It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One World Government is OK just as long as Jesus is in charge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
People will always tell you that the victors write history and they are right, but what they do not tell you is that these particular ones have blueprinted our demise nearly 2,000 years ago in the vision of creating a One World Government.

Christians, just want your honest opinion here. Most of you would say outright that you do not accept a One World Government and I am here to remind you that maybe you are in support of a One World Government but you are not aware of that. That is because the Bible says after the antichrist has come Jesus will rule over the entire world, does it not?

I say to you, a one world government is just that no matter who is in charge. In order to establish this goal the masses must believe that this event is unevetable as it has been prophesied for 2,000 years. The reality is that they need an evil antichrist figure to come along and make the necessary changes before Jesus comes along to make everything right.

We saw this happen when President Bush messed things up really bad and then Obama said he could fix what Bush did, but he hasn't really fixed anything has he?

Oh well, the prophesy will go on as foretold and most of you won't realize until it is to late. The prophecies are maniipulating your minds people. The prophecies are manipulating our future and our childrens future because you believe. You believe without question in things that are not even backed by physics or science. This prophecy is not a prophecy at all. Just a plan to dispose of our old religions the PTB have created so they can usher in the new one. You are marked by your blind faith in a fable and will fall victims to it's intelligent design and deception. You will usher in the NWO along with the design you will fall victim to. You will condemn people of other faiths and call them terrorists. You will usher in the NWO spoon to mouth.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
As much as I feel it's probably a bad idea, I'm going to bite at this one.

It's hard to substantiate my beliefs sometimes, so I am usually reluctant to jump on board with the Christianity discussions.

As much as I hate to admit it, I am in favor of a global system. The problem that I have now, is that we are not capable of doing that, as humans.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to be a slave to some other country's dictator. I don't want foreign troops on my street enforcing curfews and food rations.

When we have a world composed of hundreds of different countries, thousands of different people's and billions of different goals, it is impossible to advance as a species. It's every man for himself.

I have enjoyed this lifestyle, but it's hard to not be a little turned off when seeing what happens as we all scurry about, looking out for ourselves.

The ones with the money make the rules, when the money is worthless, it's the ones with the guns, or the biggest guns, or the diseases, or the nanobots.

The fundamental problem I have with a world government is that we have no qualified group that could juggle such a mixed up bunch of selfish lunatics and apply equal levels of tolerance, justice and prosperity to all people, regardless.

I can't help but think a lot of religion is designed to keep my nose clean and keep feeding the religion. I'm choosing to believe in the universe today...a power that I can't comprehend.

If the universe sends an emissary to show us how to live as a united planet, I am so much in favor of that. If it's another human being talking about how they can fix everything, I'm more than a little skeptical.

Experience has taught me that man is not to be trusted with tremendous responsibility.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

No I actually agree with you on a certain level. I mean humans are capable of destroying themselves it has happened before.

I feel that something has to change though, because I know that the current situation does not sit well but it will pass. But it does explain why religion becomes exploited and why some religious fanatics consume like it's fast food. Not all christians do this. But some do.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

[qupte]That is because the Bible says after the antichrist has come Jesus will rule over the entire world, does it not?
That's not quite it. The Bible says that the Antichrist will come and establish a one world government. As the Antichrist is getting ready to go to war with the kings from the East, Jesus comes and then establishes theocracy on Earth for 1000 years.

I say to you, a one world government is just that no matter who is in charge.

While a one world government is a one world government, there is a huge difference if the ruler is an evil demon possessed dictator, or a perfectly just and righteous God.

The prophecies are maniipulating your minds people.

Many people don't take the Bible prophecies seriously or disregard them. Many people in the world are atheistic in general. The push for a one world government that we see on Earth today isn't really from people trying to fulfill prophecy but to fufill their own greed.

You will usher in the NWO along with the design you will fall victim to.

Since many of us Christians are opposed to a one world government, right now, I don't think it's fair to say that because of some Christians taking some prophecies seriously, it's our fault that the world is going to crap.

