It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

front door gps census...why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
So I've been racking what brains I have and scouring the net for a reason behind why the U.S. is doing this front door gps census...

the only story on the net is a regurgitated one linking, swine flu, national emergency, missiles hitting front doors ect.. I don't buy this at all.

what we need to do is think of what can be done by having a database that shows exactly where a house is, and how it relates to the street/town/district it is in, and who lives there........

I think the answer is very simple. GERRYMANDERING........

Gerrymandering is a form of redistribution in which electoral district or constituency boundaries are deliberately modified for electoral advantage. Gerrymandering may be used to help or hinder particular constituents, such as members of a political, racial, linguistic, religious or class group.

link

IMO this is what is going on, the voting districts boundaries are going to be changed on a massive scale to ensure that elections always go in the favour of those implementing these measures.....

Of course i could be way off the mark, and it is just a way for those living on the moon in years to come to know where the houses are, after the world is submerged in water/ice in the next big flood/ice age...

So whats your thoughts, whats really going on here?

[edit on 22/5/2009 by whoswatchinwho]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The Census has been done for years, this is nothing new.

We now have GPS technology.

They're using the current technology to do the census now. No conspiracy, just using today's latest and greates tools, thats all.

Here's some other info

The United States Census is a decennial census mandated by the United States Constitution.[1] The population is enumerated every 10 years and the results are used to allocate Congressional seats (congressional apportionment), electoral votes, and government program funding.[2] Some states or local jurisdictions also conduct local censuses.

The census is performed by the United States Census Bureau. The first census after the American Revolution was taken in 1790, under Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson; there have been 21 federal censuses since that time.[2] The last national census was held in 2000 and the next census is scheduled for 2010. For years between the decennial censuses, the Census Bureau issues estimates made using surveys and statistical models.

Source

[edit on 22-5-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well pinpointing front doors makes sense if you want to know the exact location of the house, I've seen some ask why not just do it at the roadside but many homes can be a long way off the road so that method isn't particularly accurate.

I have to add that I haven't heard the word gerrymander since highschool!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I'm not so sure, I'm in the UK so voting registration districts may be different, but probably not that different.

where I live there are a lot of smallish villages that are slowly expanding as new streets are being built, where my parents live the front door is in a district that has a huge Labour majority, if his house were 20feet further back he would be in a lib. dem. district held by a small majority, so slightly changing the boundry could give labour the majority in both districts.

edit: to add that quote talks about the 2010 census, thing change a lot in a year, people move a lot and by next year the main reason for the census wont be so accurate

I agree that it's a sign of the times to use the most up to date technology but there seems to be a lot of secrecy in the US over this, why wasn't a flyer sent out to tell people what is going on and why they need to do it so precisely ??

[edit on 22/5/2009 by whoswatchinwho]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I was wondering how accurate the census really is. I havent seen these GPS census takers here yet anyways. I do remember people getting a census form to fill out but I dont ever remember getting one of these. IDK I was just wondering.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Here's what a Census worker had to say...

As a lister, I’ve had many frustrations with the HHC. The GPS is so slow that it can’t catch up with my walking, thus many map spot errors. For 24 hours computer wouldn’t transmit. Clock set to incorrect time (no, I did not let HHC battery drain.) No explanation from Help. Finally got to reset.

Source

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
My theory as to why GPS is being used is that street signs and house numbers are easily removed. If the UN sends troops into my community because we've failed as a country and the PTB have decided to round up all of the firearms, you can bet thats a defensive tactic that will be employed by Americans. At least that's what I'd do. No sense in making it to easy for them.
Now, as I take off with my paranoia cloak, another reason may very well be the redrawing of districts and population distribution numbers for the most up to date and accurate information available. The way things seem to be going with the fall of the dollar and the piper we're going to have to pay, I'm putting my cloak back on.....

[edit on 22-5-2009 by The Undertaker]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

elevated, that ties in with my opinion of hand-held civilan GPS.
Sure, there are much more accurate units available to the Military...precise details likely classified. AND, certainly very expensive, and not going into the hands of preliminary foot-soldiers (pun) for the upcoming Census.

