It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before saying its torture

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Yeah all those who are cavalier about torture obviously haven't had it happen to them... think about it though... waterboarding simulates drowning... having come close to drowning a couple of times in my life and I can say without equivocation that it is a terrifying experience and even if you know that you aren't drowning... your body doesn't and will react like it does... with panic.

True. When I was 12 I was in a bath tub playing sliding up and down. As you can guess I got stuck with my nose under water just a centimeter or so. The bath room was locked and beside that it was not as if I could scream.

My shoulders were stuck and some how I knew to free myself. It was a horrible experience!

Of course that waterboarding is meant as torture and beside how does the person undergoing knows when that will change into real drowning? If he knows at all it is "just" waterboarding (who invented that term anyway?).

It is an illusion to think that the US will denounce torture. Won't happen, what ever Obama says. In an ideal world maybe. The world is far from dieal.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by QueenofWeird]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The idea that water boarding has only been employed by The Agency only 3 times strikes me as naive.... I witnessed it used by them on more people than that in a very short period of time over 40 years ago. The company command post that I was attached to was moved from the roofless little schoolhouse we had spent the night in so that it could be done to a half dozen pretty young girls that were said to be involved with enemy soldiers.... I never heard if any useful information was acquired, but I am sure that what happened that day created a tremendous amount of ill will toward our cause.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The Price Of Freedom

I deplore and reject the argument that abuse or maltreatment of prisoners of any country -- especially the United States -- is somehow justified by the perceived necessities of the moment.

This is wrong. We're better than this.

Suggestions to the contrary are a grave insult to the United States and its people.

(Just my personal opinion, nothing more.)

You said exactly what I was thinking. Why are people so caught up in the semantics of "torture"? It is abuse! And, I've never seen proof that it's effective. I'm supposed to trust those in charge that they are making the best decisions to protect America?

Seems like they've done far more to embarrass Americans than help.

Also, would it be okay for another country to waterboard our military men and women? Or, use a means of interrogation that their leaders have approved as effective by their standards?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

This guy who is testifying is the former Interrogation Tactical Instructor for the U.S. Navy. Pretty interesting video.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Star and flagged because I'm still laughing! Whether it's physical or psychological, torture is torture.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by Majic
I heartily encourage anyone who doesn't consider this torture to try it at home. Make a video of it, just like Mancow, and settle the question for yourself.

Waterboarding is NOT torture.
Bamboo under fingernails IS torture.
Cutting off heads IS torture.
Burning flesh and hanging from a bridge IS torture.
Hammer to toes and fingers IS torture.
Waterboarding is NOT torture. Waterboarding is mental and not physical.

Just because waterboarding is not pleasant, doesn't mean it is torture.
Good grief!

What a bunch of little girls if you think waterboarding is torture. I guess with the feminization of males, this is to be expected. Sad, just sad.

Give me an hour and a waterboard with you, I will make you accept you murdered JOHN F KENNEDY. Enuff said

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Futree Vous]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Waterboarding is NOT torture.
IF it was torture, then I guess the military tortures it's own troops since it is part of their training.
IF it was torture, that Shiek fellow would be dead since he got the treatment something like 83 times.

Waterboarding is mental and not physical. Apparently Mancow is not mentally tough.

OK, So sticking bamboo shoots under your fingernails must not be torture either

they dont die, its just mental....sure

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Line up all the conservatives talk show hosts one by one. Hannity first, then Limbaugh, then O'Reily. This is hilarious, I wonder if there's a YouTube of this anywhere. Who hears the graphic descriptions of waterboarding, all the uproar about it, and is stupid enough to say "That's not torture, do it to me?" I don't know what's funnier the fact that these people deny it or the fact that this guy crumbled so fast.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yeah, now imagine ahving no choice but to continue. Imagine having now out. Imagine them not stopping if you drop that "cow"...

Six seconds. He was lucky he was in a position wher ehe could end it anytime. Other people are forced to do this and it goes on whether they like it or not.

I hope Mr. hannity sees that article. Six seconds Mr. Hannity. Six seconds was all it took to get this man to change his mind and agree it is torture.

I have heard a quote about this from another person who did it to prove it WAS torture.

"Waterboarding is not the simulation of drowning. It is drowning with the simulation of dying."

Waterboarding is torture. I am sure that if Sean is stupid enough to go through with this as well, it will not take him any longer than 6 seconds either.

Waterboarding is torture.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Sadly... for SOME on the right, their morality and patriotism is conditional...

With all things being equal, I have serious doubts that if Al Gore were president when 9/11 happened... not all of them would have rallied around their president in the aftermath like we Democrats did bush minor...

Even I wrote a letter to the editor in support of him after 9/11.

