It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Shall Feel No Pain!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
So I have this theory.

So what brings about death? Pain.
If you're not scared of death, you shouldn't be scared of pain.

It is like fearing the messenger, but not the message.

I believe in reincarnation, so i am not (truly) scared of death. And well, you know when you stub your toe, your not going to die, so why should you feel it.
Pain is just a message, telling your body, that if you continue doing what is bringing about pain, it could result in something bad.
Worst case senario, death.

If i stub my toe, or trap my finger in a door (that really hurts) i just say to myself, "I should not be feeling this. I will not feel pain" It soon goes away as quickly as it came.

Obviously if you were being stabbed, or chopped up with a chainsaw, that would hurt, and wouldnt be able to be blocked out as easy, but well, practice makes perfect. And no, I'm not telling you to go and expose yourself to lots of pain to practice, but when you do do one of those really annoying things, just tell yourself you shouldn't feel it.

Any thoughts, boy and girls?

Love&Light.

Jacob

[edit on 22/5/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
i dont know man

the bible clearly states he was suffering in great pain

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Oooh damn, really?

Well i'll confess, i have never read the bible, so ill scrap that bit.

The main message, the second half.

Haha, i shoulda checked that out first.

Love&Light

Jacob

Edit - Edited all Jesus related terms out of main OP.
Haha i'm such a fool

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH

If i stub my toe, or trap my finger in a door (that really hurts) i just say to myself, "I should not be feeling this. I will not feel pain" It soon goes away as quickly as it came.

Obviously if you were being stabbed, or chopped up with a chainsaw, that would hurt, and wouldnt be able to be blocked out as easy, but well, practice makes perfect. And no, I'm not telling you to go and expose yourself to lots of pain to practice, but when you do do one of those really annoying things, just tell yourself you shouldn't feel it.

(And the only reason that I included Jesus into all this, is because, well, ill get more people checking it out, and thats because, everyone loves Jesus)

Any thoughts, boy and girls?

Love&Light.

Jacob

I used to think right along these lines. And that's exactly what I still try to do when I suffer these incidents. Stumping my toe on wall, at first you are in shock, then denial and you keep saying "pain is coming, block it out!" What I do personally is try to imagine a reflection of myself across the room looking at myself. Like try and distance myself from the pain by "pretending" to be a third party just witnessing the event.

I read somewhere the most effective way to sustain pain is to get yourself into a form of meditation, where you acknowledge the pain but control it and make it less severe. This works for both physical and mental pain.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Pain doesn't always bring about death.

If you're not scared of death, you shouldn't be scared of pain.

I don't know if "scared" of pain is the right word. Are people scared of pain? I wouldn't say so. Do people avoid pain? Yep. We always move towards pleasure so being in pain goes against our born nature or ego. Death is an idea, pain is an experience so it makes it maybe a bit more complicated than "If you're not scared of death, you shouldn't be scared of pain".

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

I guess so,
I thought that when writing it, i wasnt sure whether to use "scared" or not.
Well, rather that being scared, and yes, its nature to avoid it, we should need to feel it.

Love&Light.

Jacob

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
pain is a signal sent by your nerves which is interpreted by your brain as unpleasant, the same nerves send similar signals which the brain interpenetrates as pleasant and your brain releases a whole heap of dopamine either way, pain or pleasure, so theoretically, i guess you could choose to ignore your pain.

there are those that claim they find pain pleasurable.

afraid of pain though, i dunno, i avoid it if possible but i wouldn't say i'm afraid of it.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yeah, i guess being afraid of pain is the wrong word.

I thing i saw a documentary a while back, about this guy who actually had whole operations done, without annestetic. Thats absolutely crazy. I couldnt get my head around how he would be able to block it out to that extent.

And people who find pain pleasurable?
I never really understood bondage...

Love&Light.

Jacob

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
i dont know man

the bible clearly states he was suffering in great pain

Does is specify which type. Physical or emotional pain though?

that is the real question.

Two totally different things there and the emotional could be worse if he was as great as they say he was.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You might find this article interesting:

www.cnn.com...

