It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A family friend refers me to psychiatric care for talking about NWO

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
I try not to tell certain people about it because schizophrenia runs in my family and such delusions can be common with people that need psychiatric help,...
[edit on 22-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

My sentiments exactly. After a couple generations of my family died in the state asylum, I have to pick and choose the topics to discuss with them. My hippie parents and I are in tune, my father more than my mother, but my siblings and I are polar opposites in this regard. One brother is completely convinced that even if it was real there is nothing to do about "them." My half sister is all about the pills and chasing the buck, and my half brother is damn near my antithesis... Born again, ex-army, republican, neo-conservative, SUV driving Halliburton employee... He doesn't understand any of the government machinations, and blames everything on the crazy liberals. Hopefully that kid with cancer whose parents are refusing treatment isn't a ploy to be able to medicate ANYONE a doctor deems necessary... Are we NWO-Schizo?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Those who believe in the NWO seem intent to use the beliefs of others as some sort of evidence. But, seeing a video of Alex Jones does not constitute proof of anything. Several others believing the same thing does not make it true. I have yet to see any definitive evidence for a NWO elite group of people. Such proof just doesn't exist.

-------------------------------------------------
Most people use the beliefs of others to explain their own ideas better. I believe in something very similar to what David Icke speaks about. But, I came to my own beliefs before I even heard about David Icke. Still, I would use some of his quotes to get a point out because he might be more coherent than I could be, and there is nothing wrong with that.

And simple proof of the existence of the New World Order other than on the dollar bill; youtube the name of most prominent political leaders and "New World Order". George Bush, Obama, Gorbachev, Bush Sr., Clinton...etc.

How can you deny the existence of the creation of a New World Order, when the political elite are on video stating that they are setting up just that?

[edit on 23-5-2009 by flysse]

[edit on 23-5-2009 by flysse]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

Wow, what was that persons problem?? They sound like they are so far stuck with their head in the sand they can see China,lol. Sounds like that person is brainwashed, I would probably end up in a argument with that person if it was me.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkm1864
Now I do have a friend that is a truck driver and ... He called me three months later after watching Money as Debt and We were 100% in tune after that.

A truck driver seems like an easy sell for alternative topics. They are used to being royally screwed over by the D.O.T. and cops in general.

Anybody else got friends who drive a truck? Clue them in.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
How do you interpret these three images?

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

Do I win something for my views on your pics

1) The first one looks like the guy down the street from me, he used to do this sort of stuff now he uses other methods to hear the word of god.

2) Someone trying to make a small rocket, unsuccessfuly.

3) Someone re-enacting a scene from Buckaroo Bonzai.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Yes, you win a piece of mind. You are sane friend!

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
My own parents and brothers, you talk about this stuff, they look at me with that funny look, but I talk to my 88 year old gramma and she sees it all.

She also thinks the flu virus is man made, and sees what is going in the world.
We had an hour discussion this morning on the phone.

I just think poeple choose their delusion because they can not face the truth.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
My own parents and brothers, you talk about this stuff, they look at me with that funny look, but I talk to my 88 year old gramma and she sees it all. She also thinks the flu virus is man made, and sees what is going in the world. We had an hour discussion this morning on the phone. I just think poeple choose their delusion because they can not face the truth.

Amatrine, that's actually very refreshing. It's nice to know that anyone, even older people can wake up to this and it's not just something that effects younger people. It seems to effect anyone that is willing to have an open mind and invite the information into themselves.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Accept it: There are those who will never, ever "wake up"

What happened in Nazi Germany? Did they "wake up?" NO! The allied forces had to convene to stop Hitler. By the time of the proverbial "last straw," the only ones in the know will be in a camp or too afraid to speak about it.

They don't want to wake up. These people will gladly sell you out and inform the gov about you, even if it doesn't do them any good. They will be decieved into thinking it's right. And foolish good people are capable of anything they consider to be right, even if its actually wrong. Its all about the status quo, and when that changes for the worse, so too will they.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
She was soo disturbed, later on the day she called back just to ask whether they had called yet.

Just a heads-up for people here on being careful on who you tell about the NWO.

dude if that woman was so noisy about your nwo deal i would call her my self and insulted her in so many ways imaginable that it would make her cry for mommy .like if she would tell my perents that i need to see a shrink i would tell her directly a very common bosnian saying which goes off by telling someone to go back to his/her mommys u know what ... now thats just for starters ...latter the heavy artillery would come in

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
n Wow! Yeah I get told I am crazy too and I just say that I'm certified crazy and if they want proof I will show them the papers..lol I cant even discuss some of the things I believe with my best friend of 20 years! We have VERY different beliefs but are still very good friends, we just dont discuss certain topics together.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
My own parents and brothers, you talk about this stuff, they look at me with that funny look, but I talk to my 88 year old gramma and she sees it all.