You will usher in the NWO spoon to mouth.

More likely to be the rest of the world since Christians don't want the Antichrist's reign of terror to happen on the Earth. [More correctly, that's a yes we do, no we don't, catch 22 type thing].

In short, yes, Christians are in favor of a one world government--the one that Jesus will rule, because he's a perfect leader, which is something that the Antichrist, who will eventually rule the one world system that we see forming around us won't be. It's not the fault of Chrisitians that the world is heading in the direction that it is either but rather, Satan's longing desire to be worshiped as God and his manipulation of world leaders to make that happen.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
one world government is not ok, even if Jesus turns out to be "real".

that's like saying, one world government would be ok if we had super powers.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Christians, just want your honest opinion here.

And I was more than happy to give it to you and point out the differences between a man-made one world government and a godly one world government. But then I read your rant at the end.

What's the point of that? Do you want honest answers or are you looking for a flame war with using words like fable, blind faith, and claiming we will personally usher in the NWO? It looks like you used this thread not to get an answer to a very interesting question but just to rant at believers. A rant that was caused by some pretty blatant misconceptions, IMHO.

That tells me you are not looking for an answer or an explanation. When people ask a question followed by, 'Come on you, moron!' or to that effect, that tells me they are not really seeking an answer but are looking for a fight.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

obviously...a world government controlled by God himself is a good idea, anyone else is asking for billions to be mass killed in a craze power controlled hell hole

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If God wants a one world government he certainly doesn't need man to set it up, which is why I would never support a man made world government. Your entire argument is based on the assumption that bible prophecy is 100% correct and true, when we know without a doubt the bible has been censured in the past with entire books having been taken out that assumption isn't a very good one to make.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by miraclerock]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If you look closer at the christian religion you will find that they actually fulfill the role of the anti-christ religion.

New religion since the time of Jesus? Check.
In his name? Check.
Took up political power? Check.
Killed/tortured anyone who didn't go along with the religion? Check.

God isn't going to setup a 1 world government. You can see this plain as day in the OT where god says those who want a king and government over them reject him.

Government in itself is an evil function. It is considered a necessary evil with some valid functions because there is evil in this world. If there were no evil in the world then there would be no need for government. Don't need cops and armies etc if you don't have criminals. Don't have an excuse to force people to giving things if they do it automatically and so on. Of course, as we do have criminals and evil here, we have the need for cops and so forth.

As god is within, any true form of "government" would come from within the person, not out in society as men do.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

In his name? Check.

The false religion isn't in Jesus' name. Re-read Revelation. The false religion is against Christ and his people.

You can see this plain as day in the OT where god says those who want a king and government over them reject him.

God was refering to a human king. God wanted [and still wants] to be the king of his people. God's intended form of government for the Earth is theocracy--a government ruled by God.

[edit on 5/23/2009 by octotom]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hemoglobin obviously...a world government controlled by God himself is a good idea, anyone else is asking for billions to be mass killed in a craze power controlled hell hole

If you mean the same God who was responsible for the great flood, the destruction of Soddom and Gomorrah, stranding the Jews in the desert for 40 years, totally screwing with Job's life, and a slew of other atrocities, I fail to see where He would be any better than anyone else as an absolute ruler.

Of course, that's just me.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

We saw this happen when President Bush messed things up really bad and then Obama said he could fix what Bush did, but he hasn't really fixed anything has he?

My apologies for hijacking this thread, but I couldn't resist making this point: it's silly to have expectations for this president to 'fix' everything in the 5 months he's been in office. I mean, come on, really? Maybe it IS his critics that are the ones that think he's the messiah after all.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well, on the surface, globalization does not seem to be a bad idea. However, anyone who thinks at all can see the pitfall in it. Yes, notice I said "pitfall," not "pitfalls."

The reason for that is because there is one thing that is obvious. A global government would leave the door wide open for a one world dictator. This dictator is often referred to as the "anti-Christ."

Few people really understand the role of the "anti-Christ" in regards to God's plan for humanity.

