It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY press attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

NY press attacks "New World Order" film
May 22, 2009
movies.nytimes.com...

Few things are as tiresome as listening to people rant about their conspiracy theories. While there are, no doubt, tantalizing speculations to be made about the “inside job” that demolished the World Trade Center and the nefarious agenda of the global elite, movies about such things do well to involve James Bond and giant explosions.

“New World Order,” an unrelentingly tedious documentary by Luke Meyer and Andrew Neel, follows a group of considerably less glamorous truth-seekers.

The most prominent of the filmmakers’ subjects, the radio host Alex Jones, who is based in Austin, Tex., rails against the powers that be — all of them — in a manner that reinforces every cliché of the conspiracy theorist loon: paranoid, megalomaniacal, delusional, sweaty.

The documentary’s most action-packed scene finds Mr. Jones throwing a major hissy fit when his hotel fire alarm goes off, thereby proving, without a shadow of a doubt, that “they” are trying to suppress his revelations.

On the (somewhat) mellower side, Luke Rudowski, a 21-year-old New Yorker, spends all his free time distributing fliers and DVDs purporting to uncover the truth about 9/11.

Seth Jackson, a relief worker in Louisiana, does his part by heckling Bill Clinton and other dark overlords. A retired police officer, Jack McLamb, meanwhile, has retreated to the safety of a separatist militia group.

There’s a movie to be made about the psychology of such men, their personal lives and private obsessions. “New World Order” merely gawks at them.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This gets me pissed! No doubt that the author of the article probably is some little dweeb that feels he's better then "those conspiracy nuts!" Many of us believe in the New World Order, for the evidence is there.

But no, we have to have a little article by this scumbag to show that this movie is only able to be bad, and that anybody who believe in the conspiracy of 9/11 or the New World Order is dumb...

*Ends rant.*

I'm sorry, but I hate people like that. I hate people who, like him, no doubt, probably did no legwork on any other conspiracy, and so, feels like he did something cool because he puts down, what he most likely considers, a small group of people...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I watched this recently, and had to turn it off after half an hour. It's the presentation and editing that makes it a turn off, not the content (well, apart from Jack McLamb).

While my mind is open, this video was way below what I'd class as intellectual stimuli on the subject matter.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I agree, I think the article criticizes the film, not the movement. It is a shame that some people will equate the two though. It is far to easy to cast conspiracy theorists in the stereotypical way, and a poorly made documentary does more harm than good.

I think most mainstream people respect conspiracy theorists and expect them to do their part in exposing things. Not everyone has the time or inclination to do it. We serve a role in opposition to MSM and big government, to maintain the equilibrium. A lot of people recognize this fragile equilibrium whether they know it or admit it or not.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Funny, there was a guy that came onto ATS some time ago saying he was going to make a film about conspiracy theorists, seeking someone to interview. I can't seem to find it. STAR for anyone that can! Maybe it's the same guy.

Funny how the MSM will only support attacks against conspiracy theorists, rather than doing what they are supposed to do and researching the "theories" for themselves and reporting on their findings with neutrality. And no, I am not talking about the biased as hell BBC documentaries filled with outright lies, or the Popular Mechanics of the world either.

The news organization that hires a bunch of them to really do the research will be an instant hit! We need true independence back in MSM! At current what we have is CIA-infiltrated White House parrots for news organizations.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
To me it all boils down to one concept that seems to either be avoided or distorted at best and that's the TRUTH. If the truth, be it good or bad was the guiding priciple of the people of the world than there would be no conspiracy theory's and we could go about our lives loving those that we care about and striving to succeed to make our lives better.
Without the truth, cover-ups, hidden agenda's, greed, and power manifest themselves into the world we're stuck with today. So with out the truth, how can anyone not expect people to speculate on what's behind the curtain and theorize what it all means in the grand scheme of things.
I can handle the truth, and I think my fellow Americans can too.

new topics

top topics

join