I'm thinking the units currently being used aren't much different than what your friendly UPS or FedEx delivery person uses...[EDIT] and probably not as nice as the ones you can by at Radio Shack!!!

Noting the trouble with the time, as reported - most people realize that accurate time is imperative to the functioning of GPS, right?

[edit on 5/22/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So they can target your house with their electronic warfare devices they have on the international space station... they can microwave you in your sleep... a few weeks of low dose microwaves can screw your body up... or maybe its so they can target your house with a gps guided missle or something...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The history of the U.S. Census and its Bureau a division of the Commerce Department is a colorful one.

Of course I personally think the fact that is conducted by the Commerce Department is the real conspiracy to begin with. Why on earth would the Commerce Department be so interested in counting citizens and knowing where they live if citizens them fact were not commerce…a nice way of saying slaves.

Now of course many of you will say well, the Internal Revenue Service needs and has a right to know…which is a very nice way of saying Master look I picked an apple for you today and one for the teacher!

Many of you will no doubt say, well this technology helps the Government find your house. Obviously the Census Taker had no problem finding your house though without its GPS coordinates. Well, hey Police and Emergency personnel this helps them. Of course it does because we all know the Police and Emergency personnel are dispatched from hundreds if not thousands of miles a way and are not professionally intimate with your neighborhood already!

Some are going to say well, our government is in the process of making the niftiest 3-D maps just like Google earth they are so cool. “Honey pull over at the gas station and ask for directions maybe they have a 3-D map?”…”Dear I told you I am not lost, I know where the place is, I just took a wrong turn that’s all!”

Now will the 3-D maps come in those neat Disney like books with the Cardboard Fold Outs of Cinderella’s Castle?

Oh boy!

Now originally the Census was of course to help determine how many Congressional Representatives each State in the Union would qualify for. This is also the same formula used for the Electoral College.

In 1903 it was moved from the Department of the Interior to the Department of Commerce, because everyone knows voting is all about commerce? ? ?

Now interestingly the country is divided in to 12 districts with the 13th being the Census Bureau in Washington D.C., hey just like the Federal Reserve has 12 districts with the 13th being in Washington D.C. ask Kelly Bundy would say what a cowinkiedink!

It’s a popular number so popular that the laws governing the Census were formalized in 1954 under the U.S. Code Title 13.

We as citizens fall under a fun Chapter 5 heading of Title 13 titled Subchapter II-Population, Housing and Unemployment other wise known as §141. Population and other Census Information, previously used subsections §142-146 have been repealed

Cornell University Law School §141. Population and other Census Information

Now as I posted in RonPaulGirl’s thread yesterday if I had to guess what they are up to in tagging doors with GPS coordinates it would be…

Silent Sound Spectrum

Subliminally, a much more powerful technology was at work: a
sophisticated electronic system to 'speak' directly to the mind of
the listener, to alter and entrain his brainwaves, to manipulate
his brain's electroencephalograph ic (EEG) patterns and
artificially implant negative emotional states-feelings of fear,
anxiety, despair and hopelessness. This subliminal system doesn't
just tell a person to feel an emotion, it makes them feel it; it
implants that emotion in their minds.[2]

Raven1.net

What are Masters are up to this time I really don't know...but Toby want to go home now...please???

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Personally,
I'm not seeing nor have experienced the "front door" aspect here.

I was outside, halfway down the driveway, putting a new belt on the mower when the census employee showed up. She introduced herself, explained why she was here and handed me the slip of paper they issue to each household. She asked how many residents and was quickly on her way to the neighbor down the road. No GPS device nor anything else in her hands... just the slip of paper explaining why she was here.

???

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
targetfreedom.typepad.com...

I believe this is why our front doors are being tagged with GPS. The census workers who live here are having no trouble finding our addresses. If foreign troops were to come here, they would have trouble finding the addresses without GPS.

new topics

top topics

join