1. Despite what many think, "anti" does not mean against. It, at least in the context that it is given, means "instead of." So "anti-Christ" really means "instead of" or "in place of" Christ.

2. He will come with answers. I suppose this is the scariest part about him. He will be a man who will seem to have all of the answers. His intelligence quotient will be off of the proverbial charts.

3. He will be a king of "Fierce Countenance." This idea that he is going to be some "handsome and charismatic" leader runs contrary to what prophecy, certainly contrary to what biblical prophecy, tells us about him.

4. He will begin his crusade against injustice and violence. Unfortunately, his hatred will only perpetuate more of the same.

5. The first 3 1/2 years will be peaceful. It will only be after he suffers the "fatal wound to the head" does he become tyrannical. Now, this here has always been a problem for me. Naturally, any one who has had an attempt made on his life is going to be somewhat bitter about it. So, what's the real problem here?

Anyway, that is just a few clarifications about the "anti-Christ." I could probably write a couple hundred pages about the modern day misconceptions of the "end times" and the "anti-Christ," but I' ll spare you the grief.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

In his name? Check.

The false religion isn't in Jesus' name. Re-read Revelation. The false religion is against Christ and his people.

Ok, Christianity still meets this.

God was refering to a human king. God wanted [and still wants] to be the king of his people. God's intended form of government for the Earth is theocracy--a government ruled by God.

And yet Paul says quite the contrary.

www.biblegateway.com...

Romans 13

1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Because as I said, Christianity is the anti-christ religion and has for 2000 years worked towards a 1 world government of MEN. According to Paul, all powers of earth even governments of men are of God. The title of the book is even an appeal to the governments of men at the time, the Romans.

So is that also how you mean "theocracy"? Is this also how you mean "god's rule"?

www.biblegateway.com...

1 Samuel 8

7And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

8According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.

9Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.

10And Samuel told all the words of the LORD unto the people that asked of him a king.

11And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots.

12And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots.

13And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers.

14And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants.

15And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants.

16And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work.

17He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants.

18And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day.

19Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us;

So, don't be surprised when you are not heard.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by badmedia]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
NWO-Controlled by evil greedy men, that sponsor wars, devalue what little we have, want to enslave us and reduce the world population is very bad. I am very against this government

NWO- Controlled by the perfect Jesus Christ from heaven, who will heal all our health problems, solve world hunger, ensure an everlasting peace, institute and enforce principles so that we do not harm ourselves and others and even the planet itself, is very good, and I support this theocratic government.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Controlled by the perfect Jesus Christ from heaven, who will heal all our health problems, solve world hunger, ensure an everlasting peace, institute and enforce principles so that we do not harm ourselves and others and even the planet itself, is very good, and I support this theocratic government.

What makes you so certain that Christ would make it some theocracy. Theocratic governments inevitably fail.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

This is pretty funny. If you would actually read what Jesus said he tells everyone NOT to listen to the Antichrist (one world leader) In fact if you take on his symbol (which will be needed for commerce, you will never enter the gates of heaven.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

If you take the Bible literally (and I do) the Great Flood was done because Satan had laid down a minefield of nephilim (half man / half angel). The flood was not only because of sin, but it was done because Satan had created a "gene pool" problem. I don't know about you but I am glad my gene pool is not that of fallen angels.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Although I personally do not believe anything any religion says, I'll bite.
Jesus never exsisted, we've got proof his story is far too much like those before him ie- Krishna, Buddah, etc.
However, to each his own.
One world government?
To you sir, I say No.
There has never been any proof God exsists, or any God for that matter.
How then, can we leave our ruling on a world wide scale, to an imaginary character?

[edit on 28-5-2009 by PublicDefenseCorp]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well im an atheist so...
but i will say a one world government is a fine and dandy idea when mankind isn't so easily corrupted and has such vile ideals.If some god comes down and wants to rule the world without any chance of humanity voting him out or selecting a different leader....well he is a dictator and a fascist and i will have no place in such a world.I will give such a god the one finger salute and be on my merry way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join