It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A family friend refers me to psychiatric care for talking about NWO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I thought I would share this because it is hilarious. My family were telling a friend about what I've been saying about the coming NWO, possible WW3 and depopulation agendas, and were shocked by the way she reacted. Her response was, "He must be sent into psychiatric care at once, he is obviously depressed" she reacted in such a knee-jerk manner it actually ended up depressing my family. They assured her that I was completely sane, functional and content, but the friend continued to push, "No, phone the psychiatrist now, he needs help" my family got worried that she would inform on me, so they said to her, "Yeah, we'll call them ourselves" She was soo disturbed, later on the day she called back just to ask whether they had called yet.

I think it is pretty obvious whose the real one who needs psychiatric care. My family was so shocked by her reaction they are not going to talk to her again.
It really made me think back to Germany during WW2 and how people would inform on innocent people and get them into trouble for just having different views.

Just a heads-up for people here on being careful on who you tell about the NWO.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
you're delusional and need help.

your family's friend obviously has deep-rooted endearments to and/or blind trusts in the status quo.

While you haven't mention that which was conveyed to them, with regards your thoughts pertaining to NWO theories and whatnot, it Would seem a bit presumptuous for them to recommend "treatment or counselling" based solely on that alone.

+8 more 
posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Your "friend" ought to do a web search on "NWO" news and maybe get a little enlightened. People like her scare me. I hope it doesn't go any further, but you never know what someone with a self-righteous do good-er attitude is capable of doing. She might be burning up the phone lines as we speak.

Don't be surprised if others start acting strangely toward you.

Personally, I'd nip it in the bud and set her straight. Take it from someone whose been the topic of unkind rumors/gossip.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

you I get the same reaction by people when I bring up some of the things I belive in, good luck whith the doc and all. I think this goes to show that there are still plenty of Americans who have there head in the ground still.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Eeeks that's crazy! (Wrong choice of words!?) I suppose it's because it's easy to accuse us of being paranoid. I think you can be mildly paranoid without developing a psychosis.

If someone hasn't done the research it can sound a bit kooky, especially in older people ( I assume here?) and she also may think you're in some kind of cult or brainwashing programme.

At least this lady cares for you, otherwise she wouldn't be so concerened, even if the concern is a little over the top.

Good luck!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hi Indigo, you poor thing.

Hon, you're telling my story. I have been told not to speak about anything like that by my sons and my mother and brother. Not only dont they want to hear it, but I am NEVER to embarrass the family by talking such nonsense!

My husband doesnt want to hear it, nor do my friends, so i am left alone with my MENTAL CONDITION and ATS.

:shk:

EDIT to add that I am considered a smart person and not known for delusional problems. So its not that i have a propensity to be crazy.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Don't you know, the "New World Order" does not exist?

You had better watch out for this person, they seem to know a thing or two about psychiatrists, you may find yourself a Form-52 if you're not careful.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hi indigo,

That lady needs to take a chill pill and mind her own business.

One of my sons is on the same wavelength as me
but the other two and my husband just listen in awe and are very skeptical. I keep my opinions to myself in company that does know know me all that well.

My friends? They have always known I am crazy

At the end of the day consider that your are blessed enough to be enlightened and able to think for yourself.

take care all
res

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
yeah..about the WW3 you may be delusional ... but ...

NWO is OBVIOUS .... ANYONE with half of a brain could take this conclusion from the reports from the meetings around the globe ...

we just dont know if this would be a good or a bad thing ... who knows, but that they want to do something, yes, they want ....

NONONO, they are meeting to talk about sex, drugs and rock and roll ... I dont think so ... .

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have a problem with folks too.
My sons are so naive.
When I talk about 911 or all the poisons in our food, I'm told that "they" just wouldn't do that.
If it was bad "they" wouldn't allow it.
I'm branded "negative", always talking about bad things.
Hardly a day goes by that there is not some news about the effects of GM food or the chemicals in processed foods, which I feel they need to know.
They seem to not want to know.

I quit talking to co-workers a long time ago.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I try not to tell certain people about it because schizophrenia runs in my family and such delusions can be common with people that need psychiatric help, so they give me funny looks when I discuss it; but to assume that someone is crazy just for believing in a conspiracy theory is really ridiculous. All creeds of people have believed in several different conspiracy theories for centuries.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Sorry Indigo that your family friend acted so negatively. It's a wake up call for all of us though. At some point we need to be more discreet about who we try to 'awaken' and how we do it.

