It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before saying its torture

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
....and it is nothing compared to what I would do if I needed to get information from these SOB's that attacked my country or conducted terrorists activities against Americans.
These prisoners don't know what torture is. Yet!

That's funny, last time I looked it was you who invaded their country.

If water boarding didn't work, as it wouldn't if it really was not torture, then why would everybody be using it?

Also what is worst, pain from other torture methods, or thinking you are drowning to death? The panic bought on from thinking you are dying can be far worse than any physical torture.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This doesn't prove it is torture. It proves that it is an effective technique.

You have got to be the worst of the worst to be waterboarded. It is not used on just anyone.

I can't believe people are freaking out on a technique that was used on just 3 people. Also, why won't Obama release the results of this technique?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Same thing happens with some of the MSNBC staff when someone tries to suggest something negative about Obama.

Couldn't agree more.

Sometimes I will switch between MSNBC and Fox News just to see how they are covering the news for that day.

Both are so biased...and both spin the facts and leave out information...and in turn both channels destroy their credibility.

If only those who watch either one of those channels exclusively watched the other and truly listened to how things are presented...they'd see that most everything is a half truth with BS stacked on top of it.

But i've noticed an eerie similarity between the two lately...

Not much difference on the war front.

It wasn't like that a few months ago.

What happened to the anti-war movement?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
This doesn't prove it is torture. It proves that it is an effective technique.

You're kidding right? Did you read what I just posted above?

If it is effective then it IS torture, otherwise how would it be effective?

You have got to be the worst of the worst to be waterboarded. It is not used on just anyone.

Oh, you know this how?

I can't believe people are freaking out on a technique that was used on just 3 people....

Again how do you know how many people it's been used on?

[edit on 22-5-2009 by CityIndian]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

The position your body is in forces the water down your throat. It simulates drowning. I think those who don't think its torture think the same way you do. It looks rather innocuous.

+5 more 
posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hey Kids, Try This At Home!

Props to Mancow for having the personal and intellectual integrity to experience waterboarding for himself, and for having the temerity and showmanship to do so publicly, on tape, as well.

I heartily encourage anyone who doesn't consider this torture to try it at home. Make a video of it, just like Mancow, and settle the question for yourself.

That's right, go for it! Prove you're right!

Demonstrate by example that this is something a civilized nation, which prides itself on liberty and justice, should be performing on captives without due process of law.

Explain how you really don't mind the idea of captured U.S. military personnel being subjected to waterboarding, how it's not torture, and therefore perfectly fine to practice on U.S. soldiers.

Or heck, why stop there? Why not approve it for all U.S. citizens during police questioning? Sure, just answer a few questions downtown for us please, Mr. or Mrs. America. You can have an attorney present, but you will be waterboarded.

Would you really be okay with that? Would they be?

Or is it really all the sort of hypocrisy it appears to be on its face?

Does Sean Hannity truly think it's okay to waterboard U.S. troops? If so, what sort of "friend of the military" would that make him?

If it's not okay, then why not? Why not if isn't it torture?

People can make all sorts of lame and unconvincing arguments about how waterboarding is not torture, all of which require gross ignorance or patent dishonesty about what constitutes torture.

So why not "take the plunge" and prove it's not?

Or would such an exercise come too uncomfortably close to Denying Ignorance?

(Just my personal opinion, nothing more.)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
It's nothing to have to apologize for, just like I won't apologize for what you believe.

Then secure your opinions about the topic. Just because you believe one thing doesn't make everyone else wrong.

My focus was mainly upon the thousands of innocent people we have killed, not so much the technical name for the way we killed them, sorry for not making that clear.

Yeah, the US military is just machinegunning innocents all the time. How come no one seems to blame the insurgents that are killing women and children in the marketplace on an almost daily basis? That's where your "thousands" are coming from.

I don't know about soldiers, I was thinking more about BS like this: www.democracynow.org...

Don't know about Soldiers, but it's oh, so easy to blame them.

At any rate, how many of the people that they detain get any kind of court hearing? You don't support those either, I guess.

Court hearing? These aren't LA gangbangers or some guy that jacked your car. And even a Crip should get more protection and court guidence than an captured insurgent. The Crip is a US citizen protected by the Constitution; the insurgent ain't.

Let me guess, you think I'm a democrat.

Really don't care what you are. It's doesn't matter.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
"Enhanced Interegation Techniques"= torture. Guess what? They did it to us during Viet Nam, and we did it to them. It is torture, but it is nothing compared to what the Egyptians did when we turned some prisoners over to them, and it is nothing compared to what I would do if I needed to get information from these SOB's that attacked my country or conducted terrorists activities against Americans.
These prisoners don't know what torture is. Yet!

See it is this type of "but it's not as bad as..." rhetoric which unfortunately is nothing more than people showing their own ignorance.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Excellent idea Majic!

I think it's thread worthy.

Let's see ATS users waterboard themselves and put it up on video for all too see.

