It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans were killed by terrorists on Cheney's watch than on any other leader's watch in US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Likewise, what I have learned is that as the administration authorized harsh interrogation in April and May of 2002--well before the Justice Department had rendered any legal opinion--its principal priority for intelligence was not aimed at pre-empting another terrorist attack on the U.S. but discovering a smoking gun linking Iraq and al-Qa'ida.

www.thewashingtonnote.com...

So furious was this effort that on one particular detainee, even when the interrogation team had reported to Cheney's office that their detainee "was compliant" (meaning the team recommended no more torture), the VP's office ordered them to continue the enhanced methods. The detainee had not revealed any al-Qa'ida-Baghdad contacts yet. This ceased only after Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi, under waterboarding in Egypt, "revealed" such contacts. Of course later we learned that al-Libi revealed these contacts only to get the torture to stop.

We now know that Cheney was running the Bush administration that much I had figured however, hearing this from Col. Lawrence B. Wilkerson, then I knew it was true.

Not only does Wilkerson state that We were torturing with “enhanced” techniques including water boarding in early 2002, before it was “legal” but the purpose was not to discover the info of 911 but rather to find a link to Saddam and al Qaeda. Why did we go to war for then? Cheney had no regards for US and international laws, we were lied to over and over about everything. Why then was it so urgent to invade Iraq? Because these people did not commit 911, one has to wonder if 911 was really a false flag now.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Are you counting in this total the people that died in 911? Or you arrived at this stunning conclusion without adding them in?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Are you counting in this total the people that died in 911? Or you arrived at this stunning conclusion without adding them in?

Unbelievable.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Cheney is a despicable man, I will throw a huge party the day this man dies and make it a point to visit his grave to dance on it and then spit on his head stone.

Bush is a retarded political puppet.
Cheney is as close as you can get to Real Evil.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If Cheney was so brilliant, and so concerned about National security how in the world could 911 have taken place they way the government said.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
America is lucky that 9/11 happened on Cheney's watch. Can you imagine if it would have happened under Clinton, or if it would happen again under Obama?

We had the right leaders at the right time! Thanks to Bush and Cheney for keeping this country safe!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

So you arent going to answer my question you are just going to say unbelievable... lol, that is unbelievable.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

America is lucky that 9/11 happened on Cheney's watch. Can you imagine if it would have happened under Clinton, or if it would happen again under Obama?

What exactly did Bush and Cheney do to prevent 911 from happening? It seems to me they did nothing.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

We had the right leaders at the right time! Thanks to Bush and Cheney for keeping this country safe!

LOL, could you imagine if it happened under Obama. He would have apologized for putting American buildings in their flight path and then bowed to show his humbleness.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Dear Lord dont make me laugh, my side hurts!

We'll just have to see if anything happens on his watch now wont we?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

I dont know what they did to prevent it, but obviously not enough. Their strong point was on the reply to the attack.

Oh and by the way you never answered my question. Nice debate tactic.

[edit on 5/22/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

I dont know what they did to prevent it, but obviously not enough. Their strong point was on their reply to the attack.

Wait, you mean how they responded by invading two countries that had nothing to do with 9/11?

If they really cared about the perpetrators of 9/11, why did Bush go as far as to protect the Bin Laden family? Why didn't we invade Saudi Arabia, where most of the supposed hijackers came from? Why did they repeatedly ignore the warnings that something was going to happen? Why did we focus so much time and energy on capturing Saddam Hussein, who had nothing to do with 9/11, instead of Osama Bin Laden?

People who honestly believe the Bush administration protected us on and after 9/11 seriously need to wake up.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

One question. How many times have we been attacked on a large scale since 911? Enough said.

Tell me, how exactly would you have solved this 911 dilemna.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

So you arent going to answer my question you are just going to say unbelievable... lol, that is unbelievable.

You have no idea what you are talking about, this article is about the prisoners that we captured and tortured illegally and how Cheney broke US and international laws and the war in Iraq, and Afghanistan and how Cheney was NOT interested in looking for information pertaining to 911 but to find a link with Sodom Hessian and al Qaeda.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

You have no idea what you are talking about, this article is about the prisoners that we captured and tortured illegally and how Cheney broke US and international laws and the war in Iraq, and Afghanistan and how Cheney was NOT interested in looking for information pertaining to 911 but to find a link with Sodom Hessian and al Qaeda.

Oh I thought the thread content was related the thread title, which is "More Americans were killed by terrorists on Cheney's watch than on any other leader's watch in US". Maybe you have no idea what you are talking about or maybe you should do a better job creating titles so they match your subject matter.

If you werent just upset because you hate war

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

Oh I thought the thread content was related the thread title, which is "More Americans were killed by terrorists on Cheney's watch than on any other leader's watch in US". Maybe you have no idea what you are talking about or maybe you should do a better job creating titles so they match your subject matter.

If you werent just upset because you hate war then maybe you could see that all they were trying to do was protect the nation the best way they could think of.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

One question. How many times have we been attacked on a large scale since 911? Enough said.

My grandfather was once attacked by an African elephant, during the attack the elephant stepped on a rock and ran off. My grandfather has kept the stone as lucky ever since.

50 years later he still has that rock in his possession and has not been attacked by an elephant since. Clearly, in thanks to the magic rock.

[edit on 5/22/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

So you're not going to address any of the questions I raised?

Fine.

The single reason we haven't been attacked since 9/11, is because they didn't let it happen again. Whether you believe 9/11 was orchestrated by the government, allowed to happen by the government, or happened simply due to government neglect, you cannot deny that the Bush admin was ultimately responsible for such a plan being carried out successfully on our soil. However, that's another discussion for another thread.

Also, since our invasion of Iraq, global terrorism has been steadily on the rise.

A stark assessment of terrorism trends by American intelligence agencies has found that the American invasion and occupation of Iraq has helped spawn a new generation of Islamic radicalism and that the overall terrorist threat has grown since the Sept. 11 attacks.

Source

By occupying Iraq, the United States has given al Qaeda a major opportunity to drive home its argument that the "leader of world infidelity" seeks to destroy Islam and subjugate its believers. This has been at the very core of al Qaeda's message throughout its existence, and the group is now using the example of Iraq to reap gains in the areas of recruitment and fundraising.

Source

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

My grandfather was once attacked by an African elephant, during the attack the elephant stepped on a rock and ran off. My grandfather has kept the stone as lucky ever since.

50 years later he still has that rock in his possession and has not been attacked by an elephant since. Clearly, in thanks to the magic rock.

[edit on 5/22/2009 by eNumbra]

Yeah that is a reasonable analogy you threw out there. Let me help you. If my aunt had a penis she would be my uncle.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

If we didnt have a country full of whiny a..ed liberals like you then maybe Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld would have had the support they needed to end things quicker. Look we are killing them at a rate of like 100 to 1... so they cant continue that forever. If you keep at it there wont be any left to terrorize. You cant procreate when you are six feet under. It is what war is about.. breaking the will of your enemy and their supporters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join