It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before saying its torture

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Yeah they think its like pooring water on the face and no big deal. What they don't realize is the poor it on You while You are at a angle and it goes straight up Your nose and then when You cough it goes into Your lungs. I had to take a water survival course and part of it We had to be upside down inside the water. Needless to say after 15 minutes of having water run down my nose into my lungs it wasn't fun. Drowning is a great sensation for torturers because it takes people to their base emotions of OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!! and does it pretty quick. Most if not everyone has 2 fears hard wired into them and that is of drowning and falling to death. So yes its torture and I believe the ones ordering and dishing it out should have the same thing done to them to teach them a lesson. The ones doing it should have it done for everytime they did it while they ones who did it should have it done for everytime it was done under their orders. I think if some of the PTB had to be water boarded they would A. Either die or they would B. learn their lesson which in that case We would all WIN.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by moniker

So it is also your opinion that the C.I.A. doesn't work for the U.S. government?.... I never thought so either.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Whether you like, dislike or hate this guy, he showed character by going through with this and experiencing it first hand. I hope this example illustrates that "advanced interrogative tactics" should not be used in any civil society. And ESPECIALLY, no information obtained from this type of torture should be considered permissible in any context within a civilised society.

[edit on 23/5/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
reply to post by moniker

So it is also your opinion that the C.I.A. doesn't work for the U.S. government?.... I never thought so either.

I have no opinion on the matter.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Just wanted to add that I believe Nancy Pelosi is a liar and a gargoyle and she is now trying to throw the CIA directors under the bus because she knows that someone is about to get prosecuted for these misdeeds.

Trying to pass the buck to save her own wrinkly, worn out hide. If Dick Cheney walks the plank for this mess then she should be the next in line with blindfold in place and last cigarette in hand.

That woman would look dashing in an orange jump suit.....from Bloomingdales straight to Leavenworth

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I still don't see how this is torture. Pulling out fingernails, shocking someone, cutting flesh, etc. That is torture. If waterboarding is torture then I guess telling someone in custody that we are about to kill their family is also torture? Is causing mental distress torture? If so...then I guess I support our torture of terrorists. And maybe I support torture under these cases anyway.

Back to my same old argument...you can't win a fight with someone who doesn't fight fair...by fighting fair. You can't win a war by following rules that the enemy doesn't follow. Have we become so worried about how we look to others that we are willing to lay down and die? I'm not, but it sure sounds like many people are.

Everyone seems to forget, conveniently or not, that these people want every single one of us dead. And many of them would be happy to prolong that death (remember Daniel Pearl?).

Personally, I think (or maybe just hope) that most of the people supporting this view, do so politically since they hate the Bush administration. Truly...I hope that is the case.

I can't fathom how anyone can truly believe that if someone broke into their home, with the goal of killing them and their family...that they would not do whatever is required to stop them. Would any of you really step back and say "I'm not going to do that to this person...its too mean" and allow their family to be killed??? Are we (eg. this country) truly so weak?

I'm not a mean person. I would love for the world to live in peace. But when push comes to shove...I matter more, and my family matters more, and my people and county and way of life matter more than my disgust of doing something mean or cruel to save them.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and company, not to mention the nut jobs such as Sean ins[h]anity, Rush Lamebutt, and the rest, wouldn't last 15 seconds under the physical stress, psychological abuse, and outright torture which they like to see others experience. They'd confess to any crime you might imagine and even betray their mommy, wife, and children, to make it stop.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

I would say that telling someone that you were going to kill their family an act of terrorism and very much an act of torture for someone being held against their will.... I don't know if you realize that people have died from water boarding or not , but it has happened. There are things worse than dying and one of them is repeatedly knowing that you will, time and again and surviving to go through the same thing again.... If any one that goes through something like this is innocent and doesn't have the answer they want, he'll think up one and then what? They won't free him and if they did he is still a shell of what he had been and would certainly want revenge....An instant terrorist is created that will influence others to follow using his story to win them over. What do you think would happen to you if you were in a position to be captured by a person like this?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Just because Mancow is a wussy does not mean waterboarding is torture.

Waterboarding is NOT torture.
IF it was torture, then I guess the military tortures it's own troops since it is part of their training.
IF it was torture, that Shiek fellow would be dead since he got the treatment something like 83 times.

Waterboarding is mental and not physical. Apparently Mancow is not mentally tough.

Hmm. I went through basic training, myself and I was never waterboarded..

This is part of troop training? If so, then it IS torturing our own troops.
But I have never witnessed it or heard of such a thing. If you're talking about Navy Seal training, that is different. These men are not actually being waterboarded. They get water poured on them sometimes, maybe. But that is a far cry from purposeful-simulated drowning where your eyes are covered, your nose is covered, and you have a towel over your face to absorb the water and amplify the sensory perception of drowning. Plus, these men are ALL there voluntarily and all know the training is going to amount to being tortured both mentally and physically. Why do they do this? Tradition mostly. I DO think it's sort of idiotic though. But that's just my opinion.