When you first meet 4-year-old Roberto Salazar, you can't help but notice his unwavering smile and constant laughter. By all accounts, he's a very happy boy.
It is only when he rams his head violently into walls or plays a little too roughly with a schoolmate, all the while smiling, that you are reminded that he suffers from an incredibly rare genetic disorder. Roberto is one of 17 people in the United States with "congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis," referred to as CIPA by the few people who know about it.

I like this quote about pain:

“Pain and death are part of life. To reject them is to reject life itself.”

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
we need the pain ...

pain is a method to warn us about a problem in our body ... if we didnt have that ..it would be crazy...you just would DIE without explanation ...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Wow, thats pretty cool.
He doesn't actually feel pain - through a disorder.
I'll read the rest of the article now.

Thanks for the link, and that is a pretty cool quote too

Love&Light.

Jacob

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

No you wouldn't.

Pain tells us that if the thing causing pain continues, it could lead to something bad.
You wouldn't die randomly.
If you didnt feel pain from stubbing your toe, why would you die without explanation?

Love&Light.

Jacob

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have a fairly successful method of blocking out pain of the 'stubbed toe' variety.

I just go within myself, as deep as I can to a sort of central dark place and stay there as the pain subsides. It does tend to save me from a prolonged and extremely painful experience.

The major problem with this is the presence of other people when I have the accident. People who stand there and demand to know what the matter is, getting more and more agitated if I ignore them.

This method wasn't much use to me when I had tooth-ache for nearly a month (I needed root-canal surgery and had two really useless dentists). What I did find was that walking very briskly helped a little bit. Not much, but a bit - it gave me something else to focus on.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Yeah, it can get annoying when you a standing focusing on blocking it out, and your family members or other people are screaming down your ear hole.

And that tooth thing sounds nasty

If i am in alot of pain, constantly, or stress, i have a relief mediation that i use.

I'll stick myself in a half-lotus, making a circle with my index finger and thumb, and rest them on my knees.

Like this very nice lady, staring in google search ^^

Take a deep breath in, and visual you taking in positive feelings, and love etc, and exhale, breathing out pain, and general negativity. I do this during my everyday mediations about 3 times, but if i am doing in specifically because of stress or pain, i will try about 5 times.

I usually visualise myself concealled in a coccoon of light, that negativity cannot enter and when i breath out, i release all pain, not allowing in back into my "coccoon."

Eventually, im left with just positive feelings.

Depending on what i am trying to relief, i will vary it slightly.

Love&Light.

Jacob

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Interesting. A strange thing is that it can go the other way around. Next time you go to the dentist and he gives you novacaine if you put your attention on the area you can actually block the novacaine out and feel the pain.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is why the practice of visualization/meditation is so important. If you can BE somewhere else in your mind as you are being chopped up by a chain saw, you should be able to conquer the pain and the fear.

I'm sure it's not as easy as it sounds, but in theory, makes perfect sense!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I do a lost of karate and MMA, and from it I usually am in a bit of pain for a couple of days.
Pain is good, it lets you know your body needs a break when you've over exerted yourself, or it can tell you when you need to move.
My thing is not to block pain, but to let it kind of wash over me, and walk it out.

And pain rarely causes death, though it can happen. Many forms of death can be fairly painless.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Ever hear the expression...... "No pain no gain". Pain is what separates the carnal from the spiritual. Yahushua definitely felt pain. He did not fear pain because He had no fear of death. Pain reminds us of our mortality. Those who fear death fear pain and do everything in their power to avoid suffering. That is why Yahushua is known as the "Suffering Servant".... Isaiah 53.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I learned about pain years ago. It is a mechanical process of sorts that only exists in the brain. The signals coming from the nerves are just that... signals.

I find the simplest way for me to turn off pain is to literally step into my mind and flip the switch. It's not as simple as turning off a light switch, though... more like a reostat(sp?).

Interesting, though, there are built in survival instincts that are incredibly hard to get around. For example when taking a blood glucose test, I have the hardest time pushing the button that makes the lancet do the skin prick. It doesn't hurt, I know it doesn't hurt, but I still can't fire the nerves necessary to push down on the button. I think that may be the "fear of pain" that Jacob was getting at.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join