It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enraged Man Drives Through Wichita City Hall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just found this link showing video of car being driven through the Wichita City Hall. Man enraged after being warned for having his car stero too loud. Jailed for 10 years. Incredible though that no one was injured.

www.youtube.com... r%2Dmotorist%2Dangry%2Dspeeding%2Dticket%2Ddrives%2Dcar%2DU%2DS%2Dci&feature=player_embedded

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
wow crazy video. Hes lucky hes not on for murder charges.

Should this me a case for attempted murder and bodily harm ?

Atleast he got 10 years for this stupid act.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Everyone needs to see this video.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Star and a flag and a salute from me to you Original Poster!

I truly salute this man and his mighty metal stallion as well. One by one free people will be making their stands of conscience and to all the sheep out there who whine and cry and say "Oh little Miss Bo Beep one of us could have gotten hurt"

All I have to say is "Baaaaaaaaaaa on you!"

Personally I would have selected TNT instead of For Those About to Rock, Bonn Scott surely is more deserving of being in on "The Highway to Hell"

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Cool, I've always wanted to try something like that , ever since that Blues Brothers chase scene in the mall

I'm afraid we'll be seeing more and more erratic behavior as the summer gets hotter and hotter...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
More on the incident - source Daily Mail UK

An irate motorist who was angry at being told to turn his radio down drove his car into a town hall causing more than £125,000 worth of damage.

Staff jumped for their lives as Marcus Johnson's car careered through revolving glass doors and continued down a corridor.

The 33-year-old told a court he had been angry at being pulled over by police for playing his car stereo too loud.
After being warned about the loud music, Johnson told the police officer: 'I'm going to drive my car through city hall'.

Minutes later CCTV security cameras captured the moment Johnson's saloon car crashed through the front doors of the civic building in Wichita, Kansas.

Johnson told the court in Wichita he had been hearing voices in his head that night.

His brother Maurice pleaded with the court to show leniency, claiming he needs medical help.
But a judge rejected the plea and jailed Johnson for 10 years after he pleaded no contest to battery on a law enforcement officer.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave

Johnson told the court in Wichita he had been hearing voices in his head that night.

Uh oh...was he also a vegetarian??

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for the laughs RolandB
Regarding the metal stallion - had a friend in Australia who was so enraged about his car breaking down he literally shot it, left it by the side of the road and hitch-hiked.....

Peace!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
There are a hundred acceptable reasons I could think of for plowing into city hall. Being asked to turn your radio down is not one of them.

All I can picture is one of these flat-brimmed hat, underpants showing hip-hop douchebags who vibrate their vehicles around town forcing their pollution onto the ears of everyone around them as auditory rape taking self-righteous indignation that some lowly peon of an individual suggest that he stop behaving like a douchebag and exercise some level of civil decency.

I don't mean to single out the little hip-hoppers or whatever they are. I'm sure plenty of cracker trash are driving around blaring whatever it is they classify as music as well it's just that I can't recall a time when I heard any guitars from a mile away but just this morning I felt some crappy Lil' Jon P.O.S. from a mile away.

Why? Why do you people do this? What the hell is your problem? This behavior illustrates a blanket disregard for others. A simple fine is not enough. You should be dragged out of your vehicles and kicked in the teeth repeatedly while your car is set ablaze. The law in this case protects the douchebags and their ability to harass and commit essentially what amounts to rape nearly at will and with impunity.

Even if it were my favorite song from my favorite performer your blarring it out into the world would still piss me off.

Why is it so hard to behave with an iota of common decency? Why?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Totally agree - to hear a bass thud from 4 miles away and then experiencing the Doppler shift.... And worse - usually crap music.... Wasn't condoning this. However, if it was about taxes.....

Peace!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I hear you! I hear it all day and all night where I live. Can not get sleep. People just do not care. I had a migrane so bad one day the neighbors music had me throwing up. I asked them to please turn it down, they turned it up louder.

This goes on all night long sometimes. When you call the cops they do not even show up here. I liked loud music when I was young too, but the difference is I had respect for other people. I played it it my home, and did not turn the base up a thousand degrees!

Then there is the neighbor who had his one month old in the car with him, windows closed , and had the base cranking so loud that my windows were shaking. His house is on the other side of the street and 4 houses down.
That infant is probably death now. The mother did kick him out after that.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I asked them to please turn it down, they turned it up louder.

That right there is the biggest problem. Used to be after a couple of ignored warnings you could punch the guy in the face. Do that now and you get an assault charge.

Neighbors making too much noise you ask them to keep it down. Maybe they will answer the door drunk with a gun in their hand maybe not. Call the cops and the cops ask if you asked them to keep it down. Cops come out (maybe they come out if you're lucky) and ask them to keep it down. Cops leave the noise goes right back up and now the trashy neighbors know you were complaining so they in their trashy minds they set out for "revenge" and you get up in the morning to find your car vandalized or your home. You're kids now complain about the neighbors throwing things and shouting things at them as they walk to school.

Call the cops.

Cops dont do anything.

There is no way to stop this short of chaining them in the building and setting it on fire.

Living in the world with other people is gradually becoming a non-option at the rate society is devolving.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't really believe in coincidence, but pay attention to how it seems everybody gets out of the way just in time....the car crashes through so fast it's really hard for me to believe that they all saw it coming...some of them got in to the elevator seconds before the car came barrleing down the hallway...if they saw it coming, they wouldn't have been there waiting on the elevator...some lucky folks there....oops...don't believe in luck either...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Believe this is due to time lapse of the monitoring cameras. I too thought the same on first look but then watch when the people come out of the office - there is a delay as the camera aren't recording live...

Theres' one point when a group would have all been mown down...

Peace!

[edit on 22-5-2009 by The Wave]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This guy is my new hero!! It looks like he ran some people over. He definetly watched Blues Brothers too many times!.. "This place has everything!!"

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

So we appear to have slightly digressed from the pressures of modern life and rage to....indoor driving scenes?

Ok, I'm adaptable. Please find a link for a sensible UK road test of the Ford Fiesta - watch from 4:10 onwards.....

www.youtube.com...

Peace!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
I don't really believe in coincidence, but pay attention to how it seems everybody gets out of the way just in time....the car crashes through so fast it's really hard for me to believe that they all saw it coming...some of them got in to the elevator seconds before the car came barrleing down the hallway...if they saw it coming, they wouldn't have been there waiting on the elevator...some lucky folks there....oops...don't believe in luck either...

This is due to fairly heavy editing of the tape. Watch the time code. In one of the scenes, a full 18 minutes has passed from the time the people were in the hallway and the car comes crashing through. I'm sure they did this to keep the ratings up.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Mess with people to long and they WILL start to fight back!

While I do not aplaud this guy putting innocent people at risk, I honestly can't say that I blaim him for snapping.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I still do not understand why anyone would praise this guy as a hero.

A cop can tell you to turn your music down. There are noise ordinances in most cities.

If you are driving and your music is so loud you can not hear an ambulance behind you etc that is dangerous. There is a reason for this law. It is not just something like some laws that are just money traps, example, speed camera cars.

Too many people have the attitude of I will do what I want when I want, and F everyone else. I am so tired of this attitude. This attitude we see in the youth is the same attitude we see in our politicians. There is no difference.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by amatrine]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Think this simply represents the pressures of modern life. Again I don't condone it but believe with the ever increasing control people snap.

I mentioned earlier, if it were regarding tax (stealth or otherwise...) I might have more empathy....
Peace!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join