It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs law to reform Pentagon weapons buying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Obama signs law to reform Pentagon weapons buying

www.reuters.com

President Barack Obama, seeking to end the schedule delays and cost overruns that plague U.S. defense spending, signed a law on Friday to reform the way the Pentagon purchases major weapons systems.

"As commander-in-chief, I will do whatever it takes to protect the American people," Obama said at a White House signing ceremony. "But I reject the notion that we have to waste billions of dollars to keep this nation secure."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
At first reading this, I want to applaud Obama b/c our defense spending is way out of control and this law sounds great to curb some of the spending. But the conspiracy side of me say's this is just a way for Obama to control who he gives the new contracts to.

"The legislation would create a Pentagon office responsible for estimating the cost of new programs and led by a director who reports to the defense secretary."

I'm sure the director would be a direct placement by Obama and would, as it states, report directly to the defense secretary. Maybe this is legit and I am making too much out of it, or maybe this is a way for Obama and the boys to make sure the kickbacks get allocated in the right place!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Mudman21]

new topics

join