It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans were killed by terrorists on Cheney's watch than on any other leader's watch in US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I am a realist and realize war is a brutal thing and people under great pressure occaisonally make mistakes.

There were no “mistakes” sodomizing children was no mistake!

At the lease the beheadings were over with in a second, how long did our solders and the CIA enjoyed torturing one prisoners , oh yes I remember in one headline recently they water boarded one prisoner 80 times in one month and still didn’t get any useful information.

It was good that “most” of our military personal, had at lease the good sense not to follow Bush and Cheney orders

Oh know.. somebody doesnt like the wonderful Obama. I bet that makes me a racist in your mind.

You do not know what I think so stop assuming!

Why dont you talk to a psychologist and ask them which view, yours or mine, that would be considered borderline delusional.

You are in denial, wake up!

I just dont live in a magical world where everyone is nice but

Neither do we.

Americans and war is supposed to have rules.

Yeah, and Cheney and Bush broke everyone of them!

My view is much more real than yours.

That is your opinion and I disagree with you.

You only see the handful of mistakes and you miss the big picture and the positive things that happen as well.

Really! What was so “positive” about the big picture?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I can see where you're coming from but ultimately all that's happening is more young Muslims are becoming radicalised. Honestly, if the entire Middle East was bombed beyond the point of sustaining a population, do you really believe you could comfortably live with the knowledge that your country did that?
Imagine a role reversal. You're the Afghanistani trying to get by. Your parents are killed due to a U.S./U.K. bombing campaign. Who are you going to align yourself with: the West or the Muslim freedom fighters?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
I don't know what's worse...

... blaming the Bush adminstration for something festering under Clinton....

Please, spare me with the clinton garbage. Mr Bush had 7 months worth of briefings from the CIA and the NSA on the threat before it happened. Dont care what excuse or "speculative" garbage you folks got going about Clinton, but 9/11 happened under Bushes watch. Damn straight he is to take blame. Regarding more of his lies on the war against Iraq damn straight he and his cronies are to take the blame.

Stop making the excuses on supporting the man all these years, nothing wrong with admitting the man lied. He lied to all of us.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Please, spare me with the clinton garbage. Mr Bush had 7 months worth of briefings from the CIA and the NSA on the threat before it happened.

Wow, a whole seven months!!! True, he should have done something constructive with that time, but how much did Clinton have? How many briefings from CIA, etc was he getting? Was he actually paying attention to them??

Dont care what excuse or "speculative" garbage you folks got going about Clinton, but 9/11 happened under Bushes watch.

Yep, it did. And he should take some of that heat, but just because Clinton wasn't in office at the time doesn't mean he should get a pass on it.

And I'll keep that in mind when something happens under Obama's watch. I wonder how many here will be saying, "Well, that was Bush's fault!!"?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Wow, a whole seven months!!! True, he should have done something constructive with that time, but how much did Clinton have? How many briefings from CIA, etc was he getting? Was he actually paying attention to them??

I'm sorry but I think you're missing the point. Regardless of how many briefings Clinton may have had/not had on the subject, he was out of power for almost a year when the actual attacks happened. Therefore, there was literally nothing he could have done to prevent them. They could have told Clinton the exact day, hour and minute those attacks would have happened (they didn't), and he still wouldn't have had the power to do anything about it.

Trying to blame 9/11 on Clinton is completely pointless. It doesn't matter how much attention he paid, he didn't have the ability to do anything about it when the time came. Bush, on the other hand, did.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is the headline I would like to see.

More terrorists were killed under Bush/Cheney than any other leader's watch in US History!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

A blog. I thought so. And quoting Seymour Hersh, who is an idiot. JSOC assassin squads, anyone??

An idiot? So now you have stoop to name calling and ridiculing wow!

Pulitzer winner Seymour Hersh reveals Cheney's assassination ring, gets no press
www.examiner.com

Investigative reporter Seymour Hersh is best known for breaking the shocking My Lai massacre story during the Vietnam war, in which hundreds of unarmed civilians in a Vietnamese village were slaughtered by U.S. soldiers in March 1968. His courageous reporting on this sad chapter in history won him a Pulitzer Prize. In recent years, his incisive coverage of the Abu Ghraib abuses and torture has also been widely followed and respected.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I can tell ya one thing regarding the Clinton comparison. We know how things went under bush, what followed. All rightwing fringe groups can do is speculate what Clinton would have done, in conjunction to their own political biasness.

Yep, it did. And he should take some of that heat, but just because Clinton wasn't in office at the time doesn't mean he should get a pass on it.

Well heres the thing buddy, so long as this mess didnt happen under Clinton, he cannot be blamed for the actions Bush took prior and after those attacks. By the way, Bush was warned prior so the clinton garbage doesnt stand.

news.bbc.co.uk...

And I'll keep that in mind when something happens under Obama's watch. I wonder how many here will be saying, "Well, that was Bush's fault!!"?

Oh so Bush didnt end his presidency with this $11 trillion debt? Tell me who started the war in Iraq? Who lied about it? Tell me did this economic crises happen under Bush or Obama? Really, give me a list of what your "keeping in mind on".

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

This is the headline I would like to see.

More terrorists were killed under Bush/Cheney than any other leader's watch in US History!

Well, your welcome to start your own thread using your own title, however not very many people are going to side with you on your fantasy.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Wow, a whole seven months!!!

