It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of CIA ' ghost prisoners ' missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Dozens of CIA ' ghost prisoners ' missing

www.finalcall.com

NEW YORK (IPS/GIN) - At least three dozen detainees who were held in the CIA's secret prisons overseas appear to be missing—and efforts by human rights organizations to track their whereabouts have been unsuccessful.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Pro Publica an online investigative journalism group reported that in 2006 the CIA transferred prisoners to Pakistani, Egyptian and Jordanian custody prior to Bush acknowledging the CIA prisons and shutting down the program. Seems there is a list of three dozen people whose fate is still unknown since June 2007. The Red Cross along with the American Civil Liberties Union have been stonewalled by the Government when trying to retrieve any information regarding prisoners labeled as "enemy combatants".

www.finalcall.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Who wants to bet they didn't just get up and leave?

You can stop reading now if you don't like to hear realistic pessimism, but they're probably all dead. At any rate I'm sure they would like to be.

What difference is it, though? We killed more innocents in our daily bombing campaigns.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Maybe some of them have been offered deals to go undercover, in exchange for their freedom, and a clear record? very unlikely but i reckon it could happen somewhere....

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The CIA has a mobile prison. They are on a bus or plane and sleep in a different place every night. The paperwork is lost on purpose.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
the most realistic thing to do would be to assume the worse

it's sad, i'm sure intense torture is what happened.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Their ashes have probably already been dumped somewhere. Human rights groups must be fuming. The CIA is full of scum. Oh the world we live in...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There is also the very real possibility that these missing men were U.S. Government agents sent inside the prison's population to attempt to befriend the inmates and trick them in to revealing further intelligence in that means.

It might even be why the inmates were eventually transfered to other facilities in order to pull the agents out without exposing their covers.

I don't put it past the U.S. Government murdering or executing an individual but I would expect them to be more discrete than this in the endeavor.

Personally I think the hole detainee system especially at Gitmo is nothing more than a Terrorist Training School...

How Gitmo became a terror training ground
Side-by-side with violent extremists at Guantánamo, low-level detainees are being built into new fighting machines. And they hate the United States.

A McClatchy investigation found that instead of confining terrorists, Guantánamo often produced more of them by rounding up common criminals, conscripts, low-level foot soldiers and men with no allegiance to radical Islam — thus inspiring a deep hatred of the United States in them — and then housing them in cells next to radical Islamists.

The radicals were quick to exploit the flaws in the U.S. detention system.

Miami Herald

Are we really this stupid that we can't figure out putting relatively harmless criminals in Cells next to leading Militant Islamic Radicals is not going to leave a lasting impression on them?

Meanwhile back at the ranch (U.S.A.) the government spent 14 million dollars to conduct 3 seperate trials of 7 accused home grown terrorists in Liberty City Florida with the first trial ending up in one not guilty verdict and a hung jury on the other 6, the second trial ending up in a hung jury on all 6 remaining defendents and the 3rd and final trial just concluded ending up in 1 acquittal and 5 convictions but...

Terror trial's outcome may be tainted
The removal of a juror accused of refusing to deliberate in the Liberty City Six terrorism-conspiracy trial will be the centerpiece of the defense team's appeals.

Known only as Juror No. 4, the woman was accused by 11 fellow jurors, prosecutors and the judge of refusing to deliberate in the federal terrorism-conspiracy case. However, in jury notes the woman said she wanted to ''see this trial to the end'' but could not withstand the pressure she was facing to change her stance -- presumably ``not guilty.''

Had she held out, prompting a third mistrial in the controversial case, the five men now facing lengthy prison sentences could have walked out of the courtroom free, because the U.S. attorney's office in Miami had already said it wouldn't try them a fourth time.

Miami Herald

Local commentary by Leanard Pitts Miami Herald Editorial Writer

Convictions a sorry symptom of the post-9/11 Great Panic

By LEONARD PITTS JR.
[email protected]
Like the Mounties, they finally got their men.

And all it took was three years, three trials and millions of taxpayer dollars. At that price, you'd like to feel a certain satisfaction from last week's guilty verdict against five men from inner-city Miami who stood accused of conspiring with al Qaeda to launch terrorist attacks in this country. You'd like to feel you'd seen justice done.

Instead, you are left with the nagging suspicion that all you've seen is justice miscarried.

But the defense says the seven are just the hapless members of a would-be religious sect who thought they had found a patsy who'd give them money as long as he believed they were planning a terrorist strike. All they wanted, they say, was cash -- to finance their sect.

Indeed, according to testimony, even the pledge of allegiance to al Qaeda only came after the informant dangled a promise of $50,000. The men thought they were scamming him in the name of the Lord.

And here we should note that when authorities raided the group's warehouse headquarters, they found . . . nothing. No guns, no bombs, no maps, no plans, no manifestos, not a thing that would suggest terrorists preparing to strike. Only Bibles, Korans, law books, Samurai swords.

Citzens need to wake up as it won't be long at this rate till some of us are dissapearing and I don't think the Red Cross is going to be around to say one word!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It's very natural to assume they are all dead but I doubt that.

It could be possible that some of them are dead due to interregation technics. Maybe some have been tortured and died due to that.

My believe is that at least 1/5 to 1/4 have been released to perform some spionage here or there.

CIA does many medical researches on how people react and how far you can mind-prgramme people (prisoners). They can / do use prisoners with or without their permission for drugs tests and other.

I agree with ProtoplasmicTraveler, that's also a point there.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
you can feel the love in this thread...

but yeah i gotta pay the dead men theory.

you can't really just let 36 "enemy combatants" walk out of years of torture and abuse.
they'll turn rat and blow the whole story wide open.
or
they'll turn terrorist and blow the hole out of you.
the CIA is just doing what they are best at. decieving foriegn nations,
lieing its ass off to its own nation and knocking people when they are finished with them.

bang bang bang

[edit on 22/5/09 by spearhead]

top topics

join