It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 911 Investigation Cost/Worth Comparison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
$175 Million - Columbia Space Shuttle Investigation (7 people died)
$100 Million - Challenger Investigation (7 people died)
$80 Million - Starr Investigation - Whitewater & Lewinsky
$15 Million* - 9/11 Investigation (3000 u.s. citizens + millions of iraqis died)

Many of the Commissioners are on record stating how the CIA and military officials had obstructed/detoured/derailed their investigation.

Given such a lack of cooperation, how is $15 million even enough to begin to get to the bottom of what happened? I can see the press releases and printing costs covered... but there certainly wasn't enough to pay for a real investigation that would have required substantial legal muscle to dig at the ground that the WhiteHouse/CIA/FBI/MI-5/MOSSAD stand on.

While keeping all of this in consideration;
I'd like to pose this question to all of those who still drink/think from the "official story" troff:

How could the investigation of the greatest disaster in U.S. history... cost so little? What merit could such a cheap investigation have? An old axiom comes to mind... "you get what you pay for"

* The 9/11 Commission was originally allotted only $3 million.
Eventually, after much prodding, the Commission was given an additional $12 million.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Interesting, do you have an official breakdown of how that money was supposedly spent? Goes to show you where the government's priorities lie. I think the majority of the money was probably put into covering it up, paying people off, etc.. and not investigating it. But why would you look for the shooter when you're the one holding the gun?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
After the planes crashed, a random guy "Harley Shirt Man" already knew what had happened, why the towers fell and pretty much the whole story. So why would the 9/11 Commision be given any money whatsoever to spend on finding out what happened.

I don't trust, scratch that, I REALLY don't trust the Official 9/11 Report. ATS has taken that report and smashed it to pieces numerous times. A new investigation needs to happen and Obama won't allow it, Cheney will make damn sure it doesn't.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xp4ul13x
Interesting, do you have an official breakdown of how that money was supposedly spent?

As of yet, i haven't been able to find such an itemization... but i may have found where all or a portion of the funds were distributed to:

$1 Million - ACSE/FEMA Reports*
$16 Million - NIST Report on WTC 1 & 2
$4 Million - NIST Report on WTC 7

*"Building Performance Study" and the "Pentagon Building Performance Study", created by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) volunteers selected by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), called the Building Performance Assessment Team (BPAT). Funding provided by FEMA

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It's funny that new evidence has surfaced regarding demolitions, and yet they thoroughly checked everything. Seems to me they are implicated, if that other evidence is real regarding the nano thermite scientist finding.

Has NIST responded to those who believe that the WTC towers collapsed in ways other than the mechanisms determined by the NIST investigation? When the final report on the WTC towers was released in October 2005, many in the building design, construction, fire, rescue, safety, and legislative communities praised the three-year effort as the authoritative accounting of the events that took place and began working with NIST to use the report’s 30 recommendations to improve building codes, standards, and practices. However, there have been claims from so-called “alternative theory” groups that factors other than those described in the NIST report brought the towers down. To respond to a number of the questions raised, NIST has posted a fact sheet on the investigation Web site (wtc.nist.gov...). The fact sheet explains how NIST found no corroborating evidence for alternative hypotheses suggesting that the WTC towers were brought down by controlled demolition using explosives planted prior to 9/11, or that missiles were fired at or hit the towers. Instead, the fact sheet describes how photographs and videos from several angles clearly showed that the collapse initiated at the fire and impact floors and that the collapse progressed from the initiating floors downward, until the dust clouds obscured the view. NIST respects the right of others to hold opinions that do not agree with the findings in its report on the collapses of WTC 1 and 2. However, the WTC Investigation Team stands solidly behind the collapse mechanisms for each tower and the sequences of events (from aircraft impact to collapse) as described in the report.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The Answer is NO ... but the alternative is death... you choose... because if we are not the home of the free and land of brave... cough cough .... then it will be... because the American Dream can never die or be conquered... especially without a good elite ass whipping...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

Well right there you have 21 million dollars. Now, find an itemization for the hundreds of thousands of hours spent by FBI and other federal agencies working on 9/11 issues.

Far more than 15 million dollars was spent on investigating the events of that day.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Do you mean, like all of the hours that made up all of the years that the one man who knew it all, FBI Assistant Director O'Neill who was tracking al Qaeda and Osama bin Laden? ... who conveniently went down with the towers on 911. If you are talking FBI after... Mueller's first day on the job was Sept 4 2001... just one week before the 911... again great timing.

Now if the FBI is being used to conduct the 911 Commission's investigation, isn't that a conflict of interest? Being that the FBI shared a large part of the responsibility for what happened, shouldn't we be investigating them?

Getting back to the comparison of previous investigations in cost;

If our NASA bloopers average 100+ Million to investigate, without the aid of intelligence agencies. Shouldn't the 911 investigation cost at least 100 Million in technical review alone? Add the Starr investigation in, which required zero technical review and were talking at least double the cost and time... and i'm really going out of my way to give a low estimate.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC
A new investigation needs to happen and Obama won't allow it, Cheney will make damn sure it doesn't.

I'll second that notion, but there may just be some hope on the horizon,
called the NYC 9/11 Investigation Ballot Initiative

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

top topics

join