She also thinks the flu virus is man made, and sees what is going in the world.
We had an hour discussion this morning on the phone.

I just think poeple choose their delusion because they can not face the truth.

Really? Do you even know what "the truth" is? There IS no TRUTH.

Please... people choose their delusion because they want to be right... it's as simple as that...

We are nothing but a bunch of ugly monkeys jumping around and screaming, and you think your 88 YO gramma has a corner on the market of wisdom? My 88 YO gramma believes there is actually a hell because she saw lava coming out of volcanoes.

Please...

[edit on 24-5-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
It is a more common reaction than you might think.

We are indocrinated to not be critical beings , and just accept things as they are.
So most people think "they would never do this" or "that would be too unethical". Some people believe it is okay to do some scams to the company they are working for , but those people that deal with water , food , medicines and other basic things to the human being "oh no , they would NEVER do that".

People scam each other on a daily basis , because the system requires them to do that , either that or just live an honest life , barely having money to survive , having to resort to loans and having to work in an even more slavish manner.It is a sad situation the one we are in.

A bit off topic now:

I would like to share a story that was told me by my father. He went to the water treatment station in a city of Rio de Janeiro State (Brazil) to take care of some business.

He spent some days going there , and found out that the measurement system of the place was out of order , and the place would need about 30 trucks of chloride per day to treat the water. Only that what happenned was , one truck , and ONE only would go back and forth 30 times a day and would finally unload its cargo at the end of this scam voyage.

He then confronted the one responsible for the water treatment station , and the conversation went like this:

Q:"Do YOU drink this water?

A:"What , you think I'm crazy?"

Q:"Do you tell anyone that you are doing this?"

A:"Of course not."

Q:"Did you know that your whole family and millions of other people drink this water?"

A:"Yes , I do."

Q:"Then you are most likely out of your mind.

Of course , the guy was making tons of money out of the ghost chloride trucks.

My father then went to the superior of that scum and just said "Well you know , the water system treatment's measure system seems to be broken , you might want to check it out , before a scandal breaks out...."

Needless to say the superior fixed it out of fear of being exposed , but he was ALSO FULLY AWARE that this kind of thing was taking place , and probably had his share in it also.

Sorry for going a bit out of topic , but I felt it would be a nice story to share with those that feel skeptical that scams like this go on everywhere , regardless of how unethical they may seem to be.

Back on topic , my father is a very aware person , and I can usually openly talk to him about conspiracy theories , and he is open to all kinds of possibilities. "That is what life taught me and also to be discreet." he told me.

My mother is the mega positive person that denies most of all , not completely sheeple , but she fall in the category that "people would never go THAT far out in being unethical" , also believes everything that is told on TV and newspapers.

My brother is half awaken , he knows it but does not care , and prefers to go back to sleep.

My sister is completely unaware and lives in the illusion.

My wife is also rather open minded but does not like to discuss too much these topics that fall out of "normal" range , she says it's not it , but I strongly believe she would just rather go back to sleep as well.

None of them would EVER bring out the topic normally in a conversation though , for fear of being labeled lunatics ... maybe my father would but not openly.

Me , well , I have always been the calm person that would think logically and analytically , but I was sooo into my own studies that I would never stop to really criticize the world and things as they are. Thoughts would pass my mind but I would just ignore them , not denying them though , "saving for later". It was a reading of the Allies of Humanity material (which I actually giggled at , the first time I read) that got me thinking , I thought to myself that maybe it was about time that I paid more attention to my surroundings rather than be simply lost in my own affairs.

In my own experiences with this subject , I also found that to talk about this as normal as possible , without giving your whole hard-worked point of view works better. The person has to form his/hers own opinion. If they do not give a crap at all , don't bother too much , it is useless , it is not time they wake up yet , put simply.

Another thing I would like to add is : do not fear information , it is just what it is , information. Rather turn that fear into love and concern so that you can think of constructive ways to change things for the better.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
It makes you wonder, though, whats it going to take

to wake those people up??