I discuss these topics (or most of them) with my SO all the time, she helps me make plans and makes sure they are done on the schedule.

Other family members I am way more careful about talking to, especially my sister who is a believer in the 'gov't works for us' mindset. Some others in the family tree work in jobs that it would be very bad to tell them my beliefs and thoughs on these subjects. I recently started getting a friend and the monster in law to read some literature, both are starting to research on there own. I never talk about these things with co-workers for very good reasons.

Actually I had a funny experience when my oldest was talking to the neigbours kid (both under 10) and the other kid was telling mine about the NWO and the coming apocolypse. I don't talk about these things in front of my kids because I don't need them talking at school and then getting a visit from child services. I talked to my neighbours and found out they were preparing in totally different ways than me, but it was still interesting to pass info back and forth. They believe the NWO and WW3 are coming but that the rapture will come at the same time... me I like to prepare rather than wait for god to rescue me.

Anyways, I think we should all learn a lesson here to be more careful and concerned about safety and what we say to who. I think the day when people like us will be sent to camps is coming closer and it's better to have awoken one less person than to be in the first group rounded up.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It makes you wonder, though, whats it going to take

to wake those people up??

I cant wait to see what the 'last straw' is.

+2 more 
posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I believe a quote from The Matrix will make my point for me

"You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

That pretty much says it all, it sounds like this family "friend" is defending the system from a potential trouble maker...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yeah, it's the same with me. I have told my best friend, and she does not want to listen to it, "it is depressing" I have told some friends, one is open minded and has listened to some of what I have said, the others are incredulous and even hostile. The same reasons, "That could never happen", "they are protecting us", "There could never be a WW3 because nobody would use nukes", some even say, "The economy has not collapsed, it's only a temporal recession, they said it will get better soon" and if somebody does listen, they retort, "But what we do? Just live your life and if it starts, it starts for everybody" I will broadly categorise these opinions as the sheep-mind.

I have given up telling others now. Not only is it pointless to do so, but the reactions you get for your courtesy in trying to help your fellow citizen is discouraging.

Edit. Another sheep-mind view, "Where are you getting your information from, the internet? Anybody could say anything on the internet. It's not valid." Right, and I suppose CNN is?

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i think the reason people usually take me seriously because of several things

first i gauge their level of political knowledge by finding out a few things about them

after i see they believe in the "system" i then use the own system's ideology against itself, as a form of converting them towards the truth

rather than throwing a frog in a pot of boiling water, i throw it in cold water, then i slowly turn the temp up...so the frog wont jump out

this actually works wonders and many people now question the govt because of my meddling....

[edit on 22-5-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Edit. Another sheep-mind view, "Where are you getting your information from, the internet? Anybody could say anything on the internet. It's not valid." Right, and I suppose CNN is?

I'll admit that used to be me a few years ago, I figured if it was on CNN it was correct. Then a noticed a few local reports that I had first hand knowledge of reported wrong. Then I noticed some MSM reports that I at first though were just bad journalism. Then I had a friend I hadn't seen in a decade (but ran into while traveling for work) tell me she had given up her dream of being a journalist because at the paper she was working at the editor regularily told them to change stories and edit things to incredibley slant the stories in a specific direction. She also told me about how the paper regularily made up stories by using a paid 'unnamed source', always the same one no mater the topic or story.

So I'd like to say this now
'Hi, I'm Exile and I used to be a sheeple. I've been mostly awake for 2 years and I've avoided going back to sleep for 6 months now.'

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I don't even bother discussing any of this sort of thing with anyone. I have one connection and that is the only outlet I have.(outside of the internet).

In the past, any mention of conspiracy's was usually met with humor and scoffing. I think the general public views anyone with such ideas as they would the crazy guy on the street corner holding "the end is near" sign.

The question is......

Is that guy on the street corner really crazy?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlaveThe question is......

Is that guy on the street corner really crazy?

By societies standards yes he is, he may fit in on ATS but society would deem him crazy. It's like the old statement of

'It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you', but society as it currently stands would treat you like a crazy even if they could see evidence that someone was trying to kill you.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Edit: Never mind!

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join