By the way, 7 months? this isnt supposedly long enough to prevent a terrorist attack? You know during the first 100 days of his presidency Bush spent alot of his time on holiday. But no, folks such as yourself turn a blind eye. So long as the mans keeping the gays away from the churches and your guns are readily available with bullets sold at every second shop, its just all dandy. Who gives a crap.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This thread has taken a turn for the worse.

I'll make this simple and draw a line in the sand.

Bush/cheney let 9/11 happen ON THEIR WATCH...regardless of what you felt actually led to the events of that day.

Anything...ANYTHING...that happens like that under Obama will be HIS responsiblity.

By the way....

OUR BORDERS ARE STILL WIDE OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one has done a damn thing about it either.

Glad to see they are so worried about another attack...and that goes for all of them.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

By the way, 7 months? this isnt supposedly long enough to prevent a terrorist attack? You know during the first 100 days of his presidency Bush spent alot of his time on holiday.

Yeah, at Camp David. And where was Clinton? He was in the Oval Office.

Now, just WHO was under the desk?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension.

Save the insults!

I am for killing all terrorists and their supporters who are against the continuation of the US, no matter what religion they are."

Even if all the information that was giving to you is a lie?

If that is every middle easter muslim then they should all die until they decide they have had enough.

Wow! Hitler thought on those guidelines.

Do you think we shouldnt have killed every japanese person until they gave in. Its war. You beat the hell out of the other side until they cant take it anymore.

This makes us no different from them, it makes us just as barbaric and sadistic, and that is not the way this country wants to set the example of “peace” to the rest of the world.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I can tell ya one thing regarding the Clinton comparison. We know how things went under bush, what followed. All rightwing fringe groups can do is speculate what Clinton would have done, in conjunction to their own political biasness.

You're right. People can only just speculate what Clinton would have done. Mainly, because he did nothing. Just blew off the CIA warnings.

Well heres the thing buddy, so long as this mess didnt happen under Clinton, he cannot be blamed for the actions Bush took prior and after those attacks. By the way, Bush was warned prior so the clinton garbage doesnt stand.

Not blaming Clinton for the actions Bush took. I'm just saying he took no actions at all. Clinton and Bush were warned, and neither did anything. Yet, you seem to forget about the Clinton warnings.

Oh so Bush didnt end his presidency with this $11 trillion debt? Tell me who started the war in Iraq? Who lied about it? Tell me did this economic crises happen under Bush or Obama? Really, give me a list of what your "keeping in mind on".

And what's the debt now? You know, under Obama? Didn't he just triple it? He's spending money like a drunken sailor, yet it's OK, because it's "all Bush's fault".

We out of Iraq, like Obama promised? Nope.

Still in A-stan, too. More troops pouring into there.

Economic crisis? Just getting worse.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

An idiot? So now you have stoop to name calling and ridiculing wow!

Yep, an idiot. I don't like stooping to namecalling, but why call a spade a spade when I can call it a shovel.

I'm sure the men at JSOC enjoyed the comic relief after reading that BS article.

Why do all the idiots pick on Special Operations??? The article would read better if the moron wrote about the Air Force 344th Special Services Squadron as a highly trained hit squad serving poisoned food to "enemies of the state".

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yeah, at Camp David. And where was Clinton? He was in the Oval Office.

Right. So Ill assume you have no more excuses left in response.

Now, just WHO was under the desk?

Whats worse? A president that cheated on his wife and offended the social rightwing fringers? Or a president that was neglectful over the terrorist attacks, a president who lies about going to war with another nation. I really could go on.

It was real pathetic to see the "impeachment" movement over Clinton due to his affair, but you kept your mouths shut while Bush blatantly lied and trampled over the constitution. Oh but folks like you couldnt give a damn about the facts, so long as your got "dem gays away from marriage, so long as them folks dont offend my guns"

Get off it.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Whats worse? A president that cheated on his wife and offended the social rightwing fringers? Or a president that was neglectful over the terrorist attacks, a president who lies about going to war with another nation. I really could go on.

I don't really care if the guy cheated on his wife. If she had any stones, she would have smothered him in his sleep. What everyone should care about is that the loser lied about it. And I don't care, a lie is a lie. But you aren't getting your panties in a wad over that.

It was real pathetic to see the "impeachment" movement over Clinton due to his affair, but you kept your mouths shut while Bush blatantly lied and trampled over the constitution. Oh but folks like you couldnt give a damn about the facts, so long as your got "dem gays away from marriage, so long as them folks dont offend my guns"

He was brought up on impeachment charges because he lied (there's that word again) to a grand jury. Get the facts straight.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well after reading this whole tread I came to the conclusion that some people really like Cheny here?

Puhlaazee!

Cheny must be a nightmare for anyone right now to be associated with?

Look at the daughter LIZ - all around MSM talking in her fathers faviour for the torture aganda!

Are you guys sooo blind that you can't see that this is an staged event and a public relation trick?

Sorry for my English!

but I neither live in the U.S nor have I attended public school there!

I'm just some poor Eurotrash with royal sponsors!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
Sorry for my English!

but I neither live in the U.S nor have I attended public school there!

I'm just some poor Eurotrash with royal sponsors!

Don't apologize, your English is a lot better than a lot of the native speakers here!!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

You know, under Obama? Didn't he just triple it? He's spending money like a drunken sailor,

What is it? yes Obama is spending money trying to clean up Bush and Cheney’s catastrophe.

Yes, the Republicans ran wild destroying to US economy with their bankers friends’ help and have put us in to two illegal wars that may bankrupt this country, just so those greedy politicians could make their fortunes, and their no bid contract buddies could cash in on this deplorable act. Bush and Cheney conned the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join