It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Google's cute "doodles" became Satan's pawns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

How Google's cute "doodles" became Satan's pawns

arstechnica.com

Google's use of a "fossil" doodle this week sparked a bit of controversy, but that's nothing new for the company. Its cute pictures have been angering (a few) people for years.
Those Google "doodles" that sometimes adorn the search giant's homepage with clever variations on the company logo might be cute, but take a closer look. Critics charge that it's possible to see in the sketches Google's disdain for (take your pick) America, Muslims, Christians, Christmas, and creationism.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I am a bit surprised to learn that some people are bothered buy the Google doodles . If you ask me there are many better reasons to be upset with Google other then there doodles .
I wonder do people know that there are other search engines out there besides google ?
Personally , I would have thought that we would have seen a bilderberg group doodle this week rather then a dino doodle

arstechnica.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm going to just assume that the people angered by the Google doodles are also the people who try to find hidden messeges in their Alphabet cereal.

"Brian there's a message in my cereal! It says OOOOOOH"
"Peter those are Cheerios"

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well, it certainly looks like these people have a lot of faith.... I mean, how insecure does someone have to be to whinge about Google's logo art?
It's a big thing in the news, and thus Google are cashing in. Nothing more, nothing less.
Then there's the thing further down the page, about the Google Sputnik logo. The launch and reception of transmissions from Sputnik were absolutely groundbreaking historically and scientifically. The Russians did it first. But no, apparently they're glorifying a totalitarian regime....
Some people are wierd.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I am SO ANGRYYYYYY at those doodles right nowwwwww

If you saw me you would say "THAT GUY IS ANGRYYY"

I am very angry at the doodles!
Nothing else matters right now!111

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This story is such a non issue, in my opinion...

Rorschach test

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I guess the Google behemoth is hard to please all the people all the time.

It's like an ink-blot, the harder you look, the more the message can be convoluted.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. Google also puts things like Darwin's Birthday, Christmas, Earth Day, Mother's Day, on the front page. I think it's cool, I don't think that they're trying to put forth an opinion by doing so.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
That is a really amazing story. I understand that a portion of the creationism community might not agree that the discovery of Darwinius meant that humans evolved from them. They do not even have to agree to the dating of the fossil. But SURELY they can see how this is a very important find for at the very LEAST discovering new fossils leads up to discovering species that we never new existed? People calling Google celebrating this find "The Work of Satan" need to rethink their statement.

"And posters on message boards like Rapture Ready went much further. "I am really tired of this stupid AC [antichrist?] world... MY FATHER IS YHWH [Yahweh]... MY GOD AND MY SAVIOUR YESHUA [Jesus] and THE KADOSH RUACH [the Holy Spirit]....they [Google, not the Trinity] worship satan... Sick stuff."

-From the first link you threw up

arstechnica.com...

Why would someone compare a Fossil find to Satan? That really scares me.

Also let me add I am NOT trying to bash creationists or religions.

Just having trouble with someone arguing that a fossil = Satan.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
Why would someone compare a Fossil find to Satan? That really scares me.

Something about Satan putting fossils in the earth to confuse us or something like that. So if you believe that those fossils are really the bones of long-dead animals, then you have fallen for Satan's lies I guess.

It's a bit ridiculous if you ask me. They've done the doodle thing every once in awhile for years now and I have yet to see anything that makes me think of devil worshipping. People just needed something new to complain about I guess.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Here is a link on the history of the " doodle " .

www.google.com...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyfrompain
I'm going to just assume that the people angered by the Google doodles are also the people who try to find hidden messeges in their Alphabet cereal.

"Brian there's a message in my cereal! It says OOOOOOH"
"Peter those are Cheerios"

Must be funky Cheerios, because i've never found a H in my ones... HUH!!! Maybe thats a message!!!

"How much money am I going to win today Cheerios"
"000000000000"
"Thanks......
"

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Reminds me of when Christian groups came out against things like Pokemon or when Super Mario was supposedly a communist Super-Mario Link

And people say children are the ones with the overactive imaginations

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
this is absolutely stupid. if you are offended by google then just kill yourself. you dont deserve to live. if this is that big of a deal then just become a hermit, everything will offend you.

"American currency is racist! theres only whites on the money!!!"

stuff like that.

morons

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Would it be funny if google one day posts by accident ,

" Confirmed Aliens "

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Really?

I mean really? Way to set our species back a couple of hundred years.

Who in the world gets angry about Googlem posting the word Google, a million different ways over the course of a year?

I am most sure they aren't part of some secret society who uses the logo of Google to send their encrypted messages to their bretheren all over the world.

Or are they???

~Keeper

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Why, once again, is the media so worried about someone's religious beliefs? Isn't the "Freedom of religion" guranteed to all Americans with the Bill of Rights? Can't they find something more newsworthy to freak out about? Like a singer or children's tv show star's sexuality? That's news!! Our Founding Fathers would roll over in their grave if they could read the trash in the news these days. SOMEONE GOT PAID FOR THAT GARBAGE!!!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yeah but they KNEW this would happen and they did not care (good for them!).

When I saw the Ida doodle I knew the Christians would start to whine, and they did. The sharp minds at Google knew it too. They can choose whatever doodles they like and they do, they don't have to worry about pleasing the sheeple ever second.

new topics

top topics

join