It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New America - recap of lost rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
In the last couple months the following legislation/laws have passed or are in the process. We, in america, are losing some serious rights! (officially to save some of you the writing you have the right... but with SERIOUS repercussions)

CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH - LOST
According to HR 2159
HR 2159, which means House of Representatives Bill #2159, is currently making it's way through the House, and on to become a law if passed.
This bill would deem anyone who does any of the following as a domestic terrorist and strip them of numerous rights including owning a gun.
(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; ... Read More
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

In layman's terms - if I tell someone to check out ATS website, if this passes, I can be arrested, without rights, for "appearing" to influence/coerce; to be fair they'd have to appear to hurt someone or break a law too.

CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS (OWN A GUN) - LOST
also accoridng to 2159, shown above. Anyone APPEARING to do any of those loses their rights, period.

CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO AVOID ILLEGAL SEARCH AND SEISURE - LOST
Mass senate Bill 2028 - passed
allows:
* The Mass. gov't can enter and investigate your house or business WITHOUT A WARRANT!
* They can administer a serum to you WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!
* And you can be arrested AND/OR $250,000 fine for not complying.
[www.abovetopsecret.com...]

We are, or in the process of, losing some of our MAJOR constitutional rights!!

I'm not going to put a name on this activity - this is simply to bring awareness.
I'm also interested in people's plans concerning this.

Thanks for listening!

[edit on 22-5-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

When these pass, you may see them start to go after Americans who are not bad guys just patriots, when this happens this will be the temping point and you will see America go up in smoke.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
As an add on, similar in nature I think:
H.R. 875 - Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009
[www.govtrack.us...]

This will eliminate ALL organic farms in the U.S. and will ensure that all food is treated with pesticides or genetically modified.
Farms that do not comply, if this is passed as is, will be fined $1,000,000 A DAY until they comply!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive
According to HR 2159
HR 2159, which means House of Representatives Bill #2159, is currently making it's way through the House, and on to become a law if passed.
This bill would deem anyone who does any of the following as a domestic terrorist and strip them of numerous rights including owning a gun.
(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; ... Read More
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

according to (i) (ii), and (C)
under these bills, that would mean that all government elected officials, senators and congressmen are guilty just by passing the laws to start, then by the usual means of sneaking and forcing laws through, so does that mean we as Americans can arrest them? They are guilty of breaking these laws just by the very act of passing them

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
These bills could be really bad for us if they do pass. I have also been following them on govtrack . These laws kinda remind me of how it was in the book 1984. Regardless of what those bills define as terrorism, I am not a terrorist. Even if I might fit under some of their over generalizations thus mentioned. But they could still come after everyone of us if they wanted.

new topics

top topics

join