I cant wait to see what the 'last straw' is.

maybe a gunshot wound to the neck?

just a thought. some people breathe this type of society an will go to the breakers without a peep. shouldn't concern the survivors, should it? if you plan on surviving, maybe you all should learn who will listen and who only wants confirmation of their existing cartoonish belief set.

beware of people who appear to feign interest, they might be trying to snitch...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Point well taken. I have had to "seed" neighbors and be careful of what I say. Like you said , nip it in the butt now....make sure that nut is not worried about you, lie to her , and then drop contact.
Those sheep are everywhere so look out folks. unseen enemy

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You obviously scared the hair off your friend. I think it scared her so much, she didn't know how else to react. I have learned to be very careful on who I talked too. Some can disagree with my ideas, but still have a good talk about it without any over reactions. But some just freak out and think you need some serious meds and a life. I remember talking with a friend of mine about the possible connection of aliens and ancient civilization, and she demanded I stop because I was scarring her and that it was offending her catholic beliefs. I have even had one person bring a bible to me the day after talking about this sort of stuff and tried to get me to sit down and learn how I can get saved for I am playing into the devils hands by allowing him to brainwash my mind with those dirty evil thoughts." That was amusing. But hopefully you friend doesn't try to take things too far, the last thing you want is to be running down the street trying to get a way from psychiatrists chasing you.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I really don't think you can be sent into psychiatric care for believing in conspiracy theories, so I have nothing to worry about. It's not whether she informs on me, it's as somebody said earlier, its what number she rings. At the moment there is no number to inform on potential enemy combatants, but if there was one, I am pretty sure that is who she would be ringing. Reactions like those of her puzzle me, because I don't understand how somebody would react so personally to what somebody else believes. They would actually go out of their way, make it their own issue and take actions. I think that is a sign that somebody is not fulfilled in their life.

I have never really understood why people take their ego so seriously. I mean at the end of the day ones opinions, beliefs and ideas are not actually set in stone, they change all the time. Some people completely define themselves in terms of certain opinions, beliefs and ideas, and close their mind off to anything else. This is quite sad, because life is a constant learning experience, and if we stop learning, we really are stopping living. This is what Sartre's calls, "living in bad faith" People should remain openminded to new experiences, new ideas, and new opinions.

Okay, so life as it is going on right now seems "normal" everything is working. The schools and colleges are open, banks are open, shops and businesses are open. You have friends, and you have cinemas, bars and clubs to go to pass your time. Most people settle into their regular routines and live the same routine day in and day out.

But what happens if the next day the economy collapses, banks close, schools and colleges close, shops and businesses close, cinemas, bars and clubs close. Then that precious routine people have, that common life they accept and expect is no longer the case. Well, it does not take an economic expert to tell us that the economy is collapsing, banks are closing, schools and colleges are being affected, shops are closing down etc and once there is total collapse it is not difficult to imagine the chaos that will ensue in society. The people who have become so attached to their precious routines will be the most traumatized by such an event, they will become psychotic. The people who are not attached to routines, who remain open to new experienes and change, will cope with it. It is just another experience.

What people seem to forget is that the world is constantly changing, nothing is permenant in this world, and thus nothing can be taken for granted. Too many people live under a false security of freedom, but what they don't realise is that if the possibility is there that this freedom can be taken away from them, that it WILL actually happen. What can happen, will eventually happen. Today we are living in a world which resembles the the world of WW2, particularly pre-Nazi Germany just before the ascent of the Nazi rule. The same history is repeating itself, the same conditions are present, but if I tell people this, they respond, "It could never happen again"

Why the hell not? We have a government today that has gradually stripped away all our civil liberties, that is making ID cards mandatory that will connect you to a central state database, that can detain us indefinitely without warrant and without evidence, you have government officials announcing plans to detain citizens as enemy combattants, we have bills passed which broadly categorise any protesting or dissenting as terrorism and and we have fully operational FEMA concentration camps. All of the infrastructure is in place, all that is needed is an executive order to end our lifestyle. What makes us think it cant happen? It's happened in the past when these conditions were present, so there is no reason to believe it cannot happen again. In fact, if we connect the dots, not only can it happen, it is very likely to happen.

Our forefathers fought very hard to get us our freedoms, many patriots were killed fighting for it, but they succeded in the end. What is very sad our current generation does not at all appreciate those freedoms and has signed them all away for a false sense of security. We have signed our own death warrent and future generations are going to hate us for it.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just my two cents, but no matter what you believe about a new world order or whatever, try to maintain a sense of humour and perspective.

I know they say "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you." but if someone starts seeing everybody who thinks they're a bit nutty as a potential "informant"... well at such a point one ought to consider the possibility that their paranoia has reached unhealthy levels.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It really sounds like you are just trying very hard to be right.

You seem sane, but you do appear to have an obsession with the NWO stuff...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
First thing I came to think of was, since she believes the OP to need mental care just because he believe something, what is her view of all the millions out there who believe in a invisible being up there in the clouds that calls himself God.

Does she mean that they also need mental care???

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Akezzon]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join