It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safe List For American Refugees?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I hope this is in the right section. If not, please move, and my apologies.

So, the USSA is going to hell in a hand basket, and the PTB are packing the sandwiches.

I don't need to explain the "Why" of this thread, because anyone with a brain can understand why I feel a list like this could come in handy to some people these days.

So, the country is locked down, our rights gone, citizens in camps, viruses running rampant, property is seized, and the list goes on... Now what?

Where can you go to escape?

I would like to get a list of places (countries) outside of the U.S. that would be safe for Americans to go in the event this all unfolds.

Give me your ideas, and explain WHY you think it would be a good place. Also toss in any first-hand knowledge you have of the place, or a list of pros and cons if possible.

5 years ago, I wanted to go to Europe. Then I thought Canada might be a good choice. After that, Mexico seemed like a logical option, but apparently even Mexico is under their rule.

So where do you go? What countries are relatively safe, could put up a good fight with a foreign enemy, and still provide many of the luxuries we as Americans are accustomed to (freedoms, social life, recreation, etc)?

Let me know!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I've always wanted to get to tierra del fuego...southern tip of south america...heard somewhere a long time ago that it was the most survivable locale in the even of a global nuke exchange.

Wiki link

The problem I have with that is the thousands of miles to travel..on foot...through some highly irradiated territory....

I've since modified my plans slightly...to hopefully be more realistic...I'm hoping to make it somewhere in British Columbia....my rationale for this is based mostly on prevailing winds and climate...of course, that's still a long ways off too...

I think almost any place could be acceptable, given the right amount of resources (game, water) and the right level of population (slim to none)...just as far away from a population center as you can get.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

So you're banking on there being a nuclear war then?

Personally I like Barbados. Beautiful little island with the standard Westminster Democracy. It's nearing status as an industrialized nation, and they have some great rum too.

Otherwise, I'd probably head for French Polynesia if I could. Owned by France, again with the perfect weather, very relaxed liberal social mores and just far enough off the beaten path to make it a very forgettable target for any kind of war.

"We could live beside the ocean, leave the fire behind, swim out past the breakers and watch the world die." ~Everclear

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

I used to really bank on it....not so much anymore...but to me it's all pretty much the same thing...everything goes away...I hope we don't have to contend with four years of winter cuz I don't know if I can make it...if it's just a matter of avoiding everyone for a year or so that would be easier...my goal would be finding a quiet place with plenty of fish and hopefully a cave or two...I'm afraid of islands...go figure.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Option #1 Try out the following web site
www.privateislandsonline.com/

I like some of those, now all I have to do is find a bit more money and pick up an isolated one.

Option #2 - There are auctions for sea going vessels. A few years ago there was a Canadian military maintenance/supply ship with 35 of the 2 person bunk rooms, 10 private rooms, a fully equiped machine shop with CNC lathe and milling machine, plus a cargo area over 120 feet long. It came with a 10 person medical facility a huge stocked inductrial kitchen and huge fuel tanks, lastly it came with a desalinification plant run off the internal gernerators. Even the rec area still had the gym equipment and the pool table in it. It was sold for under 100k as scrap (too slow for the military). They had only stripped the armoury contents out and some radio gear and the primary radar unit.

So if you were to say buy a ship like that on a steal of a deal then you could expect to spend about 60k to get it moved from the east cost to the west coast, 20K a year to keep it docked someplace discreet, 200k to fill all the fuel tanks. Then you could fill the cargo deck with lumber, solar panels, food stocks and seed stocks. That way if anything happens you move your group to the ship discreetly then head out to the west and find a small island in the pacific that has water, and enough space to start over on. Of course it helps if you have an island that is deserted already picked out (not many of them left) especially if it's really far from anything else and use real navigation not GPS to pre locate it and plan your navigation to it. With the fuel on board that ship you could get to the island and then use it for a few years as a source of fresh water and power till your fuel ran down, then you would need to scrap it and have an alternative source like wind or solar set up.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Not sure of your rational for being afraid of islands but here's one that fits the rest of your criteria. en.wikipedia.org...

Fish, Caves, roads, fresh water, isolation, Wood to make your cabin.

All of this and located in the newly formed country of Alaska.....
One can only hope.....

[edit on 22-5-2009 by The Undertaker]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

The Country Of Alaska, seriously? I do hope not! Well, at least it's isolated. I still say it's far easier to survive in a tropical/subtropical location. The biomass is also exponentially larger closer to the equator, which makes things far easier.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Belize has a wonderful American ex patriot community.....
And that's all I'll say about that...
Except for...

Changes in Latitudes, Changes in attitudes

new topics

top topics

join