Thanks for the thread!!
And thanks for the video as well!!!
WATERBOARDING IS TORTURE.
If you feel like you are drowning...then you feel like you are DYING.
How can anyone sit here and say that it's not torture.
Do it to yourself if you are such a hardass and believe it's not a big deal.
There is a reason they USE IT YA KNOW.
BECAUSE IT'S TORTURE.
tor⋅ture [tawr-cher] Show IPA noun, verb, -tured, -tur⋅ing.
1. the act of inflicting excruciating pain, as punishment or revenge, as a means of getting a confession or information, or for sheer cruelty.
2. a method of inflicting such pain.
3. Often, tortures. the pain or suffering caused or undergone.
4. extreme anguish of body or mind; agony.
5. a cause of severe pain or anguish.
–verb (used with object)
6. to subject to torture.
7. to afflict with severe pain of body or mind: My back is torturing me.
8. to force or extort by torture: We'll torture the truth from his lips!
9. to twist, force, or bring into some unnatural position or form: trees tortured by storms.
10. to distort or pervert (language, meaning, etc.).
Now get over it!
By the way...I've never cared for Mancow. I used to get his radio show when i lived near chicago...haven't listen to him since i was a teenager.
he didn't come off as a Conservative talk show host...but then again...I wasn't listening for the politics as I didn't care for that kind of thing
[edit on 22-5-2009 by David9176]