If you don't think it's not a big deal....put it up on video and show how tough you are!

If it's nothing it shouldn't be a problem for the naysayers!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Mancow didn't mastermind the killing of over 3,000 Americans and brag about beheading Daniel Pearl.

Again, this is the liberal idea that we can fight a clean war against an enemy that has no rules. This is a fantasy and war is dirty.

It's just like when liberals try to compare mass murderers to babies in the womb.

They are the ones that have no moral compass because they have no judgment. They think everything is gray and there are no terrorist just misguided souls.

Do you see how long it took KSM to hold out with waterboarding and Mancow couldn't last a few seconds. This means KSM had strong will and this is why I think America is in trouble.

War is about will. If your enemy has the will to win at all cost and you want to live in a liberal fantasy land then you're in trouble.

Mancow being waterboarded is senseless. Of course it's tough but you're facing a tough and determined enemy and sometimes the end justify the means or you will be blown to bits.

That's not scare tactics, that's reality. If we get attacked again the same people will be crying for these tactics because values don't win wars. They never have.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by platosallegory]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Explain how you really don't mind the idea of captured U.S. military personnel being subjected to waterboarding, how it's not torture, and therefore perfectly fine to practice on U.S. soldiers.

As myself and many others have said here, I was waterboarded in SERE training. It's not torture. It sucks, but if that was all I'd have to face if I were captured, I'd sleep easy at night.

I mean, we can always ask the Soldiers that were captured by the insurgents what they went thru. Wait, we can't do that. They were executed.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
I heartily encourage anyone who doesn't consider this torture to try it at home. Make a video of it, just like Mancow, and settle the question for yourself.

Waterboarding is NOT torture.
Bamboo under fingernails IS torture.
Cutting off heads IS torture.
Burning flesh and hanging from a bridge IS torture.
Hammer to toes and fingers IS torture.
Waterboarding is NOT torture. Waterboarding is mental and not physical.

Just because waterboarding is not pleasant, doesn't mean it is torture.
Good grief!

What a bunch of little girls if you think waterboarding is torture. I guess with the feminization of males, this is to be expected. Sad, just sad.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by platosallegory
Mancow didn't mastermind the killing of over 3,000 Americans and brag about beheading Daniel Pearl.

No, but neither did Iraq, or Afghanistan. So what's your point?

Again, this is the liberal idea that we can fight a clean war against an enemy that has no rules. This is a fantasy and war is dirty.

No the idea is we should not be fighting a war for oil in the first place so that there wouldn't be terrorists attacking Americans.

Maybe in our past history instead of controlling the middle east to keep the west wealthy, and to keep the then very wealthy middle east from developing, we all worked together non of this would have ever had to happen and we wouldn't all be slaves to the fossil fuel economy.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

If its not torture, then why did we help prosecute the Japanese for it after WW2?

link   
reply to post by sos37

I do not hate my country. I love it and I chose to serve... and I served honorably. Yet according to you just because I believe that we should abide by the laws and treaties that we sign, that we should abide by the ideals we proclaim... that somehow I hate it is the height of hubris...

You sir are an arrogant fool... but then most fools are arrogant.

link   
Why do we need unintelligent radio disc jockeys to make asses out of themselves to prove that waterboarding is torture?

We know it's torture, we don't need these nutjobs trying to get ratings.

link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by sos37

We are a nation of laws that is what is supposed to make us different from the rest of the world... we willingly signed the Geneva conventions and we have not withdrawn from them... therefore like it or not they are the law of the land... and they define water boarding as torture... hence we broke the law.

BTW I willingly served my country... and I resent your insinuation that just because I my opinion on this differs from yours that somehow I don't love my country.

Did you serve or are you one did you like Cheney have other things to do and is instead another arm chair blow hard warrior?

[edit on 22-5-2009 by grover]

I also served, but as far as I knew, we weren't signators to the Geneva Convention. While we agree to it, we didn't sign it. I'll follow up to make sure that I'm right, but I distictly remember our USAF briefings about the subject.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
What a bunch of little girls if you think waterboarding is torture. I guess with the feminization of males, this is to be expected. Sad, just sad.

Ah so we can expect your YouTube video any time now?

Juts to help you get the technique right...

science.howstuffworks.com...

We will be waiting...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by its bologna
reply to post by WhatTheory

If its not torture, then why did we help prosecute the Japanese for it after WW2?

You do realize that the Japanese version of waterboarding is not the same as what we currently think of waterboarding right? Their method was deadly.

If it is torture, then I guess our military tortures it's own soldiers since it is part of their training.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

No I did not say that at all.... you are very good at thinking you know what people are not saying but you are wrong...

I was saying if I have to spell it out to you is that you sound like one of those arm chair warriors who are brave with other people's lives... who are oh so gungho with their little flag flying from their car but would never consider putting their own lives on the line.

A cowardly lion in other words.

So I will take your avoidance of my question about your service as a no.

Happy Memorial day.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by grover]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join