It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If USA falls what will happen to the idiot politicians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hello,

It is obvious beyond belief that our congress and other leadership no longer function in the best interest of our nation. Their votes are plainly to gain money and reelection rather than following any particular values or morals and their votes are certainly not guided by the needs of the people nor the security of our Nation.

So they must realize if they continue to spend us into oblivion that the insanity that follows the collapse of the USA will include blame and likely mobs when masses of people start starving. I would think these mobs would hunt them down if true chaos in sues.

With the US on the edge of oblivion they continue to vote to save their own hides. DO they not realize if the US collapses that they wont be protected from the fringe people which will likely grow in number with starvation and desperation. No money no military. No military no control.

I hope for all of us that they start doing the right things to preserve our nation for they will be to blame and no one else. Those past and present. I wont be one of the angry mob as I will likely be hiding somewhere in survival mode with family I am just posting some thoughts and questions that come to mind with the dollar being dropped by Russia etc... True failure seems very likely.

It is no longer just sad to see what they are doing it is becoming dangerous. I hope I am wrong and things recover and all is good but it seems to be tilting the wrong way.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Its just like a long game of musical chairs...they're just betting that they'll still have a chair when the music finally stops.

Many of the politicians are too egotistical to think that the country will collapse on their watch. I think most are selfishly in it for the short-term rewards and money and do not see the bigger picture.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The "important" politicians will of course have somewhere safe for them and their family to stay. I'm guessing the mayors, congressmen, aldermans, most governors, and maybe some senators will have to put up with the wolves, but the "influential" have their homes overseas where they and their money are "safe and secure". We'd be tearing ourselves apart, it would be a war zone going on, while they are getting a massage on some beach front property in Fiji, while drinking the most expensive wine and enjoy the comforts of living in exile.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

i think we should have ron paul point out who is bad and who can stay, the bad ones go to jail for 20 years...i was gonna say hang um, but im feeling generous

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm sure that MOST of all politicians will still be in denial about their "leadership abilities" when this country collapses.

I do doubt that they will have too much to worry about IF they make it to their homes...or out of the country.

The problem is that many people will just start going off and our entire fabric of life will collapse as well.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Nothing will probably happen to them, they will flee oversees to their private islands with their stolen money and keep living their extravagant lifestyle. It sucks but that is the most likely scenario

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's the responsibility of the people to rise and remove the government when they become ineffective at running the country. We constantly sacrifice freedom, for security and as long as the people are happy to go through the motions every four years who cares right?

The jokes on us!

We don't need the politicians, they need us, we are the blood of the political system. At the very least it's the image they need to keep in order not to loose control.

We're already seeing it happen, the Tea Parties, the rallies, the online forums. The anti-government, pro-freedom movement is growing, and soon the government will push the populace too far. Some crazy thing like RFID or the likes, and we'll really snap.

After it's all done the politicians will go back to being politicians, but there will be new rules and much stricter penalties to breaking them. True democracy is possible, but it requires vigilance and we've gotten lazy.

I blame the kids and their Rock & Roll

~Keeper

[edit on 5/22/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The obvious 800 pound gorilla in the room is the Military. Sure its a nice Idea to be the "World Police" but we do not need to be, nor can we afford to be. I think the defense department cost us nearly a trillion a year now?

We have enough nukes to overwhelm any country so no country is going to directly attack us. All we need is a very strong defensive force here at home and our Nukes to deter any aggressors. We need better security here at home to keep terrorist out. We need to continue Research and Development but that is it. In fact that is all we can afford.

No need to argue weather having an insanely large military is required or not because we cannot afford it. Time to come home invest in securing our borders, ports etc... and let the rest of the world defend themselves. No its not exactly what we all want but it is destroying us trying to be all to everyone.

Also its nice to want to save the mice in The Speakers district but sorry we cannot afford it and we must stop it now.

new topics

top topics

join