It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAF Holds Drill Simulating All-Out War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

IAF Holds Drill Simulating All-Out War

www.jpost.com

Israel Air Force squadrons took part in a large scale drill simulating war on all fronts over the past four days, Channel 10 reported Thursday.

Fighter jets, cargo planes and missile defense systems of the corps took part in the drill where defense from a simultaneous attack against Israel from the south and the north was simulated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
"Iran Threat" is becoming my daily "Iran Thread" ... But news are very concerning, and to make timelines, remembering proggress of this scary war mongering agenda - these headlines and discussions needs their place, also here in ATS.

Iran War is coming - is there anything we can do to stop these maniacs?

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Related Breaking News collection,

US, Israel together in 'dismantling Iran'
www.presstv.ir...

'1 in 4 Israelis would consider leaving country if Iran gets nukes'
www.haaretz.com...

IAF drill simulates all-out regional war
www.haaretz.com...

'EU will now back tough Iran sanctions'
www.jpost.com...

Hizbullah: Israel plotting to kill Nasrallah
www.ynetnews.com...

IAF completes nationwide drill
www.ynetnews.com...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Surely if Iran were to attack Israel, the threat would be coming from the East? Unless they are thinking they might be attacked by more than 1 country.............?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

With my knowledge if Israel opens bombing run to Iran - it will cause direct counter attacks from Lebanon, Syria and Iran.

Hamas will join with everything they have from Gaza, and West Bank is waited to set in flames too.

Also Jordania will have to rethink their position. (Jordania was in the edge at Gaza Op, where 80% of population are Palestinians) And there is signs that civil war can broke out in Saudi Arabia, Iraq and other parts of gulf too.

What I have saw, Shias around the east are committed to answer with Jihad to possible Israeli aggressions. Turkey was in edge of military coup at the time of Gaza Op, and Iran Op will destabilize also Egypt.

Iran War will without a doubt cause wide escalations in region.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

With my knowledge if Israel opens bombing run to Iran - it will cause direct counter attacks from Lebanon, Syria and Iran.

I think Israel will not bomb Iran, The air force exercises are just to check the readiness of the air force and a message to Iran, to not attack Israel.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Well, would kind of make sense that if you are planning an attack on a country, and you anticipate an escalated response, that you would probably run drills simulating that anticipated response- and how to defend against it. On the other hand, they may just be anticipating a coordinated first strike against them, and drilling accordingly.

What I'm curious about is how they plan on defending against the Russian fleet in the Mediterranean- if Russia joins in too. I'm not sure if Russia ever withdrew that fleet- as I recall they were planning on leaving it there for quite some time.

Recent splits of political opinion on the Iran matter and the West Bank/Gaza issue between Israel and the US are cause for concern. I have no doubt in my mind that Israel would try a unilateral Iran assault, with plans on nuking any country who dared join a coordinated response- especially Northern Syria. Lebanon would probably be too close for nukes- as Israel would have to contend with its own nuclear fallout- and the same with Southern Syria.

Wildcards are Egypt and Turkey, while China would probably hold back until it was really necessary for them to get involved. All I can say is that the US had better stay as far away as possible from the resulting disaster that will ensue if Israel decides to unilaterally attack Iran. And if this does happen, Iran had better be real careful who they shoot back at- not assume the US is involved- and make a big mistake attacking the Persian Gulf fleet.

Said it before and will say it again: Israel had better get used to the idea of Iran having a nuclear energy program. It is their inherent right to do so, and Israel's best bet is to trust that the IAEA will continue to monitor Iranian nuclear weapons development- as well as Russian oversight in fueling the reactors. To date there is not enough credible evidence that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons for Israel to attack them. Preemptive strike doctrine hopefully went out the door with Dubya.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thanks from your sophisticated reply.

Russian position in this Iran situation is of course key to understand magnitute of threats in very possible - or can we already say - imminent Iran attack.

Latest developement in Georgia and Kazahkstan will decide much from future... Russia and EU summit which has now ended today in failure wont give rosy picture from situation. Iranian president is invited to next SCO meeting - and if they accept Iran as full member state to SCO - strategical situation will turn upside down in many ways.

Russian fleet with Chinese are active in coast of Somalia - where "pirate hunt" is giving needed cover to all fleet movements to area. If there will broke out missile contest --- everything can happen in seconds --- And everyone is already there.

What we can say - "we cant know..." And some days I think does anyone?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I'd be careful in relying too heavily on Israeli news organizations for opinions on the matter, and same with Iranian sources. They continually go out of their way to vilify each other. If I didn't know any better, I could have sworn they were Republicans and Democrats.

top topics

join