It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a tin foil hat for your pet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
oh man, how could I resist????

How to Make a Tin Foil Hat for a Dog
By Macdonald, eHow Editor

Tin foil hats have been used for decades to thwart mind control. Secret government agencies, alien races and other sinister entities have planes in the air and radio towers disguised as cell phone towers to send out radio waves to infiltrate our brains, cause cancer and make us do all our shopping at Wal-Mart. The presence of contrails in the sky is proof positive that They are out to turn us into mindless robots. You wear a tin foil hat, shouldn't your dog wear one too? After all, They are targeting your dog's mind too. It is easy to protect your dog with a homemade tin foil hat.

Things You'll Need:
Tin foil
Treats
Duct tape
Hot glue
Sequins

Step 1 Assess the shape of your dog's head. A tin foil hat should allow for natural ear movement so your dog can still hear properly.

Step 2 Have your dog relaxed and sitting in front of you. He will need to be calm and not jumping around while you form the tin foil hat around his head. Take him for a good walk first so he doesn't have excess energy.

Step 3 Unroll a sheet of tin foil. This will depend on the size of your dog's head. A Yorkie will only need about a foot of tin foil, while a Great Dane may need 3 feet. Give your dog a treat to encourage him to stay still.

Step 4 Place the tin foil over your dog's head, between the ears. Fold it over and start crimping and forming it with your fingers to comfortably go around the ears and down to the base of the skull. Give your confused dog another treat and don't let him bite the foil as you work.

Step 5 Make sure you have formed a tin foil skull cap to fit your dog's head snugly. Now tear another sheet and fold it around the form you have, crimping it so it becomes more rigid. The extra thickness will help shield your dog from the more powerful mind control rays.

Step 6 Tear pieces of duct tape and use them to secure the layers of tin foil. It is fine to use generous amounts of duct tape to hold the hat in place. As you work, periodically put it back on your dog's head to ensure the shape still conforms nicely to his skull and around his ears. Give him a treat and lots of praise each time so he associates wearing his new hat with positive reinforcement.

Step 7 Avoid the temptation to decorate your dog's tin foil hat. Materials such as felt or other types of fabric are too absorbent and may soak up and retain mind control rays. If you must decorate the hat, use reflective accents like sequins. These are shiny and will help deflect the damaging rays. Attach sequins to the hat with hot glue.

Tips & Warnings:
~The hat will double as a cute Halloween costume. Use every opportunity to educate others about the dangers of alien mind control.
~Do not let your dog wear his tin foil hat for extended periods of time outside when it's sunny. He will get uncomfortably hot.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
awesome! I'm gonna make a tin-hat for my cat RIGHT NOW. Thank you for spurring an amazing thought!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantfish

We can compare photo's later!
I am going to decorate mine with pipe cleaners I think........

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I LOVE it!

I can just see my yorkie now trying to figure WTF I'm doing.

Oh, and the cats, if you figure out how to get them to get fitted and actually wear one...let me know, I've got three. Although something is telling me it might be akin to trying to give one some medicine!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wow, if you actually wear a tin foil hat.. I think it's a little too late to worry about mind control.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975
reply to post by mutantfish

We can compare photo's later!
I am going to decorate mine with pipe cleaners I think........

Might they not act like little antennas?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hahaha,

That is hilarious.
I can just imagine a group of people walking down the road with there dogs, with bright big shiny tin foils hats on

Hey, I though my hamster was acting weirdly, maybe it IS those damn aliens...

Jacob

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My cat is pretty good with me handling him, I wash him weekly so im sure if I can get through THAT without losing my hand (his claws are REALLY sharp) then im sure I can get a tin hat to sit on his head long enough to avoid mind control waves, swine flu, 2012 and beyond.

I will find some way to post a picture later.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Ha Ha! I figured it out on the way home....! A basic party hat would serve as a good base. Just get a size that fits the cats head, then simply work the foil around it. SPLENDID!

This is GREAT! Had to add

www.abandonedstuff.com...

[edit on 22-5-2009 by jackieps1975]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

well I was thinking more along the lines of shaping them into flowers and such... but now that you mention it, I should probably just stick with sequins and a bedazzler!

~for the cat owners....

~woof!~

top topics

join