It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate O.K.'s $91 Billion in War Funds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Senate O.K.'s $91 Billion in War Funds

www.truthout.org

The Senate approved $91 billion in funding for the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan yesterday, with all senators but three voting for the bill. This, along with a House vote last week in favor of $97 billion, seals the deal for the Obama administration's first supplemental war spending request. The no-strings-attached legislation comes as a deep disappointment to progressive members of Congress, as well as to antiwar voters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well this is just the first of many war funds to be approved by the Senate under Barry O. Its interesting that we can just keep spending massive amounts of money and not seem to have any concern coming from the sleeping public. The US is broke and digging the hole bigger every day. I guess the gov't has learned nothing from the past or just don't care at all...

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-5-2009 by iamjesusphish]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Yep-More dollars we don't have to keep the military industrial complex chugging out their agendas. Awesome. While america's infrastructure and economy continues sinking into the abyss, billions more sent to overseas agendas. Big surprise. Same old, same old.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hi guys

I hope you don't mind but I thought i'd had humor to this thread

Obama signs bill tightening defense procurement
news.yahoo.com...

hahhahahaaaaaa

Isn't that funny?
What a joke!

The man who increased spending by 11% and is expanding the war from iraq to the entire middle east is proud of this bill.

What a JOKE!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ooooh . .. when did the war officially spread to Pakistan?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

wow, thats all I have to say to that...

Can anyone say hypocrite?

new topics

top topics

join