It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kendall Files - Yet Another Church of England Abuse Cover Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Kendal House Files

A UK Radio investigation in to the Kendal house files have uncovered evidence to prove without a shadow of a doubt that the Church Of England covered up abuse that was suffered by the women in care during the 70's and 80's that resulted in the birth of defected babies.

The BBC investigation centres around one women Theresa Cooper,

One former resident, Teresa Cooper, has had three children, all with birth defects, since leaving the home in 1984 aged 16, the programme found.

This women requested here records by filing a FOIA with the COE to prove not only the fact that they forced her to take drugs but the fact that the drugs resulted in the birth defects of her babies. She was stonewalled every step of the way.

Its saddening to read:

Her eldest son was born with respiratory problems, her second was born blind with learning difficulties, and her daughter was born with a cleft palate and a short lower jaw.

Here is a statement from 1994 from Wandsworth social services about this case:

It is obvious that the home's regime involved regular and exceptionally high doses of drugs, especially for young people who were regarded as problems. My constituent's dosages included intravenous doses given while she was being held down by both male and female staff. I understand that the recommended valium dose for children and teenagers, even in exceptional circumstances, is in the range of 5 to 10 mg, yet I have been told that, in this case, doses of up to 100 mg were given intravenously. I have read copies of files that show that three or four doses of 20 mg were given in a day. High doses of valium at that age are recognised as contributing to hallucinations and to behavioural problems. By any standards, those doses and their frequency are disturbing. Most people would find the attitudes revealed in the home's files to be unacceptable

However recently new evidence has come out to prove the fact that the COE did try to cover up this 'unfortunate mess' because they were scared of lawsuits.

In a statement issued on April 7 2009 by the Church Of England it said it would cooperate with any further enquiries. However they didn't seem to be complying with what they said and that they dug their heels in with every opportunity of getting to the bottom of what exactly happened at Kendall House.

They also said

"It would be inappropriate for the diocese to initiate any internal inquiries since we are not qualified to do this,"

The new evidence and an official witness now show that a man called Adrian Speller signed out the files of Kendall House. Despite the COE saying this was not the case and also that Theresa cooper and other women received over 1000 doses EACH of various cocktails of drugs over the period they were there.

Now that they have been found out and have nowhere to turn they have now said that "Adrian Speller acted in accordance to the COE and no action will be taken internally against him".

It makes my blood boil when I read statements like this.

I can't find alot of information about Adrian Speller which is a shame because this man is directly responsible for removing the records to cover up the abuse suffered by the hands of the authorities and should be hounded and publicised. IMHO

I think its absolutely disgusting, how the Religious authorites can do these things and not face any prosecution!

You may or may not be interested in this thread, however, the reason I write it to try and gain as much attention as possible to the fact that Religion and religious groups in this case christians are responsible for much the pain and sorrow in this world and I pity anyone that stands by their faith when these atrociities happen in this world.

This is just one instance that has caused many people much pain and I urge you to spare a thought for the suffering of the defected babies bought about by the regime of the COE.

Thanks for reading

Sources

Statement Wandsworth social services 1994

Girls Drugged At Care Home Had Deformed Babies

Kendall House Abuse - Teresa Cooper - Public Enquiry Called For

Stop in justice Now

[edit on 22-5-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

You may or may not be interested in this thread, however, the reason I write it to try and gain as much attention as possible to the fact that Religion and religious groups in this case christians are responsible for much the pain and sorrow in this world and I pity anyone that stands by their faith when these atrociities happen in this world.

You may or may also not be interested in my reply but over-generalization is also responsible for much the pain and sorrow in this world and I pity anyone that stands by their faith when these atrocities happen in this world.

Generalization leads to genocide and involve lots of innocent people... When you are pointing fingers at others, you got three fingers pointing at yourself(if you're human). I'm not trying to defend anyone because everyone is capable of atrocious acts even the most devout Christians or even Aetheists. Historical facts prove religious or non-religious alike , men and women have committed atrocities all in the name of power and money...

[edit on 22-5-2009 by ahnggk]

new topics

join