It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird but pleasurable week - finally!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
A few days ago, there was a thread (lost track of it now) about angels. Someone asked about angels and something about how to find the name of your personal angel. I didn't reply to the threat, if I had, I could find it more easily.

Anyhoo, I thought to myself (because I had to walk to the store late at night) that when I pass the church on the way (which always has new sayings on their billboard out front every week) it will name my angel. Well, I did go to the store and it had some quote and 'Joshau' in quotations within it. I smiled.

I don't know if he was an angel? Do you? I know of him from my limited religious education like many -- Joshua was a character in the Easter movie about Moses.
Either way I felt better.

Very recently, I think a lot. I live like a Christian, am good to people etc (I hope) but had no requests to God/Jesus, I never 'ask' persay for anything. I have my son, a roof, food. I thank God and Jesus for these 3 things every night. Other stuff does not mean much to me. I am glad when he comes home from school and is safe under this roof again. For a teen, he is a good (very good), smart boy.

The other night, again, I did not ask for something but I asked what I could do for God/Jesus. No answer.

I never win anything. I never get a break. Today though, I won $100.00 from buying a lottery ticket spur of the moment out of boredom. That winfall isn't much to some but it sure is a lifesaver to me this week. I only buy the tickets that the proceeds go to a charity btw. I buy a lotto maybe once a year, if that. I asked the air around me if that was Joshua, again no answer.

My son wanted the day off tomorrow. He isn't sick, he just wanted a break. I made sure it wasn't because of bullies or other drama (nor tests) that made him want to stay home. I said ok. One day won't make much of a difference in his acedemic career. Any day he is closeby is a good day to me anyways. I just breathe a lil easier. Back in the day, I had to be death's door to get a day off. Ridiculous if you ask me. I don't mind at all that he wants to have a Ferris Bueller day off to do nothing.

So, let me know, if you have any info on Joshua or if I am barking up the wrong angel tree.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by suzque66]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
shameless bump

because I shouldn't have posted in the middle of the night.

forgive me.

BTW, since I love movies so much, is Joshua (the computer program name) from the movie War Games any signifigance to an actual angel?

Any (accurate) info on Joshua would be great!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Here is a link to Joshua info.

I don't believe he was considered an "angel" but, he is considered a saint.

He spoke to angels though and was granted some help from them. If you google "St. Joshua"....LOTS comes up!

www.catholic.org...

new topics

join