It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-inmate recalls soldiers stacking naked Iraqis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Ex-inmate recalls soldiers stacking naked Iraqis

www.cnn.com

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Abu Ahmed says he was there: An Iraqi held prisoner at Abu Ghraib by the American military when inmates were abused.

He says he was kept naked and saw other naked inmates stacked onto a pile while photos were taken, photos that would become public and bring shame to the United States.

The pain of the past few years is clearly etched on the man's face and equally obvious as he talks. It began October 1, 2003, he says, when U.S. troops came to his home and detained him during a sweep of his neighborhood.

The next day, he was processed and put into Abu Ghraib pris
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yet another depressing story. The article states that he was naked for a total of 32 days without clothes and even if he were to pray he had to be naked. During his detention he was never actually charged with a crime.

My main question is why would they take pictures? Are they required to? Or do you think it may add to the humiliation?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyfrompain

The sick bastar*S who did this, did it for there own pleasure against military rules and regulations. They are doing hard time in prison for this non-sense. Thank god that one soldier who blow the whistle on there "soldiers" (and I use that term loosely) to end the madness.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My question is why they have photographs. I would assume they wouldn't want evidance to document what goes on there unless it was for humiliation purposes. Is there regulations stating that things need to be photographed?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

They took the photos because they were sick, I imagine to show people when they got home, as far as a regulation for you to take pictures I have never heard of one unless you are investigating a crime, and mainly that is done by CID or the MPs.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

They took the photos because they were sick, I imagine to show people when they got home, as far as a regulation for you to take pictures I have never heard of one unless you are investigating a crime, and mainly that is done by CID or the MPs.

I figured as much. I would assume they would want less evidance when SHTF.

top topics

join