Why some people imply the term "torture" should only related to what isn't going to kill someone is beyond me... If you wanted to kill someone, you can just kill them. If you want to interrogate someone for information, you wouldn't want to kill them. That wouldn't make alot of sense.

Waterboarding simulates drowning but just because you aren't working on killing someone for information doesn't mean it isn't torture.

Pulling off your fingernails won't kill you, but under your definition that wouldn't be torture either. Or how about, cutting fingers, toes, hands, and/or feet off? You don't want to kill them, just really mess 'em up so they'll talk, right? Or how about just yank their eyeballs out, or cut their ears off, make them stay up for days on end without sleep, blast loud annoying music all hours of the day, rip their hair out, constantly humiliate them both emotionally and physically, temporary starvation, temporary dehydration, WATERBOARDING ?

What makes me sick is how people justify torture in the name of the public good. How do we even know the information being given to us is correct? How do we know they aren't just lying to stop the torture? How do we even know what people know or don't know? And if we don't know what they know or don't know, why would we just torture them until they say the right thing? None of this makes any sense and it is also against international law in the first place.
Are people actually willing to remain in this emotionally bankrupt state of consciousness so adimantly pursued and defended by the Bush Administration? That's what it seems like. And it just goes to show how far from reality conservatives really are on this issue. Conservatives are both pro-life and pro-torture? How is that even justifiably feasible??! So, don't do anything to the little babies, but go ahead and push people to the brink of death for what you think MIGHT be "good intel"?
I'm mystified at this level of ignorance and idiocy..

I really think alot of conservatives are pro-torture because they can justify trying to get information out of someone as long as the torture isn't really going to "hurt them" (as some people view waterboarding). I don't even know what to say to that.. It just makes me want to break something. NEWS FLASH! TORTURE INVOLVES HURTING PEOPLE PSYCHOLOGICALLY AND/OR PHYSICALLY. They can defend their stances on the social issues, claim to be good little Christians, and then defend their pro-torture stance. It doesn't make any sense. I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone.

-ChriS

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

I understand and can (or will) accept what you have said...and "no"...I didn't know that anyone had died of waterboarding. It sounds (and looks) like a horrible way to die.

However, I would accept the actions, reactions and responsibility for every word you said...if it would save my loved ones. Maybe I'm just pig-headed in that thought (or stupid). I'm not trying to argue...or change anyone's mind...but there are just some things that I would do nearly ANYTHING to protect. And it (to me) is ashame that some people wouldn't.

I'm not trying to sound "holy" or anything...but I would (or at least hope I would be strong enough to) go through Hell, waterboarding or anything without giving up on some things. Isn't that what it means when you say you would die for something?

I could live with the tag of being evil if it would save what I truly love and believe in. I guess that makes me a bit like Cheney? You know...the person that everyone hates for doing what he believed he had to to protect what he loves.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I can say and believe that RAPE is the torture.

Some of you might argue that RAPE is just an invasion of someones privacy.

Only those who experienced it can tell you what it really is...

I doubt that use of lubrication would play any role in making it look less then torture, but that is only my opinion.

Regardless...

It is still against the law, a CRIME.

And it always will be...

(wait, there is more, here comes the fun part, the embarrassing flip-flop)

Unless it was performed on the terrorists

In that case why not just broadcast it live on C-Span (rated M for mature, of course) so all those who lost someone since 9/11 can feel "better"

[edit on 23-5-2009 by 5thElement]

CX

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I just think it's funny that these videos are popping up on the net like this, and on the occasional tv news shows, your average member of public will honestly now believe that it how they get waterboarded.

We now have many people who think it's a bad thing, and a lot more that will think it's not that bad a deal, probably no worse than being dunked in the swimming pool by your mate.

If only they would show how it is really done if you are the bad guy. No hlding their nose so it doesn't feel uncomfy, no nice level bed so it doesn't go too much up your nose, and EMT's around incase anything goes wrong. Most of all, no cameras to show you how they are doing it.

Wow they get a cute cow too incase they've had enough, and of course you get listened to as soon as you say you've had enough, and they only have their feet tied and are allowed to get up.

Please.

CX.

CX

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Heres an Amnesty International vid, although still fake, it's probably a tad closer to how it's done, and this is just a few seconds of it.

Waterboarding

CX.

[edit on 23/5/09 by CX]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Mancow could not do handle it,there goes another pseudo-macho conservative talking head I promise you after Hitchens and Mancow's experiences Hannity and O'Reily and Limbaugh are in no hurry to undergo this for charity.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Several things:

Despite what cheney the dick has claimed both the CIA and the U.S. military has stated that torture simply does not work and that contrary to the claims of some less informed posters here, they did not... I repeat... did not get valuable information that way and in fact the quality of intelligence declined after they did... they both have far more credibility than cheney does on this.