... and I believe that SOME would react with a morbid glee should another attack happen on Obama's watch instead of rallying around the president...

Why?

Because he is not a conservative Republican and that is all.

I stress SOME because not all conservatives are that narrow minded and ignorant but I am certain that there are some posting on this thread who would be thrilled should another attack while he is president.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A dutch radio dj was waterboarded on tv...check the vid, go to 1 min

[edit on 23/5/2009 by errorist]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
GOOD FOR MANCOW!

The guy put his money where his mouth was and he actually investigated to see what waterboarding really is. Good for him.

Yes, waterboarding is torture. No, I don't care that they did it to THREE terrorists who said they would destroy America and kill Americans.

I'd rather those three terrorists be tortured and our lives saved then have us spare them and Americans die.

I totally agree with you. The opposition beheads prisoners and even journalists with no thought of being "moral". There were many instances of
terrorists targeting American and Americans before we went into Iraq. It would have continued (and still does) even if we had never sent troops. Those who are not afraid of radical Islam are looking through rose colored glasses. They want us either dead or converted to Islam. Bottom line.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Again, this is all LIBERAL NONSENSE.

Where are the tears for the people who died when Obama dropped bombs in Afghanistan an innocent people died?

When Bush did this liberals were in the streets screaming when Obama does it they are all silent.

Again, NOBODY died from waterboarding. KSM and the gang are still at Gitmo enjoying 3 hots and a cot.

Over 300 people died from Tasers in America. You don't here the liberal outrage on this issue.

This is all politics.

The reason that waterboarding works is psychological.

The way you know it works is because Obama will not release the memos that Cheney is talking about. Obama is trying to control the flow of information.

The real liberal argument is that we are to moral to use these tactics. Obama knows he can't win this argument because it's silly to put values before safety in a time of war.

He released the first memo even though his own C.I.A. chief objected and four former heads of the CIA objected and now he says his hands are tied. No there not, the President can release these memos just like he did the first time.

Obama's own intelligence director Former Admiral Dennis Blair said this:

“High value information came from interrogations in which those methods were used and provided a deeper understanding of the al Qa’ida organization that was attacking this country,” Adm. Dennis C. Blair, the intelligence director, wrote in a memo to his staff last Thursday.

Obama tried to black this out of the memo he released. So much for transparency.

Admiral Blair’s assessment that the interrogation methods did produce important information was deleted from a condensed version of his memo released to the media last Thursday.

He said this also:

“I like to think I would not have approved those methods in the past,” he wrote, “but I do not fault those who made the decisions at that time, and I will absolutely defend those who carried out the interrogations within the orders they were given.”

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The bottom line is war is not pretty.

Is this liberal values?

Barack Obama gave the go-ahead for his first military action yesterday, missile strikes against suspected militants in Pakistan which killed at least 18 people.

www.guardian.co.uk...

KSM and others who were waterboarded are still alive and enjoying 3 hots and a cot.

This is just political and liberals can care less about torture. Liberals always create a crisis then claim they will fix it.

It's like health care. Obama now says he needs billions because social security and Medicaire is weighing down the government.

SS and Medicaire are 2 liberal ideas that were supposed to fix everything. Now liberals tell us we are out of money but they need billions to fix these systems they created.

This is the liberal M.O.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

To bad the Geneva Conventions does not apply to the terrorists. Please show me where Al Quaida & the Taliban signed them.

Hi,

The Geneva conventions ( if not then i am pretty sure a few others do) does not specify who you can't and can not torture but. If you sign it it means you will not torture but since most of the text deals with uniformed soldiers the US government basically tried to make a legal argument that they they are not legally obligated NOT to torture people they decide to designate non-uniformed. Beside for the fact that there is a spirit and a letter to the law ( the idea for signature nations were that they would not conduct torture) there is also the fact that to make a the distinction between who you can and 'cant' torture just means that they will classify everyone they believe needs torturing as a 'terrorist'; including you.

Perhaps we can discuss how effective torturing people are in terms of gaining intelligence? When do you know how much they know and they they are starting to make up things to gain a reprive while you attempt to check the data? I mean where do you draw the line? How many fingers can you cut off before your 'certain' they are not just 'fanatic' that will rather die than 'reveal' 'the truth'?

Maybe if torture was effective at yielding information in a war against 'terrorist' ( presuming you don't care how many innocent people you need to torture before you find someone who is guilty or knows something) one could make the argument that 'war is hell' but this is no war and frankly i find the fear of 'terrorist' ridiculous. But perhaps i can afford to think this way because my country isn't bombing their homes and then feigning mock horror when they try to strike back however they can?

I guess i should say something about the morality of it all but i just feel that such a discussion would be wasted on someone who can't see himself ever being branded a 'terrorist' for railing against the Obama 'facism'/'communism'. Funny that you should defend torture by a government that you don't seem to trust as far as you can spit.

Stellar

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Water boarding is not meant to a pleasant experience. The few #&*holes that this was reserved for are very bad people with info that could save many ingrates lives. Call it torture light but it beats the hell out of beheading someone in front of you to extract info. America has became a nation of pussy cats and the bad guys depend on the candy asses in this country to enable there goals!
If they have a terrorist dead to right and no doubt, we should do what it takes to wring info out of them

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaydie
I totally agree with you. The opposition beheads prisoners and even journalists with no thought of being "moral".

Hi,

Where are the journalist when they get 'captured'? Maybe if they stayed home and were not so easily confused with the western media that so often spreads imperialist propaganda they wouldn't get killed? What about all the 'accidental' shootings by American forces of reporters ( also western) who happen to be exposing the other side of the American occupation? That gets covered in most other countries but yes, obviously not where you get to see it.

There were many instances of
terrorists targeting American and Americans before we went into Iraq.

When and where? ALl the US military bases around the world? Your surprised by that? Why not make it harder for the terrorist and move all American soldiers out of reach so they can't rape women ( Japanese or otherwise), shoot/bomb innocent ( as if the people who live there know or care) people and generally do things that might set off the same type of fanatics that would bomb Russian military bases in Texas?

It would have continued (and still does) even if we had never sent troops.

We don't know that and despite very lax security at US ports and airports ( yes, all the frisking and feeling up women in general) has not made American much safer than it used to be. Despite invading two countries and REALLY making the locals angry they have for some reason not yet bothered to set off even ONE car bomb in Washington DC; something a certain timothy guy proved to be quite 'easy' to do. But that doesn't get discussed and neither does the fact that the FBI is still not looking for OBL with relation to 9-11.

Those who are not afraid of radical Islam are looking through rose colored glasses.

The American occupation forces in Iraq is far better armed and apt to invade my country than radical Islam is or soon will be. Please don't lecture us about what we should and should not fear when this current financial ( the Iraq war costs and instability in the oil price) crisis is causing people i know to lose their jobs/lose houses. When 'radical' Islam ( anyone in particular or just those Arab looking folk?) starts building aircraft carriers and enough nuclear weapons to do more than just get themselves destroyed we can all unite to stop that but until then the world will continue to unite against the current 'rogue' nation who insists on shooting and bombing instead of discussing the 'evidence' that always seems to turn out false a few years later.

They want us either dead or converted to Islam. Bottom line.

So why don't they start by bombing Denmark or a less heavily armed nation they can 'subvert' and then use to slowly build their power until they can attack the United States of America? Why do the haters of Islam ( not that i care for any religion) insist that it's worshippers are stupid too? Why can't they be smart like the guys who knowingly lied about WOMD in Iraq and OBL in Afghanistan? Why can't they defeat this 'stupid' radical Islam that no one to this day can prove were responsible for 9-11. Why are you afraid of these 'terrorist' when they are so stunningly incompetent ( no attacks on American soil since 9-11) and , if that was really the case, had to hijack American airplanes for lack of actual weaponry with which to attack you? Why all this fear when they can not even stop you from taking over some of their holiest sites?

How can you say they want to covert us or kill us all when they have died by their hundreds of thousands in these two wars? Your post is entirely devoid of logic and it's just truly frightening to think that there are in fact millions of Americans who share your views and will continue to tacitly support these horrible occupations that have killed many more innocent people than died on 9-11.

Stellar

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
That video of him doing it was the most satisfying thing I've watched in days. Politicians should really be getting waterboarded, especially the ones we've got in the UK.

It's abuse, it's torture, come on America you're better than that. Aren't you?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonicAngelZero
Star and flagged because I'm still laughing! Whether it's physical or psychological, torture is torture.

Totally agree... there are many forms and many techniques of torture.
Torture can start from the simplified all the way to the extreme...torture is torture.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The reason this will more than likely will go under the rug is because many people think these people are the "bad guys".

Great song.

The more we think of different nations citizens being a different species, the easier it will be for us to kill them.

Not saying I am 100% against killing a REAL tyrant, or punishing law breakers, or hating the scum of the streets, but there is a blind hatred toward certain people, and it really has to stop. I am not talking about "terrorist", but foreign citizens as a whole.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
How true that "Americans" dehumanize foreigners..... And it has been those not of the white race most of the time for the last century. The religion thing has been getting a lot of Christians pissed off lately it seems though.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
"it is nothing compared to what I would do if I needed to get information from these SOB's that attacked my country

So, if members of the Iraqi resistance capture and torture a U.S. soldier, would you mind if they quote you in justifying their actions?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join