It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Threat to Los Angeles Shopping Mall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
There has been a threat made against a Los Angeles area shopping mall for Thursday.
The name of the mall was not mentioned in the threat but the warning indicated a mall near the Federal Building in West Los Angeles could be targeted.

They don't know how credible the source of the threat is but the LAPD will increase patrols at shopping malls and they have asked the malls to increase security also while a joint terrorism task force investigates.

MontereyHerald.com

LOS ANGELES - A terrorism task force was investigating an "uncorroborated" threat to a Los Angeles area shopping mall where federal officials say an attack may have been planned for Thursday.
"As of now, the information is uncorroborated and the credibility of the source is unknown," the LAPD said in a statement.

There is still very little information on this.
Hopefully it's a false alarm and no one will be hurt.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
My gut tells me this is nothing. Terrorists, generally, don't announce plans to blow stuff up beforehand. It ruins the "fun" for them if the area is vacated.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
that's true observer, but look at the money and resources that will be spent in bringing in more security and police, the panic and worry that it will cause to the local people there. Terrorist playing mind games once again ?

This also could be a diversion for an attack to take place else where....

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Its a diversion to put the LAPD into placing extra man power at that location while the "tcell" moves its operations to a new location.

I have a feeling, just like their coded reference to attacking the towers that ALQ needs this break in observation to move "materials".

My instinct tells me they are going to strike the central metro station for Los Angeles with a chemical/HE explosion at rush hour. But what day, I am not sure. Possibly the diversion is so they can emplace their bombs and set the timers. Probably in lockers and in maintenance closets or under, loading/ debarking platforms for maximum kill radius's.

GOD I hope not.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Wake up people. You don't tell the press what your real intentions are. This sounds like a shell game. The local news media is playing this up for all its' worth.
An attack will come but on a much larger scale. When you here about an oil refinery fire or a bridge collaspe then I would consider a terrorist attack. There intent is to strike both in human and economic lost.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Seems like *it* is always the LA malls, doesn't it? So, this thread started in early 2004, here we're in late 2007 and there's still talk about this. In this recent article, *they* say "planning has be going on for two years" yet, *they* must of been planning... oh, you get my point....

www.efluxmedia.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join