It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perception Is Everything!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Perception

In philosophy, psychology, and the cognitive sciences, perception is the process of attaining awareness or understanding of sensory information.

For us to truly understand what goes on in this world we need to act as one, one living organism. However everyones perception is different, this is the reason people get into arguments, wars and believe in different religions etc...

People can debate about conspiracies, how the universe works and various other topics, but how far have they got?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I'd say how far we've gotten is close to around 0.0001 Percent.

We know we're alive, that was a big part of it. For the upmost respect to the above sentence, to even get on the scale, once are perception is based on paradoxes that would , quite litereally explode your brain, would be the next step.

Perception is as we see it, and as a whole see it, if the whole does not see it, the singles shall be cease to adherence, it's all about these days of what the whole sees not what is necessarily right, but as the whole.

Which will inevitably trifle us again, and again, and hey again.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shade
People can debate about conspiracies, how the universe works and various other topics, but how far have they got?

First, we need to build a starship and stealthily spy on life elsewhere, even better, beyond this galaxy...

Study for ourselves if intelligent life is the same elsewhere, do they also rape their planet and each other as we do? Things like that..

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Perceptions shape our beliefs, wrong perceptions = bad/erroneous data ie false truths

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Perception

In philosophy, psychology, and the cognitive sciences, perception is the process of attaining awareness or understanding of sensory information.

For us to truly understand what goes on in this world we need to act as one, one living organism. However everyones perception is different, this is the reason people get into arguments, wars and believe in different religions etc...

Perception is indeed a very significant aspect of life. There is just too much division in the world for us to unite as an individual organism and the population is too big as well. The best people can do is be tolerant, friendly and respectful to others, and encourage other people to do the same. But like you said, perception is ultimately subjective and it will be very hard to convince billions around the world that it can be objective if people start working together.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shade

The truth is that none of us truly know anything. How can I honestly know that the pyramids exist right now if they are not in front of me? Have any of us been to the moon? How can we truly know the moon is "real"?

The question is. How do we separate our minds from the perceived reality?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

First, we need to build a starship and stealthily spy on life elsewhere, even better, beyond this galaxy...

Study for ourselves if intelligent life is the same elsewhere, do they also rape their planet and each other as we do? Things like that..

I think this can be understood without having to travel to other worlds

IF using the theory of evolution and If we can use Earth's simplest life forms we can see what causes these simple life forms to compete with each other

Energy (sunlight, food)

Mating (if they need to mate to reproduce)

Territory (If that would even be a factor for simple living things)

I cannot think of what else the simplest life forms would need to compete with each other

If we go with the theory of evolution and follow the trail up to modern living things we can see how this would relate to us Humans. I would say this counts for more than just knowing that we are alive but knowing where we come from.

I will give it a 78.42%

I think humanity is getting closer to solving one of the most important questions that plays a ridiculously huge part of the Universe and that is Gravity.

Solving Gravity would give humanity a Quantum leap.

And we have top men working on it.

Who?

Top men......

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
well everone who has posted so far has proved my point... Everones mind is different and this cannot be changed, this is why we are getting no where. Sure technology advances but humans as a race are so far from learning the truth about this world let alone the universe.

top topics

join