We proclaim to the world that we are better, more moral, more just than that and such behavior is a direct contradiction of our proclaimed ideals. It is a great recruitment tool for the enemy.... it certainly was after the Abu Ghraib pictures came out.

If we want to uphold the law then we must obey the laws... not behave as if they apply to everyone else but us. Like it or not the Geneva conventions were signed and ratified by the United States and therefore they are the law of the land... not something we can apply according to our whim. Even according to U.S. law torture is illegal so either way the bush minor administration broke the law.

Most, if not all of the developed nations deal with terrorism as a criminal enterprise not a military one and deal with it as such... in the courts of law and there is absolutely no reason why it wouldn't work for us.

As for shutting gitmo its absurd to think locking those fellows up in one of the super max prisons is somehow a threat to the nation is utterly idiotic.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This means nothing.

Mancow wasn't the mastermind behind 9/11 that killed 3,000 Americans and he hasn't boasted about beheading Daniel Pearl.

Of course these tactics are rough but Mancow has nothing to hold out for. KSM does.

People are crying for KSM and this is just phony outrage. Nobody has died from waterboarding, but over 300 people have died from being tasered by police. You don't see these phony tears for Taser victims because this is about politics and not torture. The people who were waterboarded still enjoy 3 hots and a cot but the people who were tasered are dead.

War is dirty and values have nothing to do with it when you are facing an enemy that wants to destroy you. The ends justify the means because the ends is the end of your country as you know it if bombs start going off everywhere. Values have no place in war and this is why the Founders gave the President extraordinary powers during war time. They knew it was more important to survive instead of living up to some liberal fantasy.

If we are blown to bits what good are these values? People will say that I'm using scare tactics but if I have to use scare tactics to convince you that these guys are determined to destroy us then you don't understand what 9/11, the U.S.S. Cole and more means.

KSM took waterboarding 183 times before he cracked. Mancow couldn't last a few seconds. What this tells me is that America is in trouble. War is about the will to win and if this guy could take this 183 times they are determined to destroy us.

We are debating a liberal fantasy. War is brutal and values will not protect you from an enemy that could care less about our values. These guys kill people over the slightest thing and to them our values need to be destroyed. We are truly in trouble because Obama actually thinks are values means something to terrorist. Our values only mean something if you think they are worth protecting at all cost.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

lol. Another embarassment for the Republican Party.

two lines

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I have to agree that it is an effective technique and not torture. Torture in my mind is something that leaves you maimed or anything that involves the mutilation of living things, like people or animals. Water boarding causes someone to experience a drowning sensation, but it's not like someone is chopping off their fingers. Chopping off body parts like they do in the middle-east is torture. It's a safe bet to say that just about anyone could fully recover after being water-boarded.

The worst pain in the world for a woman can be inflicted without leaving a mark.
I daresay an equivalent could be found for men.

Maiming and mutilation have not been a criterion for torture for many years. Leaving the victim with no marks, so there is no proof of a crime, is an art that has been studied by many regimes.

Water torture is one of the results.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by platosallegory
War is dirty and values have nothing to do with it when you are facing an enemy that wants to destroy you. The ends justify the means...

...KSM took waterboarding 183 times before he cracked

First off it is our values that we proclaim makes us different than the other nations... and it is our values that have repeatedly turned our one time enemies into our friends... Japan and Germany being the classic example.

Next... you have not been paying attention... KSM had been giving valuable intelligence before he was water boarded and clammed up afterward... and what were they looking for when the started water boarding him? They were trying to get him to say that there was a link between Saddam Hussein and Al Qeada.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Wrong on all fronts.

Of course our values made friends with Japan and Germany AFTER WE WON!

Again, this talk of values is meaningless when you are facing an enemy that wants to destrot you.

Secondly, KSM wasn't giving up any information. He asked for a lawyer. When he was asked was another attack coming, he said,"Soon you will see." At that point it becomes an either or situation. Either you get the information or people could die. The C.I.A. Operatives don't have the luxury to live in a liberal fantasy land when the mastermind of 9/11 is telling them "soon you will see."

What liberals would have wanted is an ACLU lawyer.

This is why we were attacked in the first place. Terrorism can't be handled in our courts because information collected can't be shared with the C.I.A., NSA or Homeland Security because the information has to be preserved for a court case. This is the wall that was there before 9/11 and now liberals want to go back to treating terrorism like a law enforcement problem. This is dangerous.

Sometimes there's not enough information because they pass around cryptic messages to hide their attacks. This will mean nothing in a courtroom but it means something to the NSA or ther CIA.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by platosallegory]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join