, and thanks to all the vets out there

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Congratulations!!!!!!

The friends you have.. you will keep... if they are really friends....

You have your whole life ahead... enjoy the ride my friend

(I remember those two a days myself, decades ago
)

Having served, I appreciate the thanks, and I hope you have a wonderful Memorial day/ graduation weekend yourself....

Try to learn something NEW everyday.... no matter what... just one thing new everyday...

and you can rest your head on the pillow and know...

You are better than the day before...

Once again Congrats on your Graduation

Onward and upward!!!!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thank you, I really do appreciate it.

The ceremony was early in the afternoon today and now that's it. Haha, can't say much more than that.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Congratulations!!!!!!

Try to learn something NEW everyday.... no matter what... just one thing new everyday...

Great bit of advice.

It seems like yesterday I was standing on the stage myself and now my 20 year reunion lingers a few years away.

Don't take anything for granted and don't sweat the small stuff, because you blink and a decade will go by.

Good Luck in college.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Congratulations on graduating from HS and

I hope your are going to continue with your education at the university level.

But even climbing the academic ladder isn't really steping out into the "real world"

I look back fondly at my academic career; I have little fondness for the

"real world" however because it is filled with liars, thieves and predators and those are the nice people.

new topics

top topics

join