It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Megalith discovered in Vietnam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Researchers from the Vietnam Archaeology Institute and the Hanoi University of Culture have discovered a megalith of nearly 2,000 years old in Tao Dao district, Vinh Phuc province.

Full story w/pics

always love reading about these kinds of things

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
A Dolmen? Yawn.
I thought you were going to give us something truly splendid, like Angkor.
Dolmens are interesting too I suppose, we've got them here in Australia too.
Do they have any idea who bulit this one?
2000 years seems pretty young for a locale thats not far from the Ancient Khmer Empire, how was it dated

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Interesting, not as "exciting" as some discovery's, but interesting.

KRIS - Where do we have them in Australia. That's the first I have heard of this

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LenGXV6

When I was young, I used to go shooting with my pop. We would go down to a place called Cullerin. A town of about 3 houses. It lies between Yass and Gunning,NSW.
We would walk for days on the massive property, owned by a sheep farmer, my pop had worked for, for over 30 years.
Pop had shown me various things on this property (he knew very well); one thing was a Dolmen structure on top of a hill. A very steep and rugged hill it was.
At the top the dolmen pearched.
I asked if it was natural, he said maybe the Aboriginals had built it.
It was all so long ago, sorry I dont have photos etc.
My grandfather was a though man, and could walk the legs of his mates and young fellas like me; for days up into those hills.
I'm sure there are others in Australia as well.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I guess it would be possible the Aboriginals built it.

I remember seeing a tv show many years ago about Aboriginals building a type of round house and farming for eels, I think it was down that wayor maybe a bit further south.

Never heard anything more on it.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LenGXV6

Eels

Eeeeeeeels

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
dude it looks just like the ones we have in ireland ,my fam have afew there should be bones or some bone parts in it. its a tomb for some wee vietnam mans ancestors lol cool

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

When young I lived at a place called Emu Heights, on the foot of the Blue Mountains near Sydney.
As a pastime my friends and I, after school and weekends would go for various bushwalks in our local area.
One particular place we would visit, was a place we named Red Hand cave.
Littered with aboriginl art, and of coarse, many red Ocre painted hand-prints.
On route to this particular cave, as one climbed to near the top of the escarpment, there were long tracts of lowlying stone walls. the stones were local Shale, and were roughly about the size of three adult fists, and extended for over 100 meters in length; reminiscent of terracing.
At the time we labelled them as "convict walls", however, thinking back, it was a heavily wooded area.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The Crit! The Crit!
Guys, this is satire.
They and The Weekly World News work in cahoots...
The Crit is BS.

Edit: Oh, dip me in poop and roll me in breadcrumbs!

in.news.yahoo.com...

Corroborated...

I still, however, don' trust the Crit until I see more sources... They already got me with that angel carving they found on the moon.

[edit on 5/22/2009 by impaired]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
thats great, i love that they are still finding new discoveries like this all the time!

its easy to think of all the mysteries being solved already but its not even close to been true.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

This seems to be the source of the article, it's about word for word what's written on all of the other articles.

english.vietnamnet.vn...

new